Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel our O-line did?(Merged)

flexxskins

I don't think you can make an honest evaluation of the OL play because Brunell is doing nothing to help them out.

When the other team it at home and has you in a passing situation and KNOWS the QB isn't comfortable back there, well, it's like blood in the water. Even so, Brunell had time to do something and just couldn't/wouldn't.

You said it yourself, "isn't comfortable back there." So, why do you think he is not so comfortable back there? It's not lack of experience.

I thought our O-line sucked during the Vikes game and did a commendable job against the Pukes. The play calling was really really off this game. Our O-line just got worn down with the amount of consecutive passes called. In the first three quarters, however, they gave Brunell plenty of time to pass. He sucked though... and this comes from a guy that has defended him to death for the past 2 seasons. I remember a pass to Lloyd that could have been a monstrous pickup had Brunell just been accurate on the pass. He was on a crossing route with two defenders trailing him. Brunell looked like he was throwing it away as opposed to making an active effort to get him the ball.

*note- If I had to pick out a weak link along the offensive line, it was definately Rabach tonight. He whiffed on every running down.

"He" had plenty of time back there to throw the ball. You can't block any better than they did 90% of the time. When "he" doesn't slide away from pressure, but rather slides into it what do you expect? "He" often had 3 seconds to throw the ball with one on one coverage on the outside and didn't get rid of it. The O-line played solid as a group. I'm not interested in individual performances. You shouldn't be either.

HTTR!

I will continue to be concerned with individual performances as long as those individuals continue to allow other individuals to harrass our QB. I will continue to do so, the same way that I praise individuals that KEEP other individuals from harrassing our QB.

Ok, the first game against Minnesota, we pass protected poorly but at least we allowed 0 sacks and the sack record from 1991 was still within reach.

Then today, against Dallas, a team that we held to zero sacks in the last game...we allow 6 sacks? Demarcus Ware all of a sudden is blowing past Samuels? Jansen looks like a ***** being pushed aside by Ellis, and can't even stop Ellis by holding him?

Whos at fault here? Bugel? Hastings for a ****ty offseason conditioning program? Our guys look slow, weak, and out of shape compared to the Cowboys defensive linemen. If we held them to zero sacks last year, we should have at least been close to that this year.

Any ideas on what has happened to our offensive line? I thought Bugel was suppossed to be the best in the business, but now I'd have to see he's probably in the lower tier of NFL offensive line coaches.

Jansen looks like a ***** being pushed aside by Ellis, and can't even stop Ellis by holding him?

That was one of the lowest points of the night. Jansen holds Ellis and he still gets to Brunell. Then the refs pick up the flag out of pity. At least I assume that's what it was because I've never seen it called that way before. A holds a hold, whether or not the defender runs through it.

I'm thinking dallas dropped everyone back in the secondary and told their D-line to pin their ears back and go for brunell

True, but they did that in the game at Fed Ex last year (Moss was a non-factor and they took away the deep ball)...Brunell picked them apart with Cooley on short passes.

Ellis and Ware got no pressure in that game, but today we made just about the entire Cowboy DL look like All Pro.

If I'm Jansen, I'm flat out embarrassed about that call reversal by the ref.

It does not help when Brunell keeps dropping back 10 or more yards to pass. Dallas has some fast individuals rushing the QB so they just needed to outrun the O line. Dropping back that much to pass is ridiculous, it really puts a strain on the O line to pass protect.

Rdsknfan you beat me too it. Brunell caused alot the pressure he received by dropping too deep and not stepping into the pocket. Our O-line can play better but when the QB continuously drops too deep on a D-Line with good speed rushers its not much the O-line can do. Also, the fact that Brunell just holds onto the ball too long and that compounds things. I am tired of our longest passes being tosses out of bounds.

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but I really believe you guys had your O-line overrated to begin with. Without Portis in there, they really looked pretty average. That just goes to show you how good Portis is. A great back can make an average line look good.

Also making the line look good was Brunells ability to usually avoid the first pass rusher last year. This year it looks as if fathertime has caught up with him.

Remember 2 years ago, Ramsey got killed behind that line, and it wasn't until Brunell came in and was able to avoid a rush did the sack numbers come down a bit.

Last year, Gibbs had the maximum protection scheme for Brunell. This year, it looks like Steve Superior's offense in that you have 3 wideouts and 1-2 backs out of the backfield with the O-line being the only people staying in to block. The O-line stunk it up last night but the protection scheme has definitely changed with the 700 page playbook. Brunell is too old and slow to run away from anything. Change the scheme or change the quarterback.

Ok, the first game against Minnesota, we pass protected poorly but at least we allowed 0 sacks and the sack record from 1991 was still within reach.

Then today, against Dallas, a team that we held to zero sacks in the last game...we allow 6 sacks? Demarcus Ware all of a sudden is blowing past Samuels? Jansen looks like a ***** being pushed aside by Ellis, and can't even stop Ellis by holding him?

... I thought Bugel was suppossed to be the best in the business, but now I'd have to see he's probably in the lower tier of NFL offensive line coaches.

No worry mate. Bugel is All-World. It is only the 3rd season that Bugel is in charge. Bugel can spot talents like a rat spot a cheese.

Just give Bugel time, uhmm maybe 3 more season, then Buge will get it right. You should drink some Bugel kool-aid. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That was one of the lowest points of the night. Jansen holds Ellis and he still gets to Brunell. Then the refs pick up the flag out of pity. At least I assume that's what it was because I've never seen it called that way before. A holds a hold, whether or not the defender runs through it.

Don't blame Jansen.

:yikes:

He is very honest to goodness farmer who does not need HGH.

Jansen rather let the Skins lose the game, than use HGH.

:rolleyes:

We have the most over rated OL, the only one worth anything is Thomas.

That's right, so far Randy Thomas is the ONLY true bright spot in the entire OL.

The O-Line has been mediorcre (spelling?) for quite some time. Even last year they were suspect but people don't pay attention to problems like that when they are willing and making a playoff. I am a big redskins fan and I really hope they turn it around, but I think last year may have been a fluke.

The O-line was fine- Brunell was holding the ball WAY too long. I'm not blaming him- it could have been bad routes by the WR

Yup, without seeing the whole field, you shift the blame to the WRs. Very Super Smart.

:thumbsup:

Don't forget Cooley is not a WR. He is the TE, thus we can not blame Cooley.

Cooley can keep on banging the idiot cheerleaders.

He is All-Pro in banging the cheerleaders.

Everything is awesome with Chris.

:rolleyes:

Maybe Chris should ask Jansen to bang the cheerleaders too and divorce his wife. This way Jansen will not need to use the HGH.

:thumbsup:

It does not help when Brunell keeps dropping back 10 or more yards to pass. Dallas has some fast individuals rushing the QB so they just needed to outrun the O line. Dropping back that much to pass is ridiculous, it really puts a strain on the O line to pass protect.

That is so true....

Last night was absurd.... it was a 3rd and 5 and Brunell dropped back 12 yards and threw a 14 yard stike for a......... 4th down. He was still 2-3 yards short. His drop is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long..... oh, and he moves like he has an artificial hip....

What offensive line?

The Skins need help in every facet ... O-Line, D-Line, and special teams.

Jon Jansen is no Jim Lachey ... and Derirck Dockery is an embarrasment. Randy Thomas is useless ... oops he is good for one thing... sweating his ass off!

Archived