Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steele's new ad accusing Cardin of stealing his SSN

Zguy28

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/politics/bal-md.notebook04oct04,0,7748561.story

Steele is referring to a 2005 incident in which two Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee staffers resigned after their managers learned that they had used the lieutenant governor's Social Security number to obtain his credit report. One pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and agreed to complete 150 hours of community service. The other was not charged.

I remember the flap about this...I think that it was a worker on another campaign who was stupid enough to actually use her own credit card while accessing his report from TransUnion...and she was convicted of illegally accessing his report. If I recall correctly at one time Steele had severe financial difficulties. I think there was also some issue regarding an alleged impropriety about legal advice regarding him and his sister in her divorce from Mike Tyson. I know that I haven't provided many facts but if someone wants to search it out I am sure that they can provide the details.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/24/AR2005092401234.html

During the broadcast, Steele acknowledged that he had encountered tough financial times before being elected on Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr.'s ticket in 2002.

"Two years ago, I came forth with all that information voluntarily," Steele said. "As an entrepreneur, I left a high-paying job at a law firm to start my own business. It was going well, and then I had clients who didn't pay, and of course you get in a hole and you have trouble."

Steele reported personal and campaign debts of more than $60,000 when he was elected in 2002. He is paid $120,833 a year as lieutenant governor. According to the most recent financial disclosure he submitted to the Maryland State Ethics Commission, which covers 2004, he has paid off mostdebts.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/custom/election/bal-md.steele04oct04,0,5935337.story?coll=bal-local-headlines

The Maryland Democratic Party is asking the state to investigate whether Republican Michael S. Steele inappropriately mediated an alimony agreement between his sister and her estranged husband, professional boxer Mike Tyson.

Steele, a lawyer and the GOP nominee for lieutenant governor, denies the charge and has accused the Democrats of meddling in his family's affairs.

The Democratic Party filed a complaint yesterday with the state Attorney Grievance Commission alleging that Steele, acting as an attorney, drafted a settlement agreement between Tyson and Monica Turner Tyson. A party spokesman said that would be illegal because Steele isn't licensed to practice law in Maryland.

"You are not allowed to break the law, whether you do it on behalf of your family or someone else," said David Paulson, communications director for the state Democratic Party.

Steele, who is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, said the Democrats have reached "a new low."

"I think it is despicable for the Democratic Party to politicize my sister's divorce," Steele said. "This is a baseless, malicious attack by a losing campaign."

In January, Monica Turner Tyson filed for a divorce from Tyson. According to documents filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court, the two reached an alimony and child support agreement July 18. Tyson was to pay Turner $10 million, according to the documents. The agreement included an introductory clause that said Steele helped draft it.

Steele said yesterday Turner and Tyson drafted the agreement, but he reviewed it at their request. "They asked for my opinion and that is it," Steele said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/custom/election/bal-md.steele04oct04,0,5935337.story?coll=bal-local-headlines

The Maryland Democratic Party is asking the state to investigate whether Republican Michael S. Steele inappropriately mediated an alimony agreement between his sister and her estranged husband, professional boxer Mike Tyson.

Steele, a lawyer and the GOP nominee for lieutenant governor, denies the charge and has accused the Democrats of meddling in his family's affairs.

The Democratic Party filed a complaint yesterday with the state Attorney Grievance Commission alleging that Steele, acting as an attorney, drafted a settlement agreement between Tyson and Monica Turner Tyson. A party spokesman said that would be illegal because Steele isn't licensed to practice law in Maryland.

"You are not allowed to break the law, whether you do it on behalf of your family or someone else," said David Paulson, communications director for the state Democratic Party.

Steele, who is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, said the Democrats have reached "a new low."

"I think it is despicable for the Democratic Party to politicize my sister's divorce," Steele said. "This is a baseless, malicious attack by a losing campaign."

In January, Monica Turner Tyson filed for a divorce from Tyson. According to documents filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court, the two reached an alimony and child support agreement July 18. Tyson was to pay Turner $10 million, according to the documents. The agreement included an introductory clause that said Steele helped draft it.

Steele said yesterday Turner and Tyson drafted the agreement, but he reviewed it at their request. "They asked for my opinion and that is it," Steele said.

The story here is that his sister was married to Mike Tyson. WTF?

He stood between Mike Tyson and his former wife?

Man's got guts.

"Does anyone know facts on this?"

Why am I not suprised that the leftists had not heard about this? If you actually follow politics closely of course you would have heard of this before...

but doesn't stop the ignorant from making dumb statements (e.g. "I can say it")

try to at least do a google search before demonstrating you don't know what you are talking about.

"Does anyone know facts on this?"

Why am I not suprised that the leftists had not heard about this? If you actually follow politics closely of course you would have heard of this before...

but doesn't stop the ignorant from making dumb statements (e.g. "I can say it")

try to at least do a google search before demonstrating you don't know what you are talking about.

Ok - AFC is now accusing ZGuy28 of being a leftist (and an ignorant one too).

bigdogtonguelolcj1.jpg

So, since you're a well-informed political observer, I assume you already know about this.

While preparing for an upcomming election, Cardin asked some volunteers to dig up some dirt on his opponent.

The volunteers cleverly obtained the opponent's credit report. Which is illegal.

When the volunteers turned over the information they'd obtained, Cardin immediatly "fired" them, notified the police, and notified his opponent. One of the volunteers was subsequently convicted.

Republican reaction: wait two years, then run an attack ad that claims Cardin did something illegal.

I wish I lived in MD so I could vote for this guy.

"He loves George Bush."

Brilliant campaigning by the liberals, is that all they have to resort to? "Hey, you hate George Bush...well this guy likes him! Vote for us!" What a bunch of retards.

I am going to vote for him. I just hope he sticks to his platform of "changing the rules" with regards to special interests.

I wish I lived in MD so I could vote for this guy.

"He loves George Bush."

Brilliant campaigning by the liberals, is that all they have to resort to? "Hey, you hate George Bush...well this guy likes him! Vote for us!" What a bunch of retards.

I think it was a joke ad, in response to a Steele ad that said you should vote for Steele because he loves puppies.

So, since you're a well-informed political observer, I assume you already know about this.

While preparing for an upcomming election, Cardin asked some volunteers to dig up some dirt on his opponent.

The volunteers cleverly obtained the opponent's credit report. Which is illegal.

When the volunteers turned over the information they'd obtained, Cardin immediatly "fired" them, notified the police, and notified his opponent. One of the volunteers was subsequently convicted.

Republican reaction: wait two years, then run an attack ad that claims Cardin did something illegal.

He also had to fire another campaign worker. This co-worker was also doing illegal things...what's up with his campaign? The firing had nothing to do with the illegal activity though.

http://wbal.com/news/story.asp?articleid=49140

New developments Tuesday in the case of a blog written by a former staffer for the Cardin for Senate campaign.

The staffer, Ursula Gruber, who was fired by the candidate's campaign for making racially charged comments in her blog, also mentions in her blog a Wal-Mart discount card that she says was used illegally by people in the office.

Archived