Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs & 0-2 starts as a coach

TC4

I'm so sick of these stats. They are absolutely worthless.

Did you know the last time that Gibbs combed his hair thirty-three times per side of his head, he took seventy-five hundreths of a second to do each stroke, and then won the game by seventy-five hundreths of twenty-five points?!

BRUSH THAT HAIR, JOE! BRUSH IT!

yep just like last season going 2-6 in the middle, and a blow out loss to the Giants...... should gave up right then and there, Gibbs couldn't right the ship if he tried

all is doom, abandon all hope :evil: that boob Gibbs is our coach , our players stink :rolleyes:

Not a 100% sure what you are saying. My two points were that the stats from Gibbs first go around don't matter now. Also, these stats really don't mean anything anyway. The skins are what they are. The defense will turn it around and the Oline is not as bad as they looked last night. Portis will be back and give a lift to the offense. The staff will keep fighting and keep producint good game plans.

However, none of that matters if the QB, whoever it is, cannot get the job done. All three years Gibbs won the SB a QB stepped up and produced. The only question I want to know is can the coaching staff insert a QB to get the job done or turn the current QB into someone that can produce. A QB producing will turn this ship around.

Just look around the league and you will find wins backed up by good QB play.

Here's another stat... counting the playoff game against Seattle and all the preseason of 2006 and the 2 games of the regular season of 2006... the Skins have lost 7 in a row.

Of course, 7 losses in a row means nothing, right?

I think it says everything.

I can't single any one player out to locate the Redskins problem. But one thing that is consistent in all of our losses this year is... we have a new offense coach. Al Saunders. I'm not placing blame on him for the losses. There is no "BLAME" to be handed out.

What we are seeing right now is a team that is learning a new system. Historically, Saunders as lost at least 2 of the games in his first start at any team he's been in. Sometimes more!! But it's not Saunders that is to blame. it's the learning curve. It's gonna take awhile for things to begin clicking in the Redskins offense. Once it does start clicking, things will begin to look up.

Hang in there, Redskins fans!!!

:2cents: lets just be honest here, there are more things wrong with our team than just Brunell.

I wish it were that simple because then we could just say, no problem, insert QB #2 and all runs smoothly.

We have multiple problems right now on both sides of the ball and special teams.

The offense is sputtering because we have all these high powered weapons and our QB can't get enough time from our lackluster offensive line to get the ball down the field so we end up throwing 4 yd. passes or a handoff, both of which are going nowhere. As we saw last week, there were times when as soon as the ball was snapped Brunell was getting mobbed, now I blame the line for that, were not asking you to hold them off forever but for crying out loud you have to put up some kind of resistance fellas! Now it's not all the fault of the line, Brunell has to shoulder his portion of this disaster. Some times I suspect that Brunell is playing more for Gibbs Blessing than he is playing to actually win, let me explain...Brunell knows that one reason Gibbs didn't care for Ramsey was because he held on to the ball too long, so what does Brunell make a conscious effort to do EVERY time...you guessed it, he gets rid of it either by throwing before the receiver is ready for the ball or he los it out of bounds instead of trying to keep the play alive....we as fans hate this of course but we know this is what Gibbs wants him to do. Next example, Gibbs despised Ramsey forcing those deep balls and getting pics, so what does Brunell do? He would rather zip it to the sidelines or throw a 3 yd. pass on 3rd and 12, so I suspect that Brunell feels that as long as he's doin what "coach" says, he might not win the game but coach is gonna say how pleased he is with his performance, so I ask the question Brunell, "Who are you playing for....the coach or the win".

Now I'll elaborate on the defense

Clearly we would all agree that our defense is not playing with the same vigor and enthusiasm as the last couple of seasons (nod your heads). I think the veterans on the team are still fired up but it seems that the "new peices" we added are undrperforming, for the kind of money these guys are getting paid, we have every right to demand performance from them. Now I hope that this downfall in our defense is only due to these guys learning the defense and by this coming Sunday, they will fit like gloves, (not the OJ type, but an actual pair that fits). I find it very hard to believe the our defense is giving it 100% when we can only get to a 38 yr. old Brad Johnson 1 time and a two left feet having Bledsoe only one time, God forbid we have to play Atlanta with a healthy M. Vick.

And then there's the play-calling which falls directly on our MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR coaching staff. We are playing ultra conservative on offense and very afraid on defense. I don't know about you, but when Brunell threw that INT. I was not upset at all, I was just happy as hell that he finally took the chance, so what they picked it off on the 1 yd. line, it's not like that play would have given us the win, you have to understand, this is football and you HAVE TO TAKE CHANCES where it will hurt you least and being down by 17pts. in the 4th qtr. is no time to be conservative( Brett Favre is the Anti-Brunell).On defense, we have to blitz, I know it's a gamble when you blitz but in years past, we have been coming up on the better end of that chance with the blitzes, this is what people expect us to do on defense but they have not been able to stop it so why should we?

And lastly, we had ridiculous penalties on both sides of the ball and Special teams. So in conclusion, I think we have our work cut out for us because our problems are spread out all over the team and the coaching staff. I will always be a Redskin fan but I know we can do better than this! :2cents:

You can find a stat for anything pro or con as far as the playoffs go. There's also the stat with him losing all the preseason games & going to the Super Bowl. Remember the Green Bay loss & how George Bush was suppossed to be out of office because of it? Stats are meaningless.

Well that makes one of us, because the game has changed since then. We have something like a 13.5% chance to make the playoffs starting 0-2. If we make it to a 9-7 or 10-6 record and dont get in the playoffs due to a tie-breaker, thats going to suck.

What about the Steelers chance of winning the Superbowl being the 6th seed!!! i hate stats you could do this all day!!

What's interesting to me about Gibbs is that I remember him being much more demanding out of his QB's. He benched Shroeder for Doug Williams and he put Rypien on notice the year he led the Skins to a 14-2 season. He discarded Ramsey very quickly. Why does he have such faith in Brunell. Maybe there is more to this then we all realize. Maybe the faith in Campbell isn't there. Why isn't he as excited to see Campbell play as we all are?

Any way, this post is about all the encouragement we can take out of this brutal start.

Archived