Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you grade Gibbs this season?

jivelikenice

To me he has earned a "D" thusfar this season. I'm not saying this based on one game but rather the following:

1. Having the shortest training camp in the league this year with only 3 two a days. The Eagles were in camp early and look at then now? Even teams like the Jets who have inferior talent to us are playing better football since they worked hard in camp.

2. His inability to get a consistent effort from the team. We win one game and our players AND coaches act as though they proved something. It's his responsibility to get this team to be hungry week to week. Thjis team only plays when they're up against the wall. This team doesn't have the mentality to go 11-0 like the '91 team. Look at Andy Reid and McNabb...They aren't content with one win..They're on a mission

3. Inability to Adjust. We look horrible in the 2nd half this year and it doesn't look like we make any adjustments at all at halftime.

4. Tentativeness. Gibb's is playing "Martyball"....Why kick a field goal when we're down 13 to a team that we haven't forced into a punting situation ONCE??

It just looks like we'll be hoovering around .500 all season and that might get us to the playoffs but this isn't what we should be aiming for. We don't have a championship mentality and that starts with the coach.

To me he has earned a "D" thusfar this season. I'm not saying this based on one game but rather the following:

1. Having the shortest training camp in the league this year with only 3 two a days. The Eagles were in camp early and look at then now? Even teams like the Jets who have inferior talent to us are playing better football since they worked hard in camp.

2. His inability to get a consistent effort from the team. We win one game and our players AND coaches act as though they proved something. It's his responsibility to get this team to be hungry week to week. Thjis team only plays when they're up against the wall. This team doesn't have the mentality to go 11-0 like the '91 team. Look at Andy Reid and McNabb...They aren't content with one win..They're on a mission

3. Inability to Adjust. We look horrible in the 2nd half this year and it doesn't look like we make any adjustments at all at halftime.

4. Tentativeness. Gibb's is playing "Martyball"....Why kick a field goal when we're down 13 to a team that we haven't forced into a punting situation ONCE??

It just looks like we'll be hoovering around .500 all season and that might get us to the playoffs but this isn't what we should be aiming for. We don't have a championship mentality and that starts with the coach.

He's made mistake after mistake this season...but God-forbid we criticize him to some of the people on this site. We all love Joe Gibbs, but he's doing a terrible job so far, imho. Starting camp late with a new offensive coordinator and new players on defense in several key positions was simply inexcusable.

And the call yesterday not to go for it on 4th and 1. I almost turned the TV off there because I knew it was over.

Cant grade him...what does he do now? He turned over his playcalling abilites for the "BETTER OF THE TEAM" and I drank the kool-aid and am pissed. It was a cop out.

Overall he gets and F. I know Im going to get blasted but honestly I wish he didnt come back. He is a hall of fame coach, but I feel this second go around might taint that a bit. For that reason I wish he did not come back. I dont even know If hes going to be here next year...and who is goin to coach this team when he leaves? Are we going to start all over again? Another ten year hiatus!

B

we should have beat the vikings, but we can thank John Hall and Sean Taylor for that loss.

Dallas, in Dallas, with them wanting revenge for last year, we were a major underdog, with the division so stacked, we are not supposse to win road division games, we are suppose to win the home division games and split 3-3. Did the offense sputter, but you know what, thats Saunders fault.

Houston, we crushed them, as expected, enough said.

Jags, this was a game we needed to win, we won.

Giants, away game, this would have been a major upset if we had won.

I'll take 2-3 @ this point, the breaks just have not gone our way so far, but they'll go our way @ some point. Only reason this is not an A is because of the Vikings game.

B

we should have beat the vikings, but we can thank John Hall and Sean Taylor for that loss.

Dallas, in Dallas, with them wanting revenge for last year, we were a major underdog, with the division so stacked, we are not supposse to win road division games, we are suppose to win the home division games and split 3-3. Did the offense sputter, but you know what, thats Saunders fault.

Houston, we crushed them, as expected, enough said.

Jags, this was a game we needed to win, we won.

Giants, away game, this would have been a major upset if we had won.

I'll take 2-3 @ this point, the breaks just have not gone our way so far, but they'll go our way @ some point. Only reason this is not an A is because of the Vikings game.

Oh the humanity!!!

When did this years Cowboys and Giants turn into the '85 Bears?

We are not supposed to win road division games?? Gee, maybe we can just forfeit to Philadelphia on November 12th so we can save the workers at the Linc from having to clean up the stadium?

No, I didn't necessarily expect us to beat the Cowboys or Giants at their place. But I did expect us to show up. I didn't see the Giants or Cowboys fold their tents in Philly like we have in those two games.

And you're going to give Gibbs a "B"? For what?

I'd give him a "D". He still will not let younger players play. He always seem intent on being a CEO instead of a coach. The dye was cast when he allowed this team to loose 4 pre-season game in a row and followed it up with the excuse it's only pre-season. Well the habit of playing sloppy uninspired football has carried over into the Regulor season with 2 loses to start the season.

Loosing can be only resolved by effort. They always talk, talk talk and play like a bunch of over-rated TV annalysts. Gregg Williams even ducked out of Giant Stadium yesterday. Because HiS defensive Unit played like PRE-SEASON, still waiting on those GREAT DEFENSIVE "SCHEMES" Greg "Wonder Boy" Williams that you design so well, what a "PUTZ"!:mad:

Coach gibbs places too much faith in bad players like John Hall and Mark Brunell. He also hamstrings the offense by not going for it on 4th and 1 in enemy territory while down multiple scores. He refuses to play young, hungry players because they are "not ready," while greedy and over-the-hill veterans collect huge pay checks as this team wallows in mediocrity. I'm sick of watching young talent flourish on other teams, and knowing those players wouldn't even see the field if they were redskins. He trades away all of our draft picks for average players. He doesn't try to score when there are only 2 minutes left before halftime... oh the list goes on... The one thing I thought he did do, which is bring together a team strong in character and heart, he has also failed at. Straight up F.

That goes for snyder and the personnel department as well. Not another dime will be spent on redskins gear or tickets until this team starts managing itself properly.

i give him a D. we haven't looked ready nor determined in 2 of our 5 games. AT ALL. we laid an egg against dallas and yesterday against the giants. and i don't know why we brought in al saunders, i loved the playcalling down the stretch last year. we were an extra weapon or 2 away from being a unstoppable, cohesive unit.

I'll give Gibbs a D thus far THIS SEASON. Remember that he is our defacto GM, as well. He is responsible for letting guys like Clark and Stoutmire go. He was ultimately responsible for signing Kenny Wright, Brandon Lloyd, AA, AC, and the other FA busts. At the same time, he got us guys like Golston and Montgomery in the draft. He also got Al Saunders, who I feel will make this a more consistent offense as the season goes on.

However, I just hate how conservative Gibbs gets. If it is 4th and 1, you go for it, especially if you are in the opponents' territory. You don't even have to run hte ball with Portis. You just have Brunell jump over the damn pile for a first down. Look at Del Rio. Yeah, we beat him but I admire him as a coach. He is willing to go for it on 4th down and has a tough mentality that IS the team.

Coach gibbs places too much faith in bad players like John Hall and Mark Brunell. He also hamstrings the offense by not going for it on 4th and 1 in enemy territory while down multiple scores. He refuses to play young, hungry players because they are "not ready," while greedy and over-the-hill veterans collect huge pay checks as this team wallows in mediocrity. I'm sick of watching young talent flourish on other teams, and knowing those players wouldn't even see the field if they were redskins. He trades away all of our draft picks for average players. He doesn't try to score when there are only 2 minutes left before halftime... oh the list goes on... The one thing I thought he did do, which is bring together a team strong in character and heart, he has also failed at. Straight up F.

That goes for snyder and the personnel department as well. Not another dime will be spent on redskins gear or tickets until this team starts managing itself properly.

I agree 100%---something has got to give here...this is just becoming ridiculous...we pay top-dollar for a crap product.

The worst part is there are games we go into that the team expects to lose....They don't go in thinking they're going to win....They hope to hang around and maybe once in a while steal it at the end....I mean who really doubts the same thing won't happen when we go to Philly?

Archived