Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Love at first sight?

CHUBAKAH

Care to elaborate a little?

Well, to first debate some other comments, I had been talking to this person for months before we met in person, and had already formed a special, daily, close friendship with them.

But when we met in person, wow. Not to sound surreal or anything, but it was like two good spirits finally found each other. That TOTAL connection was complete-our eyes met, we froze, and just as suspected, someone who had become one of my best friends, had taken my breath away in the flesh, from the first look.

And we were together in person a few times before anything physical happened, but at those times (and of course now), there was this electricity between us that could set off fireworks or some type of explosion. Just being next to him was a rush.

And I'm not talking lust here, although sexual chemistry is hugely present. I had already adored this person completely, but meeting them in person, was like a completion of my heart.

I think of love at first sight as being someone you have never met before. Love at first sight after speaking to someone for a couple months may have pleasantly surprised you, but I don't consider that as such. Congrats on meeting a wonderful woman, and hopefully everything works out.

Happened to me at age 14. dated the girl until I moved up to PA at 17 (Blonde, stauesque with the greenest Irish eyes that you'd ever laid eyes on "sigh"). I almost stayed. Her parents would've put me up. Unfortunately my father would have none of that (Screwed me out of a full ride on a lacrosse scholarship. couch material for a shrink).

I went to my 20th reunion from the Maryland school that I missed my senior year. She has married one of my lacrosse teamates from back then. Danced with her. She told me that she still loved me and I her. However, My true love is the lady that I married here in PA.

I also told my team mate that if he ever broker her heart, I'd come looking for him!! They have three beatiful kids, as do I.

Ah Memories.

I have my love and my three "darling" children :laugh:

But LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT DOES HAPPEN.

:2cents:

Well it kind of sounds as though this is going on currently georgiaredskin2. While I am very happy for you, I’m not sure if this quite qualifies as "Love at first site" Maybe it does the way I started this thread, but am more looking to see if anyone has laid their eyes on say a perfect stranger, fell in love, and lives, or lived happily ever after.

I’ve personality only heard about this, but don’t know anyone personally who can say, it happened.

Let’s try and keep this thread serious guys and gals. It’s a serious question that demands serious answers.

Thanks in advance!

Well it kind of sounds as though this is going on currently georgiaredskin2. While I am very happy for you, I’m not sure if this quite qualifies as "Love at first site" Maybe it does the way I started this thread, but am more looking to see if anyone has laid their eyes on say a perfect stranger, fell in love, and lives, or lived happily ever after.

I’ve personality only heard about this, but don’t know anyone personally who can say, it happened.

Let’s try and keep this thread serious guys and gals. It’s a serious question that demands serious answers.

Thanks in advance!

Aw shucks. But I understand. But to be technical, that was the first sight in person.

I think of love at first sight as being someone you have never met before. Love at first sight after speaking to someone for a couple months may have pleasantly surprised you, but I don't consider that as such. Congrats on meeting a wonderful woman, and hopefully everything works out.

Actually if you read GARedskin2's post you'll notice GA said "him", I think GARedskin2 is into guys ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think it boils down to what you define as love. For me personally I like the corney definition that I use that love is a fire, its not something that pre-existed and not something that will always exist on its own. Its something that is maintained, and kept alive by effort.

So theres no way something like that can be made by a glance, however lust is excellent kindling.

Perhaps you missed the part where I asked this to stay serious?

This isn't the kind of thread where you're going to find hard and fast answers. It isn't even a thread where we can hope to have any kind of facts or statistics from which to form an argument. It's based purely on personal experience and opinion, and I don't see why a little bit of levity is out of line.

That said, I'll respect your wishes from here on.

This isn't the kind of thread where you're going to find hard and fast answers. It isn't even a thread where we can hope to have any kind of facts or statistics from which to form an argument. It's based purely on personal experience and opinion, and I don't see why a little bit of levity is out of line.

That said, I'll respect your wishes from here on.

I'm not looking for any facts statistics or argument though. I'm looking for personal experiences, and this is a subject where levity isn't needed.

Thanks though for respecting my request!

:cheers:

It happened to me, although I have no idea what happened, I'm labeling it as "love at first sight." And yes, it does feel like getting hit by something hard and the pressure of the hit bearing down...

I actually lost my appetite for about 3 days after I felt this feeling, and wandered around my house with nothing to do, and randomly I'd think of the lucky girl and feel this strange happiness. It was wierd as hell, and now looking back on it, I don't know if I'll ever feel the same way I did then.

I'm trying to get somewhere with her, but as my friends know, I like to call her a "project in the works," because I usually get really anxious whenever I try to do something about it and my friends get mad at me and threaten to tell her how I feel. I've known her for a long time too, almost a decade. And I hadn't felt anything like how I did that one night whenever I was with her before.

I don't know if this is love, but if it is, its hard stuff.

It happened to me, although I have no idea what happened, I'm labeling it as "love at first sight." And yes, it does feel like getting hit by something hard and the pressure of the hit bearing down...

I actually lost my appetite for about 3 days after I felt this feeling, and wandered around my house with nothing to do, and randomly I'd think of the lucky girl and feel this strange happiness. It was wierd as hell, and now looking back on it, I don't know if I'll ever feel the same way I did then.

I'm trying to get somewhere with her, but as my friends know, I like to call her a "project in the works," because I usually get really anxious whenever I try to do something about it and my friends get mad at me and threaten to tell her how I feel. I've known her for a long time too, almost a decade. And I hadn't felt anything like how I did that one night whenever I was with her before.

I don't know if this is love, but if it is, its hard stuff.

Maybe it does the way I started this thread, but am more looking to see if anyone has laid their eyes on say a perfect stranger, fell in love, and lives, or lived happily ever after.

Thanks for the post styx491, but no, this does not qualify.

Next

So how about you, Chubakah? Is the reason you are asking this because you feel you have felt love at first sight?

:paranoid:

I don't ever discuss my personal life on message boards, however I thought it would make for an interesting discussion.

Yeah yeah, that's the ticket.

:movefast:

Archived