Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Rocky?

TC

I didn't see McIntosh on the field at all yesterday. YES, I realize Mrs. Willi....cough, cough, I mean Warrick Holdman had 8 tackles. It's not like he's dropping people in the backfield or putting ANY pressure at all on the quarterback, however. The majority of his tackles seem to me to be coming from behind on rushing plays.

I guess I'm just confused as to why the Skins traded up for McIntosh if they're not even going to play him. This year's secondary issues have for the first time made me take a hard look at the Skins personnel strategy (free agents over draft picks). Aside from Rogers and apparently now Golston, is anyone (including McIntosh) actually playing that we've drafted in the past two years?

During the game I was thinking to myself....why don't they take this sorry a*s Holdman out of the game. He never makes plays. (He made one good play behind the LOS in the Monday night game)

After someone has made the tackle...he tries to jump in and assist...then he gets up all jolly walking away from the play.

I'm thinking is this guy a joke or something...and why in the he!! is he playing instead of R. Mcintosh?

Holdman needs to ride the pine so rocky can get the playing time (G. Williams).

I think the more he picks up the playbook and his responsibilities he will play more, however it does seem that the coaches have some man crush on Holdman, as bad as he should have been benched last year, well personally, if they wouldn't bench him for LaVar they surely won't bench him for a rookie. I also think that with Shawn Springs hurt they are very reluctant to put another rookie in the defense to start. I hope Rocky gets his chance soon though, perhaps that flag he got on ST also caused him to miss plays on defense, who knows..........

I don't see what you guys are seeing in Holdman, I think he's been where he's supposed to be and isn't overpursuing like he was last year. We're not seeing Rocky because Holdman is taking care of his responsibilities.

Agreed. I must admit that I was calling for his head on a steak last season :doh: but there is no complaints coming from me about his play this year. Let the rookie learn a little bit more.

On a side note, what in the heck is Carter doing???? We need a PASS RUSH from him. That is the biggest problem if you ask me. :mad:

During the game I was thinking to myself....why don't they take this sorry a*s Holdman out of the game. He never makes plays. (He made one good play behind the LOS in the Monday night game)

After someone has made the tackle...he tries to jump in and assist...then he gets up all jolly walking away from the play.

I'm thinking is this guy a joke or something...and why in the he!! is he playing instead of R. Mcintosh?

Holdman needs to ride the pine so rocky can get the playing time (G. Williams).

Compared to last year Holdman is playing great.

For all his press clippings at the U ... Rockey still has not emerged as an NFL player. The verdict still is out. Now take Golston in contrast ... he has "budding star" written all over his Jersey. BTW, Montgomery did not disappoint yesterday either. These were two great lower range draft selections.

For all his press clippings at the U ... Rockey still has not emerged as an NFL player. The verdict still is out. Now take Golston in contrast ... he has "budding star" written all over his Jersey. BTW, Montgomery did not disappoint yesterday either. These were two great lower range draft selections.

Keep in mind that Taylor's playing time was limited his first year, too, and he's a freak. GW just doesn't really play rookies unless he has to, like Golston.

You guys sure that you're watching the right channel? Our #57 has been all over the field making plays. I wanted him cut last year, but now I wouldn't give him up for Rocky. Rocky'll come along, but, Warrick's doing a wonderful job.

Kenny Wright, however, I hope misses the bus to FedEx.

Agreed. :mad: I hold my breath when I see the ball going to his side. Hopefully he will watch some film and come to grips next week. :doh:

I guess I'm just confused as to why the Skins traded up for McIntosh if they're not even going to play him. This year's secondary issues have for the first time made me take a hard look at the Skins personnel strategy (free agents over draft picks). Aside from Rogers and apparently now Golston, is anyone (including McIntosh) actually playing that we've drafted in the past two years?

Just because you trade up for a player doesn't mean they have to play immediately. He has to to have the ability to play without thinking. They say he hasn't gotten their yet. He would be a liability at this point.

Agreed. I must admit that I was calling for his head on a steak last season :doh: but there is no complaints coming from me about his play this year. Let the rookie learn a little bit more.

On a side note, what in the heck is Carter doing???? We need a PASS RUSH from him. That is the biggest problem if you ask me. :mad:

head on a steak? why not a pork chop or nice piece of salmon?

Something is absolutley missing on this defense and it might just be Rocky. This defense is looking a little off of where we've been and I think that we do need Rocky's speed in the game especially on 3rd down. I saw too many guys catch it short and run for the 1st down yesterday and Rocky would definitely help that....

Apparently, someone at Pro Football Weekly says otherwise about Holdman

Read the bottom part of this thread from Redskins Breaking News:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171502

After a very quiet 2005 season in which he eventually gave up his job to LaVar Arrington, Redskins WLB Warrick Holdman has been far more noticeable in terms of being around the ball this year.

Archived