Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts Pick Snapping Up To Bite Us Big-Time

bulldog

you take a guy #2 in the draft as a running back and have your #1 guy go down, where is the youngster with all that talent?

oh, he is inactive for the third time in four weeks :mad:

didn't somebody once say running back was one spot where the talent should show through early on in a player's career?

an ominous sign, even if Ramsey and the offense overcomes the Davis injury.

Maybe he'll be put on the active roster this week, because of Davis' injury. I would definitely consider going into the week with 3 tailbacks (Davis, if healthy; Watson and Betts). I'm just glad that Watson stepped it up this game, when Davis went down. I thought we were sunk for sure when he did go down. But I'm glad that Watson stepped it up, and I would really consider going into this upcoming game with 3 RBs. Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Not yet.... still early yet. Not sure Why he's inactive but S.S. doesn't call me about these things. Rats! :silly: Hey, that's life in the crapshoot that's the NFL draft... Take a look at S.D.... that is known as a pleasant suprise. I'll wait till end of season on this one. :cheers:

Hey .... at least the Rock is activated, right?

Betts WAS a bad pick. Now let's hope we can make something out of that bad pick (since we can't take it back).

Aw hell ... I'm so pleased with Ramsey's play it's hard to get good and upset about Betts. :)

I'm sure Steve is gonna dress Betts next game in case SD goes down. The reason Watson is active is cuz he's our KR. I watched Betts in preseason and he's a very good powerback in fact he had the highest ypc he can also catch the ball as he showed against SF. Besides Davis didn't exactly set the world on fire in his rookie year.

Well, seems to me we're only having this discussion again because Ladell Betts is to bulldog as Kim Helton is/was to ASF. Geez. Don't know that I've ever seen one 2nd round rookie be the target of such relentless animus ... especially one drafted to play behind a perennial Pro Bowl talent. Guess they don't call him bulldog for nothin'.

Yes, it is true that Ladell has not helped us to date. Yes, it is true that a DT to plug in occasionally to the rotation might have. No, I don't believe a 2nd round OG would have been any better for us AT THIS POINT than Loverne or now Brown have proven to be. Yes, the kid may turn out to be a wasted pick. Or, he may turn out to be ... the next Stephen Davis.

We'll know in 2 or 3 years.

The Betts pick is "a bust" ONLY insofar as it relates to this year. And at that, only through 4 games.

I understand he's an easy target right now, and a poster child for someone who wants to criticize the machinations of the front office. But it's not right, or fair to the kid, to repeatedly point to him -- one quarter of the way through his first season as a back up to the team's best offensive player -- and spit in his general direction.

It smacks of scapegoating.

I believe this type of talk is why the 'Gatorskins' are not around as much. Even after a win, we find something to b***h about. In college ball, you support the team regardless. Yeah, yeah. I know the comments coming about blowing smoke, but Who cares about Betts not being active. Didn't we draft him to be the 'long-term solution' in case we lose Davis? I understand that we didn't play a perfect game, but how about predicting future wins with a decent quarterback? How about prepping for the 'Aints next week? I watch football for fun, not to have a coronary about a player we might never need anyway. I guess some people just have negative attitudes.

Just enjoy the win. Geez...The chicken little act is SOOOO tired.

I don't feel I can comment on Betts yet, having not seen him run for an entire game, much less a half.

I think the reason he hasn't been activated is that he does not do special teams, and Spurrier likes to have wide receivers activated.

As mentioned above, Betts should get a little playing time now that Big Country is injured. From what I saw of Betts in camp, he is a good inside runner but doesn't quite have the burst through the hole that Davis has. But training camp can be misleading.

Once we can see him in a few games we'll know.

Archived