Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Motivate a Dude that's Already Motivated

Waleo32

We all know that we are playing LaVar and the Giants. LaVar has played terrible of late. But he is playing against his ex-team and he's coming off a bye week so his legs are rested. I understand Springs joke because he said it in a funny friend to friend way. But Lindsey a dude who LA hated had to come out of the mouth. Why? Just say no we ain't worried about him knowing our plays. Instead he comes out and says "He ain't know nothing when he was here". I don't care if it's fact or fiction. Somebody needs to grow the hell up. We are back at .500. I don't know about you but I remember that Giants game last year and AP was highly motivated, I don't want the same thing to happen here. So please shut up about the OLD LA situation. Us as fans have moved on it's time for a coach to move on.

We all know that we are playing LaVar and the Giants. LaVar has played terrible of late. But he is playing against his ex-team and he's coming off a bye week so his legs are rested. I understand Springs joke because he said it in a funny friend to friend way. But Lindsey a dude who LA hated had to come out of the mouth. Why? Just say no we ain't worried about him knowing our plays. Instead he comes out and says "He ain't know nothing when he was here". I don't care if it's fact or fiction. Somebody needs to grow the hell up. We are back at .500. I don't know about you but I remember that Giants game last year and AP was highly motivated, I don't want the same thing to happen here. So please shut up about the OLD LA situation. Us as fans have moved on it's time for a coach to move on.

I agree. The rift between LaVar and the team started with Dale Lindsey. All the $$ bs could have been worked out, but Lindsey had a personal problem with LaVar and vice-versa. Let's hope LA's "one good game" isn't against us and at Mark Brunell's expense. After all Lindsey doesn't have to suit-up on Sundays. A wise dude once said "Let sleeping dogs lie." :2cents:

lavar may be jacked up for this game but he is one guy. i think our entire team is just as psyched to play lavar, to get some payback for last year and, most importantly, to prove the critics wrong.

I totally agree with you. I think our team wants revenge. You can here it in Wynn's voice. Lindsey needs to let LA be. And let the players do what they do.

Frankly, Lavar probably plays worse when he's motivated by these types of things. He's already an undisciplined player. He'll be even moreso when all he's thinking about is revenge. I say we run about 50 reverses to Lavar's side.

Frankly, Lavar probably plays worse when he's motivated by these types of things. He's already an undisciplined player. He'll be even moreso when all he's thinking about is revenge. I say we run about 50 reverses to Lavar's side.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

The more "motivated" Lavar is, the more he'll jump offsides and blow assignments trying to make plays. I think Lindsay is playing him. I love the quote!

I would have preferred for Lindsey to stay quiet as well but can you really blame him after all of the shots Lavar's taken at the coaching staff since he left? Just last week he took a shot at the lack of a defensive scheme here on Inside the NFL.....Lavar needs to stop finding people to blame when something goes wrong and needs to step up for himself...(Hopefully not this week)

I wish Dale lindsy would not have said this. Springs too. Look. Just shut up and let your play on the field do the talking. Now the Giants are going to be extra jacked up and thats the last thing we needed. You know. I was feeling real good about this game. But now I dont know? Why do add fuel to a fire. We are on the road in a hostile stadium with a suspect secondary. With a Giants team, that if they loose they are done. They have alot of talent. But for some reason they have not put it together. Why would give them bullitin board material so they can put it together against our ass. Man! When will people learn.

I wish Dale lindsy would not have said this. Springs too. Look. Just shut up and let your play on the field do the talking. Now the Giants are going to be extra jacked up and thats the last thing we needed. You know. I was feeling real good about this game. But now I dont know? Why do add fuel to a fire. We are on the road in a hostile stadium with a suspect secondary. With a Giants team, that if they loose they are done. They have alot of talent. But for some reason they have not put it together. Why would give them bullitin board material so they can put it together against our ass. Man! When will people learn.

Oh quit your crying. How much crap about the Skins whole organization have Lavar and Pierce talked all season and offseason? You don't think the skins are fired up too?

Good for Lindsey. He's only telling the truth. I hope Lavar gets all pumped up and blows assignments all game. The guy lived off a reputation for the last 3 years.

I like the quote by Pierce that Lavar attended every offseason workout for the first time this year. What's that tell you about the effort he put into the defense as a Redskin?

Yeah I wish they would've kept quiet about it like everyone else on our team did. I honestly have been worried about this game as soon as LaVar signed with the Giants. I know he's out there looking to prove himself (especially after they way their D has played so far) and I'm just worried he might get a clear shot on Brunell or something. I'm not too worried about his pass coverage, it's him on the blitz that concerns me. And I know he's playing at much less than 100% but all he needs is one clear shot on Brunell and we could be screwed big time. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Us fans sound like the coaches here! Did anyone here Gibbs tell Lindsey, Sellers, or Springs to reneg on their comments. No! because he knows well by now his team is ready for redemption from what happened last year up there.

Everyone is human, so as human beings we have a right to speak freely but with subtlety. The Skins players know exactly what to and not to say when concerning Lavar! You have to even be susceptible with Lavar choosing not to have the news conference that he was scheduled for!

There are alot of emotions riding through this game and one would be a fool to think that only Lavar is prepared!

Go 'Skins :logo:

Lavar can't afford to get overly jacked up, because he often makes huge mistakes in that state of mind, e.g., off-sides penalties on third and 4 or roughing the passer or late hits out of bounds to extend drives.

If he's the Lavar we've seen the last few years, he will do more harm than good for his new team. If he plays with his brain (the entire game), he may be a force. If he plays with his emotions, I like our chances to take advantage of him and the Giant defense.

Here's hoping for over-emotional Lavar! :cheers:

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived