Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go Titans!

gube79

Start Brunell.

Wow. Your signature is crazy. :doh:

Dont you think that Gibbs and Brunell both deserve more respect than that? I'm sure you have heard this a hundred times since you put it up but geez. I'm sure you'll just have some smart-a** remark, but thats a totally classless and baseless point of view. :2cents:

Wow. Your signature is crazy. :doh:

Dont you think that Gibbs and Brunell both deserve more respect than that? I'm sure you have heard this a hundred times since you put it up but geez. I'm sure you'll just have some smart-a** remark, but thats a totally classless and baseless point of view. :2cents:

Hey thats a nice sig you got there. Throwing someones religion in the mix.

That sig has No Class at all.

Way to go sport. :doh:

If you think that Brunell's faith has nothing to do with him being the starting QB of the skins, you're being delusional about it in my opinion. When Gibbs openly prays on the sideline in crucial moments of the game and his inept QB happens to share the same level of faith, it is not classless to point it out as a reason why he continues to start. I think it is classless to have public displays of religion in professional sports when you earn millions to do your job. Whatever they want to do on their own time is their business. They both use their positions that get them media attention to promote their religious beliefs and to point it out is not baseless. I did not bring up their religion, they put on display and to make an opinion on the connection between Brunell's starting despite his poor play and his public faith is fair game in my view because they made it a public issue.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: He's not the first person that I've heard mention that. I don't think that it's a major factor in the reason that Brunell is still the man in Joe's eyes but it does make you wonder. SoCal is stating what he believes is true and he's going to catch a ton of hell from "fellow" Redskins fans for doing so.

oh and since this is the reverse psychology thread, I hope our O doesn't show up this week.

I did not bring up their religion, they put on display and to make an opinion on the connection between Brunell's starting despite his poor play and his public faith is fair game in my view because they made it a public issue.

Yeah, you are bringing it up. And you are accusing Gibbs of religious discrimination, which is kind of a big deal. I really hope you had more evidence than your gut feeling and a personal opinion that Brunell stinks before making such a strong accusation.

And now would be a good time to present that evidence.

Yeah, you are bringing it up. And you are accusing Gibbs of religious discrimination, which is kind of a big deal. I really hope you had more evidence than your gut feeling and a personal opinion that Brunell stinks before making such a strong accusation.

And now would be a good time to present that evidence.

Yes, a very precarious position one puts himself in when statements such as these are made in this forum....

I smell possible litigation regarding character defamation.........

Wonder if he is familiar with the term libel........

If JG can hold off for about another yr, I will be more than happy to offer representation pro bono..... (or at least for season tix) :laugh:

Hey, what do you know. Another thread hijacked by a religious argument...

And Diesel, you should know that Gibbs is a public figure and actual malice is required to show libel. Something tells me that the original poster isn't making these statements with the specific intent of harming Gibbs' image and he doesn't actually believe it.

Anyway, since this thread is no longer fun (as it should have been)...

Umm, anyone else remember that A**hole who started a thread accusing Gibbs of the very same thing. You should really check your facts SoCal. JC is an openly professed Christian, not Jesus Christ, Jason Campbell. So your arguement is entirely baseless!!!!:doh:

Gibbs is prejudiced though. He prefers veteren experienced quarterbacks to young rookies:laugh:.

PS. My search doesn't work so if anyone can find the thread I mentioned above and put the link, you'd help me out a little.

If you think that Brunell's faith has nothing to do with him being the starting QB of the skins, you're being delusional about it in my opinion. When Gibbs openly prays on the sideline in crucial moments of the game and his inept QB happens to share the same level of faith, it is not classless to point it out as a reason why he continues to start. I think it is classless to have public displays of religion in professional sports when you earn millions to do your job. Whatever they want to do on their own time is their business. They both use their positions that get them media attention to promote their religious beliefs and to point it out is not baseless. I did not bring up their religion, they put on display and to make an opinion on the connection between Brunell's starting despite his poor play and his public faith is fair game in my view because they made it a public issue.

is there someway i can block the posts from this guy so i can pretend like theyre never posted?

Sorry everyone, I wasnt trying to turn this into a religious debate AT ALL!!!! I just thinks its crazy some of the s*** thrown around here after a loss. I mean are people really calling for the head of the best coach this franchise has EVER seen? Not only that but calling him out for religious favoritism??? Thats just plain f-ing crazy and I am not a "hard-core", "bible-beating" Christian.

Back to the original point of this thread...

is there someway i can block the posts from this guy so i can pretend like theyre never posted?

Yes there is actually. Click on the hateful poster's screen name and select "Add SoCalSkins to Your Ignore List":) . Thanks for reminding me! I'll do the same.

OK time to restore this thread to is original intent...

Go Titans! You are obviously a great team that is only 0-5 because of a few bad breaks.. You are so close to turning it around and running the table that it is scary.

Travis Henry is ready to break out this week on his way to a 1,500 yd season, while Vince Young is the best QB the league has ever seen.

Wait, was that me or Joe Gibbs talking?

Archived