Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 games in, how will the nfc east standings end up..

Eagle091

philly 13-3

dallas 11-5

giants 9-7

skins 8-8

this is an opinion, somewhat biased, but so will be your records,lol. barring any major injuries of course.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the second most revisited thread come week 17

you need to flip the teams

4-1

3-2

2-3

1-4

though TO may thrust Dallas to the bottom

I'll take a chance here, and explain my picks; I don't think any team in the division will have a losing record.

It's all about momentum.

Giants:10-6 "Eli Manning, oh, and the other Giants"

Home- W Philly, W Dallas, W New Orleans, L Chicago, W Houston, W Tampa Bay

Away - L Atlanta (they had the momentum against the skins, now they're at 500 and once again sitting ducks) W Dallas, (They get back to 500) L Jacksonville, W Tennessee, W Carolina, L Washington (LaVar gets his first tackle)

Eagles: 10-6 "Mcnabb having an MVP like season, can they stay healthy? It's week 5 and Westbrook is already missing some of his limbs"

Home - W Washington (Skins' look ugly), L Jacksonville, W Tennessee, L Carolina, W Atlanta

Away - L Washington, L New York, W Dallas, W Tampa Bay, W New Orleans, L Indy (you need to run the ball effectively to beat Indy)

Redskins: 10-6 "Offensive beast in the east, ready to be unleashed, run defense stout - though, even Lenny P could manage to catch 2 to 3 50 yard bombs (or hoagies) down the field on this secondary"

Home - W Tennessee (should look something like the Texans game, a little closer, the defense plays its best game so far in the season) W Dallas (coming out of the bye week, pumped up crowd at home, Portis and Springs back, Gibbs' has the team ready for war), L Carolina (Gibbs always talks this team up, and I think for good reason) W Atlanta, W Philly, W New York (knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs, yet again)

Away - L Philly (w/ Expectations high skins look ugly) W Indy (when they're not supposed to compete w/ a team, they keep it close and sometimes win) W New Orleans, W Tampa Bay, L St. Louis (Skins have the potential to beat great teams, and then lose out of nowhere to really bad ones, one of these nfl patsies will beat the skins NO or St Louis)

Cowboys: 9-7 "That defense is scary, however, so is Old Man Bledslow and that dreadful offense!"

Home - L Philly, L New York, W Houston (coming off of a bye, Houston will fix some things and keep it close—near upset, but Dallas pulls it off w/ an interception late in the game, W Indy (Teams that run the ball well, have a shot at beating Indy), W Tampa Bay, W New Orleans, W Detroit

Away - L Carolina, L Washington, W Arizona, L New york, W Atlanta

Some notes:

3 teams make the playoffs w/ one team being left out, this could go many different ways, obviously. Unlike previous posters, I think all the NFC East teams are capable of atleast 9-7 records.

The media will expect a let down from the Redskins after the Colts victory, against Dallas, but it won't happen until the following week at Philly (coming off a bye, I might add)- If the Skins' lose to Dallas they'll beat Philly on the road.

Both Dallas and Washington upset Indianapolis - Two teams that can pound the rock. The Boys and Skins are the hit or miss teams in the east, they will be the ones who beat the media proclaimed juggernauts, yet lose games they should win.

While I like to have my fun taking shots at TO like the next guy, I don't see him becoming a locker room cancer or game changing problem—this year.

It just wouldn't make sense, even for Terrell Owens, to create a major distraction, this early in his contract; I don't think it will matter much, though, I think Owens is on the decline, anyway- It would just be too ignorant for even Owens to accomplish; just like in Philly, it will happen in year two, as history repeats itself.

The Giants will have the best division record.

As of week 5, Philly has the best shot at making the playoffs (I know, obviously right?)

Things I was wrong about, after 5 weeks of observation:

Andre Carter making a big impact as a pass rusher.

I said earlier in the year, that the Giants would have some sort of breakdown or turmoil, and I beleived it to happen during this season, I will have to save that for next year, because they are looking pretty good with Eli at the helm - he's going to be pretty good. I still don't see Tom Coughlin taking that team to the promise land, however.

One last statement:

If Gibbs or Parcells get in the latter stages of the playoffs, lookout.

In order to give my purest response, I didn't read anyone's predictions so here goes..

Philly 11-5

NY 10-6

Dallas 9-7

Washington 7-9

The Eagles' defense is simply too good to ignore. McNabb is the best QB in the NFL right now and unless he gets hurt he will roll this season. I picked them to finish at the bottom of the division before week one and I was wrong. (This new prediction may rely on Westbrook remaining so good at the pass AND run game as he has this year. I don't think anyone but eaglefans knew he could tote the rock so well.)

The G-Men have a very suspect defense, but Tiki and their passing game will carry them this season. (For the record, they'll lose at Washington though. That matchup seems to be all about home field advantage.)

Dallas could go either way this year. 9-7 or 7-9. They can hang with any team and have a good defense, but Bledsoe is shaky, his o-line doesn't pass-block well enough and Terrell Owens is already making trouble. I gave them 9-7 because of Parcells' influence, but if he loses his team's dedication late in the year again this team could even go in the tank and finish in the NFCE basement.

As for my Redskins I just think it will take too long for Saunders' offense to gel this season and our defense seems to have too many nagging injuries/new players to come together early enough as well. I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong and don't want to be kicked off anyones' "bandwagon" (hate that term) but I just think bringing in Saunders and way too many newbies was the wrong move if we wanted to win the division THIS year. The other NFCE teams stayed the same and therefore got stronger, we changed and I think it will hurt us too much early on.

(Oh, and HTTR.) :logo:

Archived