Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Love at first sight?

CHUBAKAH

Personally, I don't believe in love at first sight....lust yes, love no. But hey, don't put too much weight in my opinion...I'm a pessimist/skeptic by nature ;)

...my in-laws, however, were big believers in it. They were married on their 2nd date!!! They said it was love at first sight...knew they would be together forever...so they went and got married on the 2nd date, which was only a week after the first date. My father-in-law died about 12 years ago...which was shortly after their 25th wedding anniversary.

Mine is kind of an interesting story.

I met pez my freshman year at the College of Charleston at one of their frat houses over a bottle of tequila. I had an instant connection to him (and no it was not due to the tequila). It is like I always knew I would end up with him but at the same time we both fought each other. We dated for a month or two then I went back to the jerk I dated on and off for 8 years and he moved back to VA.

3 Years went by and we did not speak at all. Then one day while traveling to Rhode Island with my roommate we stopped in DC. My first thought was I wonder what ever happened to pez so I had my parents find my phone book with pez's number. I called him and asked "Is pez there"? Not even knowing if it iwas still the same number. He said "this is he" and "oh crap someone from CofC (pez was his nickname there too). I said "yes it is Christie", his response "even worse ha ha ha". We met for breakfast before I finished the drive to Rhode Island and there was still this connection there. We talked on the phone here and there and then I had to call him to tell him one of my best friend's and his old frat brother died in a car wreck. He came to Charleston and we hung out but I was still dating jerk off.

We talked more on the phone and he came to see me a few times I came to see him and we just had fun. About a year later I finally ended my relationship with the jerk and pez and I started talking more. With in 2 months we went on a cruise and got engaged. With in 11 months of that we were married and now I have had the ball and chain for almost 8 years.

Even though I dated the jerk for 8 years and thought I would marry him I always knew in my gut it would be pez. There was just an instant connection from day one.

Very cool stories everyone!

And for the record AX, I think you're story is kick ass.

Thanks Chewy. I think so too.

For the record, I never thought it would happen to me either. (So hang in there Midnight)

I was not looking for it to happen. As I stated, I was just out collecting butterflies. The only long term relationship I was interested in at the time was maybe a three day weekend. I had long ago given up my virginity, and dating hot chicks was what everybody did, right? So it wasn't a case of falling for something I had never had before. Like I said, we maybe didn't know at the time what it was, but we had it!

Even still, as it was happening I tried to deny it was. My tough-guy, no girl's gonna tie me down, a man ain't a man 'til he screws every chick walking, didn't want to admit that he had been smitten. We even both said we weren't expecting anything more than a date from each other. That lasted a week maybe. Within 30 days, we both made drastic changes to plans we had worked on for years before we met. We dove head first into the deep end without a life jacket.

We take the gold in synchronized swimming every year. :D

Yes.........it is real. Very real.

I saw the man walk through the door.........with another woman.......and I said to my friends........I am going to marry that guy. He had a date.....I had a date.........but during the night.....we made eye contact.......and he came over and asked me to dance.

The next day.......he called me.......came to my apt........and we got married 3 months later.

I will always love this man......although we are no longer married......it was definitely love at first sight......for both of us. We just can't live together.

As for georgia's experience........that is very awesome. I have talked with people on here......and developed close friendships. But no one that I wanted to bemore than a friend when I met them.

Blondie

That's a neat story, Blondie. And I can totally relate-I've learned that sometimes love is not enough (especially when there is addiction involved).

And thank you. :) The best thing is, he feels the same way. :cloud9: I always thought I deserved blessings (vs heartache as in the past), but never really knew they could be so intensely special.

I'll pray that it happens to you again, and that it lasts. And hope your mom is doing well now, too!

Personally, I don't really buy in to true love at first sight. I think that the first time you get that feeling that you want someone is roughly the same as every other time... but what makes the one stick out to you the most is what happens afterward. You'll remember the exact, positive feeling much better when you reflect upon it if your relationship is a good one rather than if it goes wrong or ends poorly.

But when we met in person, wow. Not to sound surreal or anything, but it was like two good spirits finally found each other. That TOTAL connection was complete-our eyes met, we froze, and just as suspected, someone who had become one of my best friends, had taken my breath away in the flesh, from the first look.

Cute. She sounds like a total babe.

Whoa! They both said the same thing. It's almost like they know each other or something. Weird, this is like an episode of The Twilight Zone! :paranoid:

That is kind of freaky... my best bet is that they're cousins or somesuch. How else would they both be so in-tune to each other? :whoknows:

Mine is kind of an interesting story.

I met pez my freshman year at the College of Charleston at one of their frat houses over a bottle of tequila. I had an instant connection to him (and no it was not due to the tequila). It is like I always knew I would end up with him but at the same time we both fought each other. We dated for a month or two then I went back to the jerk I dated on and off for 8 years and he moved back to VA.

3 Years went by and we did not speak at all. Then one day while traveling to Rhode Island with my roommate we stopped in DC. My first thought was I wonder what ever happened to pez so I had my parents find my phone book with pez's number. I called him and asked "Is pez there"? Not even knowing if it iwas still the same number. He said "this is he" and "oh crap someone from CofC (pez was his nickname there too). I said "yes it is Christie", his response "even worse ha ha ha". We met for breakfast before I finished the drive to Rhode Island and there was still this connection there. We talked on the phone here and there and then I had to call him to tell him one of my best friend's and his old frat brother died in a car wreck. He came to Charleston and we hung out but I was still dating jerk off.

We talked more on the phone and he came to see me a few times I came to see him and we just had fun. About a year later I finally ended my relationship with the jerk and pez and I started talking more. With in 2 months we went on a cruise and got engaged. With in 11 months of that we were married and now I have had the ball and chain for almost 8 years.

Even though I dated the jerk for 8 years and thought I would marry him I always knew in my gut it would be pez. There was just an instant connection from day one.

:cry: That is so beautiful!:applause:

It'a real thing, Mark. Happened to me when met my wife. I was at a civic

orgainization's meeting and saw her when she walked in the room. I was

divorced and noticed she wasn't wearing a ring.

My cousin and his wife immediately knew I was on the prowl. I made it my

mission to find out who she was. When saw my cousin's wife talking to

her...seized the opportunity to introduce myself. Later was told she was

serious with a friend of mine (later to find out it was false), but that didn't

deter me. I was a man on a mission!

We've talked and laughed many times about who saw who first. It was love

at first sight for both of us.

that's actually uplifting too, knowing that it can be one sided. So your attraction just built for her as time went on?

Yeah, it didn't take very long. I was in love with her within a month - but it definitely wasn't love at first sight. Hell, I hooked up with some other chick a week after my first date with my wife.

Well, I remember very vividly the first time I saw my wife. I was actually engaged at the time, but that was heading south in a hurry. I ditched my Finace` and started dating my future wife. I don't know if it was love at first site, but it was very close. And we are living happily ever after. :)

Well, I remember very vividly the first time I saw my wife. I was actually engaged at the time, but that was heading south in a hurry. I ditched my Finace` and started dating my future wife. I don't know if it was love at first site, but it was very close. And we are living happily ever after. :)

That's awsome!

Congrats

:cheers:

Way to effin scientific for me. I lost interest about half way through.

Back on topic.

60,000.00 people and this is all we have?

Basically the first half of that blog talks about the three different phases of attraction. During each phase a distinct set of chemicals are released in the brain. The parts of the brain that are affected are the same areas affected by cocaine, ecstacy, and anti-depressant drugs.

Had you gotten to the second half of the blog you would have read what I consider to be the true definition of love. In other words, what's left AFTER the the brain stops releasing the chemicals associated with the initial three phases of attraction.

In short, there is NO SUCH THING as love at first sight. People are simply releasing chemicals at the same time due to a common attraction for each other. Now, if two people discover that they love each other (i.e., compatability, mutual caring, willingness to share, etc., etc....) after their brains stop releasing those chemicals then they have what it takes to make a relationship work and last.

People who say they've experienced love at first sight, or know people that have experienced it, are simply examples of people who've stayed together past the initial three stages of attraction.

Archived