Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official I've cooled down now, We'll be fine thread...(Merged, Calmly)

dg28daman

The thread title says it all. Look, we are in a new offense with new players, its gonna take some getting used to. On the brightside...

-The D played awful for our standards and still gave up only 19 points

-Betts and Randel-El give us exciting returners for the first time is B. Mitch

- Moss is still Moss (AMAZING)

-We played without our BEST FRIGGIN PLAYERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL (Portis barely played and Springs)

Seriously, we were playing a very good football team shorthanded. We'll be fine.

A Washington Redskins fan is a hopeless romantic. Believing in the face of overwhelming evidence, that every year, the Skins are going to win the Super Bowl. Redskins fans are as loyal as a your hunting dog. As faithful as your Grandmother on Sunday, and as smart as a two year old grabbing the cat by its tail.

We don't ask for much, just perfection. If you win, we'll want a larger margin of victory, and it will only lead the Redskins' fan to think we should beat the '85 Bears. If you lose, it's either the Officials, the playcalling or pure luck, but one thing it is most certainly is not, the team's fault. We know perfection, because we have it. We know our team can beat any team in the history of the NFL (even if Steve Spurrier is coaching). It is that kind of faith that religions the world over long for.

Sleepless nights plagued with replays of a field goal that sailed wide left.... followed by mornings of scouring the internet searching for someone who wrote an article that would give us hope. Then riding the words of that article for the entire week, quoting it, paraphrasing and exagerrating it, until you can see it play out.

And the words I know every Skins' fan has uttered at one point, "We can lose every other game this season, as long as we beat Dallas."

It's emotional, it's exciting, and sometimes it's painful, but one thing I know for sure,

It's not easy being a Redskins fan

please add to this thread completing the following.

Being a Skins fan means....

The thread title says it all. Look, we are in a new offense with new players, its gonna take some getting used to. On the brightside...

-The D played awful for our standards and still gave up only 19 points

-Betts and Randel-El give us exciting returners for the first time is B. Mitch

- Moss is still Moss (AMAZING)

-We played without our BEST FRIGGIN PLAYERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL (Portis barely played and Springs)

Seriously, we were playing a very good football team shorthanded. We'll be fine.

Yep. I'm very hopeful. I just don't want to be 0-3.

I dont care what the sky is falling faithful has to say...

I thought the offense looked alot more dangerous and productive...

Yes we didnt get to use all of our weapons but thats what happens when you have so many..

Brunnel completed passes to seven different recievers...One would be touchdown if not for a supurd hit on Moss...

The short reverses were also nice.

Didnt go deep as much as we should but thats comes with rythym and the have to be set up properly...

I dont feel its time to panic so...

Please no negative energy in here all pro offensive love....

I think it's now important to remember that it's only one game. It's nice to get off to a 1-0 start, but we've done that under Spurrier (both years) and in Gibbs' first year when we finished 6-10 so it doesn't guarantee you anything. We were due an opening day loss.

Having said that, I want to see the D tighten up and the O cash in when they get in the red zone. If we had done that, we win this one going away...hopefully it comes with time!

I think we're in good hands in the long run.

... Do you realize, that we haven't won a game all year including preseason? I know preseason doesn't really matter, but when you start the season, with a losing culture, it starts to play on your psyche. To me winning is important, no matter if it's the preseason, or regular season. And now we are starting to see it.

No need for panic though, as this is just the first game. The positive about this game is that we seem to move the ball very well. It's the redzone that we are substantially inefficient.

But one thing is for certain, we CANNOT, I mean CANNOT play like this against Dallas and expect to win. We can't play like this against anyone, and expect to win.

Here's to hoping we have laid our last egg of the season.

Hail

The Vikings' O-Line looked pretty damn good out there...we only pressured Johnson a few times the whole game.

Portis looks healthy...we're gonna be fine...12-4 or 13-3...good shot at SB XLI.

BTW, I don't think there were any sacks or turnovers on either side the whole game...is that right?

This offense is gonna be a load to handle in about 2-3 weeks. It looked very good today. We could have easily scored 30 points today. I amoptimistic of what I saw today. This looks like a Joe Gibbs offense to me. Formation wise, it takes me back to 1991. :point2sky

Ok, i vented my panic in the other threat and can come over here and agree with you. Give this system a little while, and it will be deadly.

Defense is banged up and will be a solid GW defense when it gets back on its feet.

Troubling, but certainly not the end of the world.

I agree. This is only 1 game and I thought we moved the ball fairly well for our first game. Remember last year when it took us almost 2 whole games to get the ball down the field. Our Redzone offense will need some work and will get better. I'm sure they are working on a running play for where you have both TJ and CP split in the backfield. One has the speed to run outside the tackles, and one has the power to run in between the tackles. We will be fine as long as we take care of the ball and play smart Joe Gibbs football.

Honestly, as much movement they did in the game tonight, I saw very minimal to almost no full start, illegal motion, etc. penalties.

I believe.....:dallasuck

It's still early. The Giants and Cowboys also lost. Philly will choke with their schedule getting tougher as the season continues.

Our offense looked good but didn't capitalize on a couple of redzone opportunities.

We can finally get the pre-season comments behind us and look forward to a good season.

Panic or not this team looked like S#$#!! I am not being negative but being honest!! What did you see tonight on O or D that makes you think we are going to be ok?? Springs is hurt, Rumph and Wright cant cover anyone and our D line specially our DT looked like they got ran over by a truck!!

New O scheme will take time for this team to get used to, maybe and maybe we should have started to show something during the preseason just to get used to playing it vs other teams!! And how about that D... our anchor!!

Its only the 1st game, I will wait and see what happens till mid season but if they dont get this ship turn around, expect a lot of rough waters ahead and alot of pissed off fans every Sunday!!

Granted there were some positives out there.

1.The offence looked good in patches and over the next couple of weeks we should get better as we learn more.

2. Randle-El looks like a massive upgrade at PR / WR.

3. Number 89 rocks.

4. We still have Springs coming back to make our D strnger.

5. CP played a lot without any signs of problems with the shoulder.

Still stings, but hey, 15 games to go baby!

Archived