Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel our O-line did?(Merged)

flexxskins

I'm going to reserve my comments for a later date until I can maybe see some validation of my thoughts from some of you members. But IMO, there were two players on the line that really held that group back (one in paticular.)

I'm not saying that the line had a horrible game. I just think that with one or two players playing better at their positions would allow that offense to be pretty special.

No Sacks, over a hundred yards rushing, the line played fine

we drove the ball just didn't finish with TD's

The Dl was what killed us tonight

yea our O line was fine.. they didnt have a lot of drives and they blocked well... But brunell ran out of the pocket into blitzes and decided that the fans should walk away with some souveniers tonight

I'm going to reserve my comments for a later date until I can maybe see some validation of my thoughts from some of you members. But IMO, there were two players on the line that really held that group back (one in paticular.)

I'm not saying that the line had a horrible game. I just think that with one or two players playing better at their positions would allow that offense to be pretty special.

I think they did OK ... but lemme take a guess at your mystery player .. ummm ..Dockery? He looked kinda slow and lost to me - Still I rate the OL as a 7/10.

Brunell was too crafty to allow himself to be sacked. He threw the ball away, ran, but all in all, he just did not have enough time to do what he wanted to do.

I thought the line play was piss-poor in the second half. Brunell is a guy who needs time, or he'll panic and throw the ball away or force a pass. He's not one to step up and make a throw against a strong rush. The o-line needs to give him a clean pocket in order for him to be effective. Maybe it's too much to ask for them, but with Brunell at QB, it's what needs to happen.

I think they did OK ... but lemme take a guess at your mystery player .. ummm ..Dockery? He looked kinda slow and lost to me - Still I rate the OL as a 7/10.
Bingo. That flare pass to the left to Betts, where Doc just totally missed the block and fell at the defenders feet just made me drop my head in disbelief.

Rabach looked pretty bad also. The Viks were coming up the middle all night.

Agree

O is fine and will get better

We need short Yardage/Goaline work (wheres Duckett?)

Defense missing Springs and the Vikes O-line is Good (Maybe the best we will see)

Special Teams continue to be a disapointment, It is 1/3 of the game.

With Ball Control (short yardage run) and Field Position (kicking game) we win this game.

Our O-Line was not fine. They missed some blitzes and a few other assignments. With a different Qb, this might not be suc an issue, but Brunell has to be able to step into his passes and not throw off his back foot all night. He still doesn't seem to be able to feel the pressure that well until the last second where he floats a ball out of bounds.

If he gets 1-2 more seconds, we might be seeing more completions.

It did not seem to me that the line was making it through their first blocks and on into the linebackers. There were several plays where if a lineman had gotten off his block quicker, there may have been a seam for Betts to get a few more yards.

Yes, the D-line played poorly. How much of that was Hutch, I don't know because Griffin seemed to be close to making tackles, but a split second too late. He is normally dominant which makes me think that he is still hurt.

We all know what happens to our defense when Griffin is hurt.:sad:

Our oline played well tonight...No sacks, and over 100 hundred yards rushing...

What makes our oline look bad is that Brunell holds the ball too long and is jittery in the pocket...This is supposed to be a rythmn passing game...1,2,3,4, and on the 5th step of the dropback the ball should be gone...Brunell gets on that 5th step and is holding the ball, plus he doesnt step up in the pocket he is always fading or he'll give up on the play too soon instead of stepping up and keeping his eyes downfield and finding the open man ala, Peyton Manning or Marino or even Trent Green, and Kurt Warner...

Bingo. That flare pass to the left to Betts, where Doc just totally missed the block and fell at the defenders feet just made me drop my head in disbelief.

Rabach looked pretty bad also. The Viks were coming up the middle all night.

Yup, I saw that. I played it back to make sure who it was. Dockery. Looked pathetic.

Archived