Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough of the fairweather fans!

idk2

There's not THAT many people on the board like that.

Far more are of the "optimistic but this game is the last straw" or "consistently negative" or "consistently reserved" variety.

Very few "180" types, not memorable, known posters at least.

He's correct.

The ones that are negative... are always negative. The ones that are positive.. are always positive.

The only ones you see on any given week depend on the result the past Sunday.

You aren't seeing the same posters. If people took the time to get to know people... and read their posts and get a handle of this community... you'd know that.

But most people just read the subject titles of the first page.. and attribute them to the community as a whole.

I'm critical of wins and losses, so I don't think I'm a fairweather fan. I been with the team since the third super bowl, and I have been through the good times and bad. Do you remember ritchie pettibon as headcoach, or how about bein 7-1 and missin the playoffs? I might be young but I'm a diehard skins fan, and I know since I've been a skins fan we have lost more than we won. We haven't had two good consecutive seasons, and we have had one too many coaches. Anyone who is a real skins fan will be extremely high after wins and very critical after a loss.

We're in the same boat, man. Fans like you and me are effing awesome. We went through middle school, high school, and college without a good team. We took all that crap from everyone, and we're STILL here. Don't ever question our generation's loyalty to this team, because at least most of you have the glory years to look back on. All we have are the 4-12, 3-13 seasons that are the beginning of our memories.

I have been a fan since childhood, been through the Bad Years, and quite frankly im sick of it. Yes im very pissed off right now with good reason. We drank the kool aid , and expect results. Most of these guys have been here long enough to have developed some continuity. Our D disgusts me right now. Last year we said if the O could score 20 we would have won 14 games. Well they put up 22.

He's correct.

The ones that are negative... are always negative. The ones that are positive.. are always positive.

The only ones you see on any given week depend on the result the past Sunday.

You aren't seeing the same posters. If people took the time to get to know people... and read their posts and get a handle of this community... you'd know that.

But most people just read the subject titles of the first page.. and attribute them to the community as a whole.

Eh. I'm honest. When we're good, then we're good. When we're suck, then we're suck. I still love my team, but I'm neither positive nor negative. Just honest.

I think that a good way to judge the people on the board is their presence at all. Optimists are here when we win. Pessimists when we lose. Those who are ALWAYS here are those that I respect. And andyman.

ATTENTION: to those of you who would like to paint me as a "fairweather" fan after at least 27 years of continuous support.

Do any of you have an idea as to WHEN this supposed fairweather will return? I think 15 years of being a stormy-weather fan is quite enough to justify a little frustration. Just so you know, there's quite a difference between putting up with a perenially mediocre playoff-bound team versus a team that puts up 3 or 4 above .500 seasons in a decade and a half. I'm sorry, but if we become the Cubs of the NFL I'm going to ***** about it. I'll never root for another team but I'm not a masochist either.

I pay good money to the Redskins for all kinds of things. Other people pay even more money than me.

They represent my hometown, the DC/Metro Area.

I AM SICK OF BEING LIED TO! We are NOT going to the superbowl, we have ONE freaking draft pick on the first day next year and every year it is "the year".

I swear to god a 15 year old with Mel Kipers' draft guide and free agent guide could do a better job at managing player personnel than WHOEVER is doing it for the skins.

It is an embarassment, we are the big $$$ team in the NFL and we look like the god damned LIONS.

At 15 come back to this board when you grow some hair. There are many people such as myself that pay Snyder a fricken boat load of money every year for season tickets! So as long as I am paying for them I have a right to gripe, yell and moan at the pathethic options Mr. Lord of the Rings continues to go with. Since your 15 let me school you there, What's the sense of having WR's with 4.3 speed when you have a brokedown QB that can't make the throws? Isn't that like having the hottest girl in school and can't ever touch her? Isn't that a WAIST?

I have bled B&G since 1970 and I know I am not the only one that wishes I could get Joe Gibbs and Mark Brunell in a boxing ring for about 3 minutes! These two dipsticks are destroying this season and it's young immature fools that can't see the forrest for the tree's. And no I am not a HOF coach and I don't have all the answers, however I do have common sense and I am smart enough to see what I see, and guess what if it looks like crap and smells like crap GUESS WHAT???

It's either Mark Brunell or CRAP (They are one in the same)

MB needs to go back to FL and retire and continue to home school his kids. Joe Gibbs needs to go back to Nascar, Greg Williams needs to go back to some AFC team and Al Saunders well I don't know what he needs to do.

This team needs a new owner and new young coaches! Coaches that are hungry that will light a fire and not deal with no accountability, someone like Sean Payton! This whole franchise from top to bottom has Jack Kent Cooke rolling over in his grave!

can we block the words "fairweather fans" on the extremeskins server? this is the most ridiculous, over-used word ever on here

Really, nobody on here is a 'fairweather fan' we're going to ride it out no matter what. enough with what? i've had enough of having to defend the redskins and the embarassment i feel when the redskins under perform year in year out for the last 15 years...

I am very annoyed at the skins recent preformance, and i agree that we have to make some changes, but i'm getting tired of hearing the people that are extremely excited after every win come and bit'ch about how the redskins suck after every loss. Yes, they are not in an optomistic situation, but i will continue to wastch and support them, no matter how much the other team is favored by. I'm not saying that you guys should kiss Al Saunders and Mark Brunell's asses and agree with whatever you do, buy instead of writing off the team you claim to be a fan of as a non-threat, how about thinking about what can be done to make the future brighter. If JC gets some starts and becomes a reliable QB, i dont think the team is as bad as they are made out to be.

I was pissing burgundy and gold before you were born. Spent more money on the Redskins in one year than you have on your skateboard accesssories. Don't tell people they are fair weather fans unless you know something about them junior.

What does ****ing about a loss have to do with being a fairweather fan.

Do you know what fairweather fan means?

I tell you... I'm losing hope with these younger kids. No one wants to read and learn... most prefer to scream their ignorance from the mountaintops.

All they want is an audience.

Archived