Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Would Be Worse: Starting Todd Collins or Kenny Wright

UltimateSkins

Kenny Wright started 16 games for the #6 overall defense in the NFL last year (7th passing defense); I think we'd be just fine with him starting at CB. :rolleyes:

As bubba said -- its ONE preseason game. Get over it....

EDIT: Man, Skins fans are relentless when a player has a bad performance. You guys are ridiculous....seriously, get a friggin' GRIP!!!

Kenny Wright started 16 games for the #6 overall defense in the NFL last year (7th passing defense); I think we'd be just fine with him starting at CB. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Man, Skins fans are relentless when a player has a bad performance. You guys are ridiculous....seriously, get a friggin' GRIP!!!

As someone who saw him play on that vaunted # 7th passing defense all last year I still say he sucks. It's just not one game. You'll see, that is, if he makes the team.

I wouldn't want either of them to start for my team. Wright looked like Jimoh back when spurrier was here, and collins was awful even when he did have blocking. Now we know why he isn't a starter. Yes he knows the system but that means nothing if you can't execute. I hope it was first game jitters or kinks or whatever. They really need to work it out though.

dont blame wright it was chris henry

wright would do good again wrs like patick clayton

That was a well perfectly placed pass. On two other plays Madden inappropriatley singled out Wright as being victimized when it was not his responsibility. Wright played okay and will be fine.

Collins on the other hand plain and simple sucked. It doesn't matter if he knows the system but panics under pressure. And our backup Oline didn't help him much either.

Todd Collins stinks outloud! No excuses for his performance either.

He knows the system, but the game looks different when you watch it with your helmet on COLLINS! Campbell is the better #2.

Collins pulled a Dan Quale...(grin) We never hope we have to go with him as a replacement!

:sucks: Wright was the starting #2 CB on the 7th ranked pass defense in the league last year. He gave up one bad pass, got screwed on a int call and blamed for Reed Doughty's coverage mistake.

Todd Collins is horrible and and hasn't taken an NFL snap in 9 years.

NO COMPARISON! Kenny Wright is 100 times better than Walt The Harris

The title of this thread is like asking whom would I rather have for President: George W. Bush or John Kerry. Either way, we're up the creek!

Let's hope that the rough start both of these boys had can be corrected with some practice and adjustments.

Oh, so now it`s officially OK rip Todd Collins?

The fact that some of you defend that dude kills me. What has he EVER done in the NFL???

He is stunting Jason Campbells growth!!!

He looked like a undrafted free agent rookie out there. That guy is a freaking 10 year vet!

Pathetic...

"Kenny Wright started 16 games for the #6 overall defense in the NFL last year (7th passing defense); I think we'd be just fine with him starting at CB.

EDIT: Man, Skins fans are relentless when a player has a bad performance. You guys are ridiculous....seriously, get a friggin' GRIP!!!"

I can agree with you on Wright. And the argument you make is precisely the one that can be advanced against Collins - he doesn't have the expe3rience...he doesn't have the track record...what data there is is very sorry indeed! While we all know and love the apologists among us....you all need to learn where the line should be drawn from time to time. Collins as an option at QB is a non-starter (pun intended). you have to have drunk too much kool aid at this point not to realize that after 11 friggin seasons a player would have broken out.

thumbs up on Wright.

thumbs down on Collins. Quit treating the "customer" base here at ES like you all are press reps for the White House.

I hope we never have to start Collins, he looked lost and confused out there. I can't believe he threw the ball to a defensive lineman twice! :doh:

It looks like Campbell should be able to easily win the backup spot behind Brunell. Stay healthy, Brunell.

Wright will be fine, he wasn't getting much help. He's better than Walt Harris.

"Oh, so now it`s officially OK rip Todd Collins?

The fact that some of you defend that dude kills me. What has he EVER done in the NFL???

He is stunting Jason Campbells growth!!!

He looked like a deer in the headlights out there. That guy is a freaking 10 year vet!

Pathetic..."

uhhh......yup!!!!!

Archived