Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, at this point in the season, which is more frustrating - Offense or Defense?

footballhenry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I want to start by stating that I really see this team turning a corner and becoming an NFC juggernaugt. We have serious potential, and if things can just click, theres no telling how far we can go. Still there have been major dissappointments so far this season (I'm def dissappointed considering I predicted the Skins to go 13-3). The offense has shown signs of true promise (against Hou, and Jax) but then serious problems (against NYG, and Dal). I don't think we did too terrible against Minnesota as a whole, though I think there were times in that game where we could have and should have been much more aggressive (seems to be a running theme on Offense eh?).

Now the defense for most of the season from my outlook has been pretty bleak. We are constantly getting burned for big plays and can't get turnovers at all it seems (poor outings against Dal, Jax, and NY). So all-in-all, which unit are you most upset with to this point. Is it the offense because of the potential of what it could be and what we've achieved so far, or the defense and its lack of intensity and play-making? My vote goes to the defense...we have too many great players (Washington, Griffin, Taylor,etc.) to not be playing better. I realize Springs is out and that's a big deal, but you cannot just blame an entire unit's performance on one piece being out. Still, I have no doubt that this team will turn it around. :cheers: Here's to both the units playing their A game the rest of the season. :helmet:

The only thing that REALLY frustrates me to no end is the passing defense. We are ranked 28th in the league right now. Every other category we are at least competitive in. We can stop the run, and our offense overall has played pretty well. But our defense just sucks right now.

I hope Springs returns 100% and soon.

Defense, it was the thing nobody thought they needed to question coming into this season, Offense had something to prove, if they dont, we say oh well, it didnt work, defense has been proven, falling from the top hurts a lot harder then falling from the bottom as far as expectations

defense for sure.

as a fan i've come to expect a on and off offense from them. the redskins have never had a great offense in the time that i've been a fan. but our defense has been solid for a long time. the things i've seen from them this year have been such a disappointment to me. i'm hoping GW gets things in gear real soon (like NOW!)

I'd label the defensive collapse as the shocker of the season. I would've never thought it would've slipped THAT bad after the way it performed over the last few seasons.

The offense struggling wasn't that big because of the new twists Saunders was bringing to it and how inconsistent Brunell is.

Defense is terrible so far. Offense needs a consistent identity. On offense it seems in our two wins we play the game we all expected when we aquired Saunders,Lloyd,ARE.... mixing all our weapons like Moss,Portis, and Cooley into the gameplan, kind of like pick your poison opposing defenses then we become ultra conservative(coincidentally our losses). I just wish we would stay aggressive and force OUR gameplan on our opponent. It just seems like we lay off after having a little success.

Easily the defense. They haven't stopped anyone yet. Anyone.

The offense at least has had it's moments. It has good games and bad games, so there is at least the hope that the good games are a sign of things to come.

I see no such hope with the defense.

But really, what's most frustrating this season is watching this team play against divisional opponents. They look like a different team on those days. I thought those days were behind us, but apprently not. :(

Defense. I can sort of understand why the offense is struggling. I mean, there's a new system and a bunch of new players. And, frankly, I doubt Brunnel's ability anyway.

But this the same defense that was lights out last year and the year before. We got a bunch of aquisitions, but how hard can it be to plug them in? And honestly, we get one injury, and suddenly the Skins can't blitz? That of course means they can't get pressure, and QBs have all day to throw on our weak DBs . . .

Wow, I am blown away that the Defense is winning in that poll.

HOW could anyone be more frustrated with the defense than the offense.

The only thing that frustrates me about the defense is the cap space 2 guys on it are taking up, otherwise I think they are holding their part of the bargain.

Granted they haven't been tearing it up, but come on the offense couldn't even get a 1st down in the 4th quarter against the Giants. On 3 tries.

That is PATHETIC.

offense always bugs me more

reguardless of how our defense was playing, you hold an opponent to under 20 points, you're suppost to win

the sense of urgency that was missing from our offense last week sickened me, down two scores, still taking our time dinking and dunking and going no where

you see what happened when Eli came out? bam, 2, 3 shots down the field, out of no where

you'd never see our offense do that, EVER

Archived