Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official I've cooled down now, We'll be fine thread...(Merged, Calmly)

dg28daman

The thread title says it all. Look, we are in a new offense with new players, its gonna take some getting used to. On the brightside...

-The D played awful for our standards and still gave up only 19 points

-Betts and Randel-El give us exciting returners for the first time is B. Mitch

- Moss is still Moss (AMAZING)

-We played without our BEST FRIGGIN PLAYERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL (Portis barely played and Springs)

Seriously, we were playing a very good football team shorthanded. We'll be fine.

I highlighted the difference in this game.

Santana with only 2 catches?:mad:

Are you kidding me?:mad:

I don't care who's running the offense, they should be shot for that.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:helmet:

I highlighted the difference in this game.

Santana with only 2 catches?:mad:

Are you kidding me?:mad:

I don't care who's running the offense, they should be shot for that.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:helmet:

Let's be realistic, no one performed on offence today. Dissappointing to say the least.

A Washington Redskins fan is a hopeless romantic. Believing in the face of overwhelming evidence, that every year, the Skins are going to win the Super Bowl. Redskins fans are as loyal as a your hunting dog. As faithful as your Grandmother on Sunday, and as smart as a two year old grabbing the cat by its tail.

We don't ask for much, just perfection. If you win, we'll want a larger margin of victory, and it will only lead the Redskins' fan to think we should beat the '85 Bears. If you lose, it's either the Officials, the playcalling or pure luck, but one thing it is most certainly is not, the team's fault. We know perfection, because we have it. We know our team can beat any team in the history of the NFL (even if Steve Spurrier is coaching). It is that kind of faith that religions the world over long for.

Sleepless nights plagued with replays of a field goal that sailed wide left.... followed by mornings of scouring the internet searching for someone who wrote an article that would give us hope. Then riding the words of that article for the entire week, quoting it, paraphrasing and exagerrating it, until you can see it play out.

And the words I know every Skins' fan has uttered at one point, "We can lose every other game this season, as long as we beat Dallas."

It's emotional, it's exciting, and sometimes it's painful, but one thing I know for sure,

It's not easy being a Redskins fan

please add to this thread completing the following.

Being a Skins fan means....

What a great post! Being a Redskins fan means... IT'S DALLAS WEEK!!!!!

I have no doubts this team will get better with time, but be rest assured losing this game will hurt us in the long run. You can't afford to lose at home to the Vikings, in our division, with our schedule. Yeah, the Giants and Boys lost, but they lost to Indy and J-ville. While I think the Vikes are better than we gave credit for, they aren't as good as the teams our foes lost to...and we lost AT HOME.

there's no excuse in losing this game at home; yes we have new offensive coordinator, and couple of new receivers;

did you know that Vikings have a new coach, new OC, new DC, new RB

defense was terrible; gave up too many 3rd down conversions; couldn't stop the pass; Sean Taylor was looking to hurt people on every play instead of trying to make a play on the ball

The loss at home hurts. We have a difficult schedule. We have got to win this type of a game. We didn't look bad. We protected the ball. And minus the personal fouls we played real sound, penalty wise. A good recipe for a win. The Vikings protected the ball as well. And it came down to the end. Still we have to find a way to win at home.

Liked the look of the offense. All that shifting looked good, crisp, and disipline. I think we get some more of the easy yards this year. The kind you get when the defense gets a half step slow or out of place entirely, confused, with the shifts and motions. ARE flashed some talent and explosion. I think we have some compliments to Moss this season. With more carries, you got to like CP's chance to break a big one too.

I'm beginning to feel like mass fan. What have they done for me lately. I'll always root for them, but geez, looked like the same crap from last year. No deep balls, can't stop anyone on 3rd down. Hall shanks another one. When does the madness stop. My blood pressure is up enough as it is. We lost to a mediocre team. what does that make us?

No need to freak out fella's, it's only one loss and a loss to a well coached disciplined team. I know it's a new coach and a new offense (Vikings). But I had a feeling Brad Johnson would beat us without Shawn Springs. So I counted this as a loss for week 1.

Now, we lost the game due to being to paranoid on offense and no Shawn Springs on defense. Al Saunders is a heck of a OC, but our QB's are still learning this offense and the game plan was to manage the game opposed to making costly mistakes while still learning, for both teams. But Brad Johnson did a better job of managing then Mark Brunell, IMO. Frankly, we was beat on one play doing this managebility. The TD pass Brad made in the first half. And with Shawn Springs playing, I donot believe that would have happen. With the offense still learning, and being cautious on defense with no Springs. It made things tougher for Gregg Williams on his blitz schemes. Why? because Troy Williamson was constantly getting behind our CB's in the first half.

Also, the coaches IMO were still paranoid about Clinton Portis. Forget Ladell Betts. Run Clinton portis down there throats which they didn't do enough IMO.

If you really observed the game, both teams looked somewhat similar on trying not to make any game changing mistakes, but to only manage. Unfortunately, we came up on the short end of the new offense's ran for both teams.

Now, what we must hope for is Brunell and the offense get better with the schemes as the season progresses. Then, I hope Al saunders and the rest of the coaches trust things to start opening up a little more. Also, that portis is fully recovered for next week and Shawn Springs somehow recovers also.

But as the season moves on, guys like TJ can start getting more familiar, and Springs, Portis can be fully recovered. But both sides of the ball were holding back due to key players being dinged. But the offense is just still learning and the coaches are still paranoid from it.

But what we must not do is get to far behind in the standings when it comes to the NFC East. So hopefully, Portis will play more next week and Springs can play also. If not, we could end up 0-2. But even 0-2 is not that bad due to Dallas and New York lost last night. Aside from injuries, this team as an whole will get stronger as the season goes on especially on offense and when Springs get back.

But IMO, I believed that even during pre-season the Vikes would atleast make a wild card run. Because Brad can manage a game if the defense plays well which they did against us and a new offense also.

there's no excuse in losing this game at home; yes we have new offensive coordinator, and couple of new receivers;

did you know that Vikings have a new coach, new OC, new DC, new RB

defense was terrible; gave up too many 3rd down conversions; couldn't stop the pass; Sean Taylor was looking to hurt people on every play instead of trying to make a play on the ball

I agree on everything but the last statement. Our defense looks like crap - can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. But the PF on Sean Taylor was absolute bs.

the one thing I can say in our defense is Minny has a really good O-line, but we've got some work to do.

I really really hope Shawn Sp[rings is back next week, or we're in trouble

BS. This is the same old bull we've had to put up with year after year after year after year after year. Our special teams are dung. Our offense can't pull out a lead, can't break away. The defense gives just enough to lose.

Fire Danny Smith! He stinks. I'm so sick of our special teams. So we have a 2 milion dollar offensive coordinator and he does what? Stinks up the joint.

Welcome to the same old skins. New year. Same garbage.

Don't forget who coaches this team, and don't forget who plays for this team. If the team last year could turn 5-6 into a playoff berth with one arm essentially tied behind its back, it can turn around an 0-1 start, especially with all of the additional weapons available now.

A little rain doesn't mean the sky is falling. Keep the faith.

No, it's not okay. We are 0-1 and heading to Dallas where good receivers are waiting for our horrible defensive backs. We scored 16 points on a bad defense and you think it will get better in Dallas. This is more depressing than the Raiders loss from last year.

We got beat by a mediocre team that at best will finish 8-8. The skins made them look much better than they really are.

We are in big, big trouble.

Don't forget who coaches this team, and don't forget who plays for this team. If the team last year could turn 5-6 into a playoff berth with one arm essentially tied behind its back, it can turn around an 0-1 start, especially with all of the additional weapons available now.

A little rain doesn't mean the sky is falling. Keep the faith.

Doesn't matter who is coaching this team. We have a bunch of prima donnas that just want to get paid and not restore the pride of winning to the franchise. I'm tired of 8-8, 9-7 or 10-6. I want 12-4. 13-3. I want to be one of the feared teams out there.

I feel sorry for Dan Snyder. Year after year he lays out the bucks only to see his team lay down and die. Beginning to look like years of past and I don't think Gibbs or anyone else will make a difference. Has to be the players. They have to want it, and it's obvious they don't.

Offense too conservative. Nothing but those damn screen passes. Defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down. Special teams can't cover kickoffs. Kick return game stunk. When is this team ever gonna get good again. It's been 15 yrs. We are looking like the Cardinals east. Look at my sig. You see any other teams I root for winning anytime soon? I always hold out hope for this team and then they lay an egg. Way to go team. Woo Hoo.

Dude, even jack didn't get an immediate bean stalk, CHILL. Frankly, we have a new coach if you really look at it. And yes! when we bring in new coaches this is what happens. But even the commentators and joe recognized that Joe basically gave up his hall-of-fame play calling to relinquish to Saunders. Why! I'm still scratching my head on that one. But after last season and the offense stinking up the joint during the playoffs, Joe thought he had to make a move. So, what were seeing is the move. Just remember, last year, we, you and the rest of the world gave up on us before we went on the 5 game win streak to make the playoffs. We made it during the stretch and during crunch time, but didn't have enough gas on offense to beat seattle after escaping Tampa with 100 and something total on offense.

it's funny, because the first game last year against a stealth Bears defense, we barely won, think back. Then, after hardly no offense against the bears, we were getting spanked by Dallas before the miracle TD passes in the last minutes of the 4th to Moss. Man! how little do we remember about last year and what it took to get to the playoffs to only squander on offense against Seattle.

My point, if we get back to that point, meaning the playoffs. The offense will be much better off then than they were today my friend. Thy of little faith, put down the kool-aid for today and remix it come the middle of the season.

cause I really don't no no team that scored and bunch of points and looked incredible on offense that was running a new offense during week one. And we are running a new offense, period. But in my post above, I think we would have won this game if Springs would have played, period. And don't forget, the Vikes have a pretty stellar defense, and played well against our newer offense.

So, get over it. The NFC East has a 3 way tie baby.

I just think the vikings are a better team than we thought. I'm not jumping ship. Some times you need a slap in the face to wake up. Its not like we got blown out!!!!!!! We played hard and we didnt quit. We have alot to build on. Brad johnson did win a Superbowl.

No, it's not okay. We are 0-1 and heading to Dallas where good receivers are waiting for our horrible defensive backs. We scored 16 points on a bad defense and you think it will get better in Dallas. This is more depressing than the Raiders loss from last year.

We got beat by a mediocre team that at best will finish 8-8. The skins made them look much better than they really are.

Dude, it was just the first week, and we lost by a FIELD GOAL...RELAX!!!

Agree with everything but the last sentence. We've lost one game(a game that should have been won). But when Dallas starts 0-1, and Giants start 0-1 . . . you have to take advantage of that. I get the feeling that a game like this will determine home-field in the playoffs.

We will be ok remember this is a long season got to stay onboard and believe we as fans know there will be good times and bad times. i know people did thought will would win but remember on any given sunday or monday ours skins can win or loss and tonight we lose we learn from our mistakes and keep going by the end of the season we all will be saying HAIL TO THE SKINS with a playoff berth.

Archived