Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bears Are A Super Bowl Team

RiggoReincarnated

Grossman had a terrible night, but the Cards D gave him fits in the preseason as well... Rex is for real, but everyone has bad nights. What's amazing is that the Bears are so freaking awesome that they can overcome a night like the one Rex had. Few teams could do that.

Actually they're not. Not yet anyway. What this game shows me is that they can be had. Grossman is not quite the real deal yet. Their defense is unbelievable but they were very fortunate tonight.

When you can beat a team on the road, with 6 turnovers and no offense...and score 21 pts off your defense and special teams...imagine how tough they are when their offense is clicking?

They have that aura. When you can win a game like this and put up 24 points with only 3 points from your offense, and 6 turnovers on the road, you're a Super Bowl team.

This game reminds me of the Giants game we had on the road in 1991, where we were down 13-0 at halftime but pulled out a 17-13 win at the Meadowlands.

Yeah, but if their QB keeps turning the ball over, they won't be a Super Bowl team.

Winning a game when your QB turns the ball over 6 times happens once in a blue moon...and that happened last night. Now, I don't think Grossman will still turn the ball over at that high of a rate, but anybody who has watched him play this year he's gone through every game where he was lucky he didn't have 2-3 INT's, defenders just kept dropping the ball.

Also on their defense, I think they are much less effective when you spread them out and operate from the shotgun.

YAKUZA

I have to agree. Cardinals had a top 10 offense AND defense last year, but didn't make the playoffs. They controlled last nights game but shot themselves in the foot.

That has to be extremely frustrating for them.

LOL! Are you serious? I knew the Cardinals had the #1 Passing Offense, but I didn't realize their defense was ranked so high, either!

Let's see. The Bears managed to defeat one of the worst teams in the NFL by virtue of a string of events that NOBODY would ever assume would happen. A qb who throws four picks and fumbles twice is NOT a leader fordging a path to the promised land. Unbelievable win, yes. "Unbelievable" being the operative word. The Bears won't even make the NFCCG.

As always in the playoffs it is always about the QB (Assuming the team has a playoff caliber defense and the Bears do). Even when the Ravens won their QB played pretty well in the playoffs. If RG doesn't perform better than he did agains AZ the Bears will fall at home in the playoffs just like they did last year. When RG has played well this year the Bears have won big.

The Bears are a Super Bowl calibre team. They are running on all cyclinders... offense, defense and special teams. They are complete.

Does that mean they'll win the Super Bowl? Absolutely not.

But you don't have to be perfect for 16 games to win a Super Bowl. The Steelers lost 6 games last year.

Bears will not be in the Superbowl. I will bet anyone on that. Any other team would have beat them last night.

Every team has a bad game or a bad stretch. Pittsburgh lost three in a row last year. The Ravens went five games without an offensive touchdown in 2000. The Patriots were starting Drew Bledsoe at one point in 2001. The Broncos started 1-3 (I think) in '98.

Super Bowls are usually won by:

1. The team that is peaking in January with

2. A good defense and

3. A QB who is not making mistakes.

Archived