Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 False Starts....12th Man You can do it Sunday!!!

Walking Deadman

I agree with getting it louder!!

Some ppl just need to get off their hands and clap them. Its not hard. You dont have to stand up...it would be nice but i mean do something!!!

I think the Stadium operations could help to:

In particular, play a better music selection!! I dont hate Rap or anything but get some songs that pump ppl up...like Welcome to the Jungle, Enter Sandman, Beautiful People, and something better than the ****ing Ohhohohhhhh Song...i hate that, no one likes it, GET RID OF IT!!!!

LETS GO 12TH MAN!!

GET FIRED UP!!

I know that my section is usually fired up after the

love that chicken from pop-eyes ad" ... they should do that a little more,:D

Hey,even if the noise level cant match the seahacks,just to be able to throw the jaguars off there timeing would be great.Im driving down from NY to see the game and plan on saving my voice till sunday.I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :point2sky GO SKINS!!!!!

5 false starts on Jacksonville.......that is our goal 12th Man!!!!!!!!

HTTR

(BTW Seattle's 12th Man helping them destroy NY 35-0)

I agree with getting it louder!!

Some ppl just need to get off their hands and clap them. Its not hard. You dont have to stand up...it would be nice but i mean do something!!!

I think the Stadium operations could help to:

In particular, play a better music selection!! I dont hate Rap or anything but get some songs that pump ppl up...like Welcome to the Jungle, Enter Sandman, Beautiful People, and something better than the ****ing Ohhohohhhhh Song...i hate that, no one likes it, GET RID OF IT!!!!

LETS GO 12TH MAN!!

GET FIRED UP!!

Yuck! Thank God you dont control which music gets played. Speak for yourself, all of the people I sit with like when they play that song. Did you just say "beautiful people" gets people fired up...:doh: I like the hip hop selection and even some of the heavy metal but "beautiful people"?....

They certainly didn't match that them in the home opener against the Vikings. Our stadium crowd has gotten soft since the days of RFK stadium.

Sad but true.

It is sad.....however, last year there were moments when we stood up.

So it can be done again.

There are over 50,000 ES posters, a bunch of them will be at the game.

We have to inspire the fans attending to step it up!!!!!!!!!

i scream like hell at the games, it just sucks because my section hates me, they all like to sit down all game and drink there wine. fed ex has plenty of true fans, but its also got a lot of wimps to. Anytime i stand up i get yelled at by someone to sit down, even on big plays!

That and refraining from running the wave drill when the offense is on the field would be nice.

Yeah, I agree.

In the past I liked it, b/c I thought it unified the crowd, thus more people would be into the 12th man that I expect (and grew up watching) from Redskins fans.

However, it is a distraction.

You have to key off the others to see when the wave comes your way, thus taking away from watching the game and also being loud when you don't want to be (offense).

And it always seems to be done when our O is out on the field :doh:

So I hope people will save the wave for the Nats and the O's

When I went tothe TB game (Gibbs 1st game back), Gruden said after the game that in all his years of coaching, he had never heard a stadium as loud as FEDEX was that day......you just have to get into a crazy drunken frenzy for game days........(the little cones that you can yell through help too)

Our crowd can match the intensity, but not the noise. The acoustics of the stadiums just aren't comparable, FedEx was just not designed properly to be that loud.

Have you seen Seattle's stadium...it's a lot more open than Fed Ex yet they still have a sick crowd.

My :2cents: FedEx will never be as loud as alot of those other stadiums because you have too many fans of other teams there....Whenever you go (or see) games of other home teams (Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Philly, etc) you can barely find one person with another teams jersey there....It used to be that way here at RFK. Not Anymore. :doh:

Have you seen Seattle's stadium...it's a lot more open than Fed Ex yet they still have a sick crowd.

Have you seen FedEx? Qwest Field is more open? There is no roof above the upper deck in FedEx to help the sound stay in the stadium. That is one of the advantages of Qwest Field. Not to take anything away from the Seahawks fans ... they are devoted and loud, but their stadium desgn does help.

I dont believe the crowd was too loud on offense during the Monday Nighter, but it was not loud enough on defense. I tried to stand up and cheer in section 417 during the Vikings game but some guy behind me poked me and told me to sit down. Everyone else was sitting too for the most part.

Thats why I like attending college football games better, everyone stands all the time in Lane Stadium in Blacksburg. Its just the way it is there. I wish it was like that at Fed Ex.

I will still yell my head off at the next game though, I will just be sitting down while doing it.

I will be leaving Alexandria at 11:15 Sunday morning, getting to Fed Ex at 11:45 and setting up the TV to watch the early games. Tailgating this weekend will be a blast. I just hope the game will be too.

Fed Ex will never be loud because the fans in the upper sections just sit on their hands the whole time. Some even look at your like you're crazy when you yell and it makes it uncomfortable. I went to several games last year and while I like the upper sections because you can see more, it just doesn't cut it for enthusiasm. So after the Seattle game, I made sure I got tix in the lower bowl. There are some exceptions, like in the corners - those guys get loud, but it doesn't even compare to the lower bowl area.

I was thinking about this before the game, and was wondering if the reason that Fed Ex doesnt seem to get as loud as other stadiums is because of stadium design.

I have always heard people say that RFK was louder than Fed Ex. Could it be because of that overhang on the top??

Because if you look at seattles stadium, it looks like they have the same type of overhang.

I hope that that isnt the reason though, and that our stadium is bumping this weekend!!!

RFK held 55,000 fans. FedEx holds 91,000. IMHO, 2/3 of those are either wine and cheesers, in line for bathroom or concessions, and/or late arrivals. It makes me sick to see so many empty seats when the team comes out and at the opening kickoff. For what these seats cost, it never ceases to amaze me how many empty seats there are during the game. You never saw this at RFK. Just watch some of the NFL films and whenever there is a deep pass you can see how packed the stands were.

Fed Ex will never be loud because the fans in the upper sections just sit on their hands the whole time. Some even look at your like you're crazy when you yell and it makes it uncomfortable. I went to several games last year and while I like the upper sections because you can see more, it just doesn't cut it for enthusiasm. So after the Seattle game, I made sure I got tix in the lower bowl. There are some exceptions, like in the corners - those guys get loud, but it doesn't even compare to the lower bowl area.

I def agree with the upper levels in some sections being weak. I scream and yell at the tv on almost every play so when im at the game you know im bringing the noise. But most times the people around me look at me like im crazy, making their kids ears bleed, and want me to sit down. It pisses me off to no end.

When we opened with the bears last year the crowd got so loud at the end we caused 2 false start penalties in a row and then a hold i believe and it knocked them out of field goal range towards the end of the game and we won what 9-7. Fed ex can def get loud.

Archived