Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players only meeting?

Skins4me

At what point do the players start to feel the pressure and call a players only meeting? Didn't this happen last year? Who will step up and call on everyone to play Redskins football?

Personally, I think that after we beat the Titans and we go to 3-3, the team must rally as they did last year. Beating the Colts before the break can turn things around. Coach Gibbs already know this and will express again, but it must be player leadership that takes control.

Leadership is the art of influence, it is not the act of influence. Many of our players are actors not artist. Darrel Green was a true artist in the sense of team leadership. This is what we need now!

Who will it be, when will it be, and will it be to late?

i think it'll be shawn springs. he's been sitting back unable to help the team out and he is ready to go out and explode on the field. i can only imagine how bad he feels not being on the field with his team and watching them as they go to 2-3. he's been holding all this energy in that he wants to use on the field and he'll be ready to let everyone know that it's not over, that they have to keep their heads high, and go out there and show everyone just what kind of team they really are.

Oh Gawd, the dreaded players only meeting. Do those things ever work?

Allow me to add my knowledge to this.

Of all the "All player's meeting" that I am aware of conducted by the Redskins, two of them, I know for sure was very effective. The first time I remember a meeting was called was in the '80's which proved even then to be effective. The last time was during the 2006 season by offensive lineman, Ray Brown. Afterwards, we won six straight games, including a playoff game. So, does it really work ... :munchout:I would say it does and when necessary, someone will call for it...no need for it right now.

I love the "players only" meetings. Every team does them at least twice a year. The percentages say that once in a while a team is bound to get hot after them. And those are the ones that are praised in the media.

Like someone else said, if they were so effective, wouldn't you have one every week?

Anyway, Randy Thomas called one before Houston. And I guess it worked, even though Texas Tech could beat Houston.

I love the "players only" meetings. Every team does them at least twice a year. The percentages say that once in a while a team is bound to get hot after them. And those are the ones that are praised in the media.

Like someone else said' date=' if they were so effective, wouldn't you have one every week?

Anyway, Randy Thomas called one before Houston. And I guess it worked, even though Texas Tech could beat Houston.[/quote']\

I'm gunna have to disagree with you. You could take the national champion of the NCAA and put it against the worst team in the NFL and the NFL team would win by a bunch everytime. Just better players at every position on offense and defense. Faster stronger and better.

\

I'm gunna have to disagree with you. You could take the national champion of the NCAA and put it against the worst team in the NFL and the NFL team would win by a bunch everytime. Just better players at every position on offense and defense. Faster stronger and better.

ex·ag·ger·ate: To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate.

Yes he is and he's come a long way. Great special teams guy.

Has he seen any field time at DB position? I thought he came along last season and thought he' be used more at DB because he knew the system. I hadnt seen him in yet and thought maybe we had to cut him. He isnt challenging Wright or Rumph for time???

these meetings also show some level of desperation.

Well, when you have 11 more games, only 2 of which are against teams with losing records, and you can only afford to lose three more at best to make the playoffs .. I would say that in the next week or two you ARE desperate!!

Archived