Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Rock continue to be KOR?

skinfan2k

after a few weeks of seeing him back there on kickoffs, what do u guys think? i think he has gotten comfortable each game. i think he defintely desreves to keep the job til he makes too many mistakes.. i personally think hes better than betts at KOR duties

ya, i think Rock's done a fine job. He's faster than I thought he was, as shown on that kick return for a TD in dallas. He hasnt fumbled or done anything to justify taking the job from him and he's certainly dangerous and always capable of takin one to the house. Let him keep kick return duties.

They'll stick with Rock until he fumbles one, which I think is a good thing. He seems to be a little more capable of making cuts behind the wedge than Betts, who always seemed to be going in one direction (which is good when the lane opens in front of you). His speed (especially on the TD against Dallas) has surprised me, and I'd love to see him get to use it in the open field some more....

this seems like someone stretching to come up with their own thread.....

haha jk...I like Rock as kick returner but I dont want to see him carry the ball anymore unless were up by 3 tds. Portis Betts and Duckett...ocasionally Sellers.

im kinda tired of all the brunell bashing thread!!! we need something else to talk about

Yep. Rock should continue to return kicks until he makes some mistakes. Right now though, he is doing just fine.

Wow! Some of you guys act as if it is inevitable that Rock royally screws up. If I am not mistaken he is the only guy to take one to the house this year and has the second longest average return in the NFL (despite having a 40+er brought back by a penalty that didn't affect him breaking it).

Just cause he had one costly fumble last year people want to stay on his back. He is a better return man than anybody else on this team including ARE who hasn't returned a kickoff since 04 and hasn't scored a TD on a KO return since 02.

I agree he has shown enough to hold the job, he's done at least as well as Betts did - and his 100yarder TD was more impressive than Betts imo (though they were both nice and timely!)

Plus Betts gets hurt a lot... maybe not returning kickoffs will help him stay healthy? Betts best addition to the team is as a reciever out of the back field and in motion, we need to keep him healthy to do that and back up CP.

Yeah, I think so...

Saw this stat in the paper this morning:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/KRET/2006/regular

2006 Regular Season

NFL Kick Returns

Rank Player Team Rets Yds Avg LG TDs

1 B.J. Sams BAL 5 181 36.2 72 0

2 Rock Cartwright WAS 10 282 28.2 100 1

3 Chris Carr OAK 12 332 27.7 45 0

Considering Sams has half of Rock's attempts, I would say Rock is leading the league thus far.

Not too shabby... I guess Gibbs knows what he is doing.

Archived