Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mexican flag raised over US post office...

Spaceman Spiff

So what part of Italy are you from? My grandfather is from Palermo, and my grandmother is from a small village just south of the Alps. She doesn't remember which one though. ;)

I don't come from any part of Italy, born in DC/bred in Bethesda MD. :)

My Father is too from a small village in the northern mountains and my mom is from Naples. How knowing where they came from impacts my daily life, I don't know. As far as I can tell, besides my name.......and my fondness for pasta and pizza :silly: ......my parents coming from Italy has had no impact on me as an American and citizen of this country. I'm just very thankful they met here and not back there.

I can understand pride in your native culture if you are actually from that culture. For the life of me I don't understand the people who are born here and lived here their whole life and they've got flags of other countries on their car or flying outside their house.

To try and get back to the topic in this thread and whether or not this is an "act of war". It's not an act of war by Mexico. But it is in a sense an act of war on the concept of the "Great American Melting Pot". It is also a symbol that these people are not willing to swear allegiance to this country. They want all the benefits without actually loving this country.

What are they trying to say by flying the flag over the post office?

They want to live in their own little world within our borders?

Do they not realize just how bad it looks for them when they have marches demanding citizenship all the while waving the Mexican flag?

what is your stance?

My stance it that is was both wrong and stupid to raise a Mexican Flag in this manner (if, in fact, it actually happened). Wrong because only our country's flag belongs there, and stupid because it was bound to get a backlash reaction without doing anything to advance their apparent cause.

My stance is also that it is hilarious that everyone got so freaked out by this. So some idiot did something stupid. Big deal. Like a flag burning, it accomplishes nothing, signifies nothing, proves nothing and threatens nothing.

I'm constantly amazed at how those who profess to be the greatest patriots always get so threatened by such a small and meaningless gesture. Apparently, their faith in the structural and social integrity of our nation isn't very strong. Some patriots.

The America I know is founded upon the great ideals contained in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. My America is the greatest experiment in enlightened governance in the history of the Earth, and is secure in its greatness. My America isn't threatened in the least by a dork protester running a stupid flag up a post office pole in Rancho freakin' Cucamunga.

My stance it that is was both wrong and stupid to raise a Mexican Flag in this manner (if, in fact, it actually happened). Wrong because only our country's flag belongs there, and stupid because it was bound to get a backlash reaction without doing anything to advance their apparent cause.

My stance is also that it is hilarious that everyone got so freaked out by this. So some idiot did something stupid. Big deal. Like a flag burning, it accomplishes nothing, signifies nothing, proves nothing and threatens nothing.

I'm constantly amazed at how those who profess to be the greatest patriots always get so threatened by such a small and meaningless gesture. Apparently, their faith in the structural and social integrity of our nation isn't very strong. Some patriots.

The America I know is founded upon the great ideals contained in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. My America is the greatest experiment in enlightened governance in the history of the Earth, and is secure in its greatness. My America isn't threatened in the least by a dork protester running a stupid flag up a post office pole in Rancho freakin' Cucamunga.

Jesus Predicto, you just don't get it, do you? They raised a FLAG, a FLAG - over one of our sacred post offices. If you don't realize that a flag raised over a post office is the ultimate show of defiance, aggression and war you really need to learn more about history. I mean, christ, they raised a FLAG over a POST OFFICE!!!! :mad:

It's technically an act of war, but I doubt the fools who did this understood the rammifications. This is however, very disgusting.

I'm curious why you would say that and I hope you have a better reason that to say raising the flag in this manner is an act of conquest.

To me, Pearl Harbor was an act of war. 9/11 was an act of war. The sinking of the Lusitania was an act of war. This, as predicto accurately said, is nothing more than a group of dumbarses doing something stupid. Happens every damn day.

This, as predicto accurately said, is nothing more than a group of dumbarses doing something stupid. Happens every damn day.
And therein lies the problem. And its not about not having faith in our nation, rather its about having pride in it; its about taking a stand for what we believe. Old Glory is the symbol of the USA, and shall not be replaced. Remember after V-J day or 9/11, all of the flags being waved? Imagine this event happening then. What would America say? Would we stand up and "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"? You know we would.:mad::mad::mad:

And therein lies the problem. And its not about not having faith in our nation, rather its about having pride in it; its about taking a stand for what we believe. Old Glory is the symbol of the USA, and shall not be replaced. Remember after V-J day or 9/11, all of the flags being waved? Imagine this event happening then. What would America say? Would we stand up and "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"? You know we would.:mad::mad::mad:

Stand up and do what? Start a riot? Give the guy the drama he is so desperate for?

Heck, I will stand up. I'll stand up, laugh at the guy, ignore his feeble little protest and sing the National Anthem. Or bring out my own flag.

I love the Flag, but an individual flag is a piece of cloth, probably made in China. I have pride in our nation and what it stands for. That's what really matters. I don't "take a stand for what I believe" by getting hysterical over how some schmuck ran a Mexican flag up a pole, then got it taken down and confiscated a couple of hours later.

Pro- illegal immigrants or not you can see this is the wrong thing to do. If the illegals in California want to be considered legal in the U.S. raising the Mexican flag is one of the more counter-productive non violent things they could possibly do. Why not run an American flag, show that you support this country and greatly desire to remain as a part of it, rather than simply coming here to feed off the economic system and show that you only support Mexico.

This is a direct insult to Americans everywhere. If I were an illegal immigrant right now I would be pissed at the idiots who did this. It can only serve to raise anti-illegal immigrant sentiment. What an idiotic move. Pure stupidity.

Pro- illegal immigrants or not you can see this is the wrong thing to do. If the illegals in California want to be considered legal in the U.S. raising the Mexican flag is one of the more counter-productive non violent things they could possibly do. Why not run an American flag, show that you support this country and greatly desire to remain as a part of it, rather than simply coming here to feed off the economic system and show that you only support Mexico.

This is a direct insult to Americans everywhere. If I were an illegal immigrant right now I would be pissed at the idiots who did this. It can only serve to raise anti-illegal immigrant sentiment. What an idiotic move. Pure stupidity.

Did the folks who raised the Mexican flag mean it as an insult to "Americans everywhere?" If they did, I will take it as such but I think you are misinterpreting their message.

Did the folks who raised the Mexican flag mean it as an insult to "Americans everywhere?" If they did, I will take it as such but I think you are misinterpreting their message.

Misinterpereting? If I snuck into China somehow, walked up to a federally owned building, raised the American flag, then cheered about it, im pretty sure I would be executed or something. At the least people would be pissed and I would be delt with. Its like slapping that country in the face.

Misinterpereting? If I snuck into China somehow, walked up to a federally owned building, raised the American flag, then cheered about it, im pretty sure I would be executed or something. At the least people would be pissed and I would be delt with. Its like slapping that country in the face.

...according to you. And what is your point? You want us to be more like China?!? :D

Another reason I like this country better than China.

lol I'm more attached to the flag then some but buddy - bad example. :laugh: Any point that seems to want us to be more like china... yeah, not good. I do understand your point though, perhaps people in the states could show a bit more national pride at times.

? I'm sure you are against the poor being granted the basic human right of health care and yes I'm sure you don't consider it a right. But just answer the question - how is something the government willingly provides a crime? ENDQUOTE. Here's how: Going into a hospital and demanding Health care as an ILLEGAL (free childbirth, etc.) with no intention to pay and giving false information is a crime. If you don't believe this happens you must be blind. It has ruined the California healthcare system and is a growing problem across the nation. Hospitals are not federal institutions that the government runs. They are private entities that are subsidized by the government. Here in Delaware hospitals are very strained waiting for the government to reimburse them for all the deadbeat ILLEGALS who don't pay. Please do not be so ignorant as to assume this is not happening. They take advantage of a loophole that our govt. has not closed yet. You are wrong.

Second point, tax payers do indeed have the same access to so called free health care. It comes from the idea that sick people can not be turned away from emergency rooms even if they can't afford treatement. Everyone has the same access to this. You are wrong.ENDQUOTE --Taxpayers are hounded about their bills. Try to find an illegal who has vanished with a false name and address. You are wrong.

Thrid you blame a "hispanic population" for these crimes. I'm hispanic and I'll have you know I've never done anything but work and pay my taxes. I certainly don't appreciate you claiming that the entire hispanic population is all for law breaking. ENDQUOTE--I should have clarified that I was referring to illegals, but I thought you were intelligent enough to discern this. I applaud you and your family members who are legal and my post was NOT MEANT to describe legal immigrants. Read it again- I said ILLEGAL immigration is a crime and reckless disregard for our laws. Before you post again please take the time to comprehend my points before you misinterpret them again.

Forth - "blame it on corrupt government if you will" as opposed to blaming what? I sense a little racial bias there. Are you trying to imply the problems in these countries are caused by hispanics generally being lawless? It seems to fit the tone of your post. Feel free to back off and accuse me of playing the race card now.

Again, please pay attention. I said people who come here ILLEGALY have no regard for our laws, foundations, and the welfare of our country. I was actually responding to a previous post that blamed lawlessness of Central/South American governments as their demise. Maybe I was wrong to draw a correlation between that disregard for the law and the disregard that ILLEGAL immigrants show. I wish to honor all immigrants who have come here legally. They are not the ones who I referred to in my post.

Archived