Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel our O-line did?(Merged)

flexxskins

As a unit they would get a B grade

Three of the five had respectable games. But Dockery and Rabach really need to get it together. Allowing deep penetraton on the 4 yard line, causing Brunell to fumble a potential TD to Portis on the toss play was pitiful.

Dockery also blew a key block on a screen that looked like it had big yards written all over it. Not a way to begin your contact year.

Let's not forget Rabach blew the snap count on a play. Unless everyone else was wrong, since he was the only one not moving.

First off, I respect all opinions on this forum, but how in the hell can someone say the O-LINE played a good game???I mean that in the nicest way possible...LOL...My god, they were horrible...Brunell never had much time to do anything, while Brad Johnson was relaxing all night...I love guys like Jon Jansen, but someone guys completely missed their assignments...The vikings have a great O-LINE, possibly the best in football:dallasuck

Red-zone pass protection has to be better, ten-fold. Inexcusable performances in the second half.

Run blocking seemed okay... looked pretty good on stretch plays, save Dockery, who was bad every way you look at it.

I know we were playing a formidable front-four, one of the best crews in the NFL, but we did ourselves no favors in the red zone.

Our oline played well tonight...No sacks, and over 100 hundred yards rushing...

What makes our oline look bad is that Brunell holds the ball too long and is jittery in the pocket...This is supposed to be a rythmn passing game...1,2,3,4, and on the 5th step of the dropback the ball should be gone...Brunell gets on that 5th step and is holding the ball, plus he doesnt step up in the pocket he is always fading or he'll give up on the play too soon instead of stepping up and keeping his eyes downfield and finding the open man ala, Peyton Manning or Marino or even Trent Green, and Kurt Warner...

I don't agree that the line blocked well, but there might be some validity to your assessment of Brunell holding onto the ball too long.

I'm going to take a closer look.

Yup, I saw that. I played it back to make sure who it was. Dockery. Looked pathetic.
That play made me sick to my stomach man. :puke:
I have no complaints about Dockery, his one of the best run blocking guards in the league, but he needs to fine tune his pass blocking, but tonight the middle was open b/c of Rabach.
:doh: I don't know which Dockery you are talking about, but I think that I can just about speak for any Redskins fan, or anyone who has seen Dockery play for that matter and tell you that you have that backwards. Although I don't think that Doc is a great pass blocker, he has definitely improved over the years. However, IMHO, he is just as bad at run blocking (especially when pulling) as when he first came here.
Red-zone pass protection has to be better, ten-fold. Inexcusable performances in the second half.

Run blocking seemed okay... looked pretty good on stretch plays, save Dockery, who was bad every way you look at it.

I know we were playing a formidable front-four, one of the best crews in the NFL, but we did ourselves no favors in the red zone.

So why do people defend him so quickly? I have never seen him make blocks like they showed Hutch making tonight...never.

I simply brought this thread back to see if anyone has changed their minds from last week, concerning the O-line.

I had noticed last week that Brunell was hurrying alot of his passes and I was wondering if it was because he didn't have faith in his linemen. This week it looked to be more of the same thing happening all over again and it kind of confirmed things for me. Did you guys see differently?

I'm going to reserve my comments for a later date until I can maybe see some validation of my thoughts from some of you members. But IMO, there were two players on the line that really held that group back (one in paticular.)

I'm not saying that the line had a horrible game. I just think that with one or two players playing better at their positions would allow that offense to be pretty special.

This Line has been inadequate since Spurrier was here. I would love to see monstrous holes opened up against the opponent like back in the day. Can't remember too many plays tonight where the line didn't crumble.

While everyone is busy bashing Brunell, and our defense...did anyone (other than me) notice that our offensive line blows?

The O line wasn't great, but in a lot of instances, Brunell ran into those sacks. The O line doesn't get the blame this game.

I don't think you can make an honest evaluation of the OL play because Brunell is doing nothing to help them out.

When the other team it at home and has you in a passing situation and KNOWS the QB isn't comfortable back there, well, it's like blood in the water. Even so, Brunell had time to do something and just couldn't/wouldn't.

While everyone is busy bashing Brunell, and our defense...did anyone (other than me) notice that our offensive line blows?

Dallas played very well in defense tonight, shutting us down early in the running game. What we are lacking is a QB that can utilize our all-star playmakers that are capable of getting open, catching the ball, running down the field, and making plays. I agree that our o-line was weak but there were numerous occasions where plays could have been made if Brunell didn't suck so much ass.

Terrible, just terrible
Our offensive line played terribly...Samuels couldn't stop Demarcus Ware while he was stoning him last year.
Our O-line played fine in the beginning. But after we got down by more then one score, the Cowboys teed off on us, then the line got overwelmed.

No running game and a QB that couldn't hit wide open WR made it easy for the Cowboys to just send everybody.

I agree with all of you. But for some reason there are people here that refuse to admit that the offensive line is not is doing that well.

I love this team just as much as any so called "homer" here, but I am still able to see and I am still able think somewhat logically:) and what I havebeen seeing for the past two weeks, is a offensive line that is struggling.

I love alot of the plays that I am seeing, but they just don't seem to be being executed properly.

"He" had plenty of time back there to throw the ball. You can't block any better than they did 90% of the time. When "he" doesn't slide away from pressure, but rather slides into it what do you expect? "He" often had 3 seconds to throw the ball with one on one coverage on the outside and didn't get rid of it. The O-line played solid as a group. I'm not interested in individual performances. You shouldn't be either.

HTTR!

Archived