Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We don't see behind closed doors-but the players hate the Gibbs regime

ST#21willbreaku

The players have absolutely no faith in, nor respect Joe Gibbs. As fans we know what Joe brought to the table with the 3 Super Bowls. These players all grew up in other towns and most, if not all of them were not Redskins fans. To them he is just another coach.

Behind closed doors I guarantee you they are bad mouthing him to each other. I see it all over their faces. The only one that respects what he is doing is Marc Brunnell.

It is obvious the players don't agree with the Gibbs philosophy. Did you see or hear Brandon Lloyd? He was the only one to somewhat let the cat out of the bag. He made a point to say all of the players were on the same page, but call out the coaches for play calling.

Now that Lavar is gone he has said, "Gibbs is the worst coach I ever played for". I have reason to believe alot of the players feel this way.

I am a true Gibbs fan but I wish the players would trust him and respect him more. When you trust your leader it is human nature to work much harder and focus more on what you are trying to accomplish.

Does anyone else see this distrust in Gibbs from the players?????

Do you have any solid evidence to support your contention? You certainly didn't provide any in this initial post.

I'll bet last year when we were in the playoffs you didn't sound like this.....fairweather fan???

Ok, first of all nobody on the team will come right out and say they disagree with the coaches. You obviously don't understand politics. If you saw the B-Lloyd interview you would have gotten the same impression. He has a big mouth and the media has not realized this yet---- Ask the San Fran media.....He also hangs with all of the U guys who are the core of our team. Enough said

This isn't Sally Jenkins - it's Tom Jackson. He randomly picks a struggling team and boldly announces that the team hates their coach. He does it every year - it's actually a positive thing - the last couple of teams he said this about went to the Super Bowl!

DISCLAIMER - I am not predicting a Super Bowl. I am not even predicting playoffs, let alone a winning season! (8-8 would be a gift!)

Ok, first of all nobody on the team will come right out and say they disagree with the coaches. You obviously don't understand politics. If you saw the B-Lloyd interview you would have gotten the same impression. He has a big mouth and the media has not realized this yet---- Ask the San Fran media.....He also hangs with all of the U guys who are the core of our team. Enough said

no it is not "enuogh said" genius. you clearly stated that none of "U" guys like GIBBS. i requested that you prove it. B. Lloyd hanging out with someone proves nothing. it doesnt prove that he doesnt like or trust Gibbs. furthermore it doesnt even come close to providing ANY evidence of the "U" players feelings.

so again....

PROVE IT.

The players have absolutely no faith in, nor respect Joe Gibbs. As fans we know what Joe brought to the table with the 3 Super Bowls. These players all grew up in other towns and most, if not all of them were not Redskins fans. To them he is just another coach.

Behind closed doors I guarantee you they are bad mouthing him to each other. I see it all over their faces. The only one that respects what he is doing is Marc Brunnell.

It is obvious the players don't agree with the Gibbs philosophy. Did you see or hear Brandon Lloyd? He was the only one to somewhat let the cat out of the bag. He made a point to say all of the players were on the same page, but call out the coaches for play calling.

Now that Lavar is gone he has said, "Gibbs is the worst coach I ever played for". I have reason to believe alot of the players feel this way.

I am a true Gibbs fan but I wish the players would trust him and respect him more. When you trust your leader it is human nature to work much harder and focus more on what you are trying to accomplish.

Does anyone else see this distrust in Gibbs from the players?????

Is this Brian Mitchell?????

So let me get this straight...your theory is that all the players with the lone exception on Mark Brunell hate Joe Gibbs, and the only quote or evidence that you present is of Brandon Lloyd saying all the players are on the same page and you argue from silence that the implication is that the page the players are on is an anti-Gibbs page. And then you throw in a quote from Lavar who is injury plagued, has an attitude problem and is an inconsistent player at best. And upon this we are supposed to wholly adopt your theory............wow.

I'd say your argument is pretty thin, but that would be an understatement. You don't say this stuff in public, like at work and stuff......do you?

My head hurts.:doh:

Now that is crazy!!! As much as all of us, as fans are having difficulty with the play this year...it is about "execution" in my opinion..NOT Joe Gibb's and not the coaching staff IMO. I mean if you miss open field tackles, over and over again whose fault is that? If you play out of position countless times, who's fault is that? If you inconsistent in your blocking schemes or you simply are outplayed, whose fault is that? It is not Gibb's. These are adult athletes who make a kazillion dollars to play hard every down. We have had major injury problems on the D and as far as the O goes it is execution of the schemes. No coach could change this situation the way I see it. If these players do not like Gibb's it is a glorified projection...they need to look in mirror and pony up...because it is their lackluster play and lack of execution that is screwing them...NOT their coach!

Why isn't this thread closed.

Because dwills1 may have found a friend :D

j/k dwilly :silly:

dwills1 abouth the starting post: "interesting" :D

and then "...Besides...you can't question Joe on extremeskins...."

He hasn't noticed lots of people question Joe on extremeksins. I know it's tough up in here, but it's hard for me to get how that has slipped by him. :silly: Maybe he meant a lot of people disagree with what he says, but that would be too weird on a message board.

Who else is going to admit their displeasure??? You hear the interviews, does anyone sound like they have faith in Gibbs????

Again, this is an argument from silence. It is pure conjecture, because you are assuming that given the opportunity and assured privacy they would bash Gibbs. Your whole theory is based on nuthin'.

I'd say quit while you're ahead, but I'm afraid that its too late.

Huh??? :doh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey man, I don't know what kind of bad drugs you are on, but some of us know for a fact, that your post has no basis whatsoever... I will not go into details...

By the way, I ask you this question.... who is doing the play calling?

You dont think Gibbs has anything at all to do with that?? His quote was "the players are all on the same page"

Again, this is an argument from silence. It is pure conjecture, because you are assuming that given the opportunity and assured privacy they would bash Gibbs. Your whole theory is based on nuthin'.

I'd say quit while you're ahead, but I'm afraid that its too late.

My arguement is based on

1. A player with a big mouth = B. Lloyd

2. A player who is no longer on the team = Lavar

Yes, those are the only players that would speak on this matter. Try again

Again this is a theory not an arguement, prove to me the "U" guys the core of the team are happy with the coaching staff.

You didn't have to grow up in the DC area or even come from a Redskin fan family to know who Joe Gibbs is. He's a damn hall of famer with one of the best all time records, including playoffs.

Another thing, have you ever been behind those closed doors? No? Then shut up already.

:bsflag: :sucks: :stfu: and :hammer: for good measure... :laugh:

Archived