Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am changing my 12-4 prediction to 11-5

CliffBattles

That's right the 'Skins will still finish 11-5.

@ Texans win:1-2...people start feeling better

Jaguars win: 2-2....people feel really good

@Giants loss:2-3....people worried again

Titans win:3-3....people still worried

@Colts loss: 3-4...people think we have no shot

Cowboys win: 4-4...people glad we beat Dallas

@Eagles loss: 4-5...season looks pretty bad

@Bucs

Panthers

Falcons

Eagles

@Saints

@Rams

Giants........all wins, 7 game winning streak ends season, people going crazy.

I realize now, more than ever, that this is Clinton Portis' team....he is physically and emotionally the leader of the offense, everyone plays better with him healthy.

Gibbs' teams are night and day, in their difference during the beginning and the end of the season. All his teams have been strong finishers, and most of his teams have been pretty bad in the beginning.

The way they approached the off-season this year, dictates this even more...in addition the way our schedule works itself out, our more "promising" games are closer to the end of the year.

This season will still be rocky for a few more weeks......but, we will tear it up....the big playbook, and the light offseason workouts, are geared towards crunch time, at the end of the year.............well............ hopefully.

I wouldn't assume we'll beat the Jags. Their D is outstanding - just look at the MNF game. Shutting out the Steelers? Come on. Also you're assuming we will beat Carolina (not as bad as they seem - Steve Smith will return), Atlanta (good team) and Philly (good team) all in a row? I seriously doubt that, even if we do get better as the season goes on. My prediction is 8-8 or 9-7.

I'm also sticking w/ 11-5. This team isn't as bad as it seems. They will gel, we will start running the ball more successfully and we'll be back in the thick of things where the defense can gain a little bit of confidence back and apply more QB pressure.

After looking at the other teams in the NFC East I think we will have a shot:

Dallas:

W @ Tenn

L @ Phili

W Hou

L NYG

L @ Car

L @ Was

W @ Ari (Matt Leinhart's 1st start)

L Indy

W TB

W @ NYG

W N.O.

L @ Atl

W Phi

W Det

9-7

NYG:

L @ Sea

W Was

L @ Atl

W @ Dal

W TB

W Hou

L Chi

L @ Jax

W @ Ten

L Dal

W @ Car

L @ Phi

W @ N.O.

L @ Was

8-8

Phili:

W @ SF

W GB

W Dal

W@ N.O.

W@ TB

L Jax

L Was

W Ten

L @ Indy

L Car

W @ Was

W @ NYG

L @ Dal

L @ Atl

9-7

Maybe the Giants will win one or two more games but couldn't figure out which ones. What do you think?

I agree with the predicition of 8-8 or 9-7... I just don't see it being much better.. I know with Portis coming back and Springs we will be able to get back to Redskins football.. I just don't know if we will have enough to win all of the tough games.. We might win a few here and there but it is tough to fathom that we are gonna go 11-3 over the next 14 games.. I hope we do .. but I just can't see it....

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

All you guys who predicted 11-5 or 12-4 in the offseason are the reason the board is in total meltdown. Your expectations were unrealistic. This team has some pretty good players, but they're not dominant in any aspect of the game. They will have to fight to get to 3-3 in the NFC East, and they face a very tough schedule outside. I predicted 10-6, but I thought they'd beat the Vikings, so they have some work to do.

But the way they're playing, I think you should worry less about them getting to the playoffs and worry more about them actually beating the Texans. The Texans aren't going to roll over and die for an 0-2 Skins team that is allergic to blitzing and has no secondary, and who's offense couldn't score 3 points on the Cowboys without multiple penalties to move them down the field.

I'm also sticking w/ 11-5. This team isn't as bad as it seems. They will gel, we will start running the ball more successfully and we'll be back in the thick of things where the defense can gain a little bit of confidence back and apply more QB pressure.

After looking at the other teams in the NFC East I think we will have a shot:

Dallas:

W @ Tenn

L @ Phili

W Hou

L NYG

L @ Car

L @ Was

W @ Ari (Matt Leinhart's 1st start)

L Indy

W TB

W @ NYG

W N.O.

L @ Atl

W Phi

W Det

9-7

NYG:

L @ Sea

W Was

L @ Atl

W @ Dal

W TB

W Hou

L Chi

L @ Jax

W @ Ten

L Dal

W @ Car

L @ Phi

W @ N.O.

L @ Was

8-8

Phili:

W @ SF

W GB

W Dal

W@ N.O.

W@ TB

L Jax

L Was

W Ten

L @ Indy

L Car

W @ Was

W @ NYG

L @ Dal

L @ Atl

9-7

Maybe the Giants will win one or two more games but couldn't figure out which ones. What do you think?

The eagle game you have on there is at giants stadium not in philly, I'd change that to a win and the cowboys at giants to a win and I'd be ok with that.

Archived