Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs & 0-2 starts as a coach

TC4

Just saw this on ESPNews, so no link for this one

But they said that when Joe Gibbs has started 0-2 in the past, he has never finished worse that .500

1981 0-2 start, final record: 8-8

1984 0-2 start, final record: 11-5

1989 0-2 start, final record: 10-6

Something to think about anyways

Holy schmolly! Good stat! I feel better already.

Well that makes one of us, because the game has changed since then. We have something like a 13.5% chance to make the playoffs starting 0-2. If we make it to a 9-7 or 10-6 record and dont get in the playoffs due to a tie-breaker, thats going to suck.

Just saw this on ESPNews, so no link for this one

But they said that when Joe Gibbs has started 0-2 in the past, he has never finished worse that .500

1981 0-2 start, final record: 8-8

1984 0-2 start, final record: 11-5

1989 0-2 start, final record: 10-6

Something to think about anyways

But joe didnt have a noodle arm for a Qb during those times..Hell he had a border line halll of famer during the 1984 season..

-Grant

Well that makes one of us, because the game has changed since then. We have something like a 13.5% chance to make the playoffs starting 0-2. If we make it to a 9-7 or 10-6 record and dont get in the playoffs due to a tie-breaker, thats going to suck.

which is very possible, considering the two teams we just played are both very good playoff contenders

1984 skins included:

John Riggins

Art Monk

Clint Didier

Don Warren

Mark Moseley

Russ Grimm

Joe Jacoby

Dave Butz

Charles Mann

Darell Green

Dexter Manley

:notworthy

One of our 0-2 defeats included a '49rs loss against Montana/Craig/Dwight Clark/Lott etc

compare and contrast with the class of 2006.....:doh:

A normal loss is not that bad, just when it is a Dallas loss then the S hits :D

bull, it doesn't matter, every loss the dysfunctional invade the board like locust, making knee jerk comments and blaming everyone at Redskin Park.

are there problems yes, but having a hissy fit, yelling at others isn't gone to solve anything.

which is very possible, considering the two teams we just played are both very good playoff contenders

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I hope we go 9-7 or 10-6 regardless of making the playoffs, it doesnt happen often to 10-6 teams, but at least we would be winning ball games and could start thinking of making a push for the superbowl the next season. Oh well, win or loose, I'll die pulling for the Redskins.

bull, it doesn't matter, every loss the dysfunctional invade the board like locust, making knee jerk comments and blaming everyone at Redskin Park.

are there problems yes, but having a hissy fit, yelling at others isn't gone to solve anything.

It's my potty and I'll hissy fit if I want to.... :silly:

1984 skins included:

John Riggins

Art Monk

Clint Didier

Don Warren

Mark Moseley

Russ Grimm

Joe Jacoby

Dave Butz

Charles Mann

Darell Green

Dexter Manley

:notworthy

One of our 0-2 defeats included a '49rs loss against Montana/Craig/Dwight Clark/Lott etc

compare and contrast with the class of 2006.....:doh:

yep our current team has no talent, we are horrible.... the world is ending

I really don't think the stats matter any more. What happened the first go around does not apply now. We have a completely new team and coaching staff. One of the constants in the SB years was the play of the QB. If we had a QB lighting it up now we would be 2-0.

yep just like last season going 2-6 in the middle, and a blow out loss to the Giants...... should gave up right then and there, Gibbs couldn't right the ship if he tried

all is doom, abandon all hope :evil: that boob Gibbs is our coach , our players stink :rolleyes:

Archived