Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Skins @ Bengals - The season starts here!

TK

I watched the game... then read some of this thread. Some of you need to grab a beer and calm down. It's game 1 of the preseason - keep saying that until it sinks in.

My thoughts highlights:

- Brunell looked like his timing with the wide outs and grasp of the offense (as basic as it was) was pretty good. I expect this to improve.

- Portis was running well until his injury.

- Starting oline was getting some push on the LoS

- Starting defense looked mean as hell

- Lloyd made a great catch

- JC had a bad pick at the end but looked like he's got potential.

- Rocky does indeed seem strong off the block as was reported.

lowlights:

- Collins looked terrible. Terrible. Crumbled under pressure and looked like he was playing dodgeball against the opposing d-line.

- Rock C didn't have a good game

- Kenny Wright had a bad game. Really bad.

- All the QBs threw picks.

- Team didn't look ready to be on the field

- Worst of all: Injuries. Portis especially

All in all I'm not worried yet. The 1st preseason game doesn't mean squat and it's impossible anything at this point. All we can do is make observations that may or may not hold true later in the year.

My take:

First-string defense looked fantastic, backups need some work. Doughty is going to get his butt chewed by G. Williams again after giving up the flea-flicker.

First-team offense looked pretty good, with the exception of the pick. Not sure if Brunell or B. Lloyd was at fault.

Liked Campbell's throw, save the pick. Back-up o-line looked much better late in the game than it did in second and third quarters.

when Cincy had scrub wannabes in.

The Skins pulled out their starters after two series and let the backups lose. My son gave up on the game at halftime.

Players to CUT

13 Cash (can't return kicks)

15 Collins (smart but no talent)

25 Wright (AWFUL - Makes Jimoh look like a pro bowler)

and the offensive linemen who played in the second half.

Hopefully CP and C. Clemons will return for the Jets game.

Who looked good.

10 Hall

11 Espy

17 JC (Needs the starting offensive line in front of him)

26 CP (Another Sean Taylor. Too bad he got hurt.)

85 Lloyd

Collins doesn't suck, he just had no protection, and he's not mobile

our starting defense was
DOMINATING
tonight

Nope. He pretty much sucked. He threw the ball directly to the Bungholes D-Line. Not once, not twice but, atleast three times! No protection would cause you to get sacked not make stupid mistakes when you 'know' the offense.

lowlights:

- Collins looked terrible. Terrible. Crumbled under pressure and looked like he was playing dodgeball against the opposing d-line.

- Rock C didn't have a good game

- Kenny Wright had a bad game. Really bad.

I really feel that the backup Oline had a lot to do with these three.

Portis will be fine...Gibbs will rest him until Week 1 of the regular season...CP will be 100% and ready to go, so stop worrying.

Would have liked to see a Redskins TD...but it's just preseason...we're getting the kinks out...Gibbs will have them ready by Week 1.

HTTR!!! :cheers:

Portis will be fine...Gibbs will rest him until Week 1 of the regular season...CP will be 100% and ready to go, so stop worrying.

Would have liked to see a Redskins TD...but it's just preseason...we're getting the kinks out...Gibbs will have them ready by Week 1.

HTTR!!! :cheers:

Just wait until the Jets game at FedEx..

We will throw two flea flickers as well. :laugh:

On a side note: How is Palmer and his knee doing?

ESPN triple x radio has been disappointing so far. Bad reception and the live stream is not in sync. I do have dvr but when i wanted to rewind and watch a play, etc it would be so annoying to sync it back again. Also I completely dislike larry michael's comments. his play by play is fine, but when hes not doing the play by play he says some really annoying things.

I'm dissapointed we didn't get a chance to see Lumsden in action tonight. He would have made some noise during the game. Part of the reason our running game was so flat tonight was we had Carter and Nemo taking the majority of the running plays, and they are not anywhere near as explosive as Portis, Betts, and Lumsden.

The first pre-season game is the least important of all the pre-season games.The third pre-season game is the one that you can measure how good we're going to be. I was hoping we could make it thru the game with NO serious injuries. Hopefully CP will be all right come week 1. Portis' injury was the worst part of this game. Campbell made some mistakes, but all he needs is more time. This was his first chance he had in a real game. The kid is going to be something special given time.

Don't know about all of y'all but what I saw of JC I really liked.

That boy has the best compusre of any QB I've ever seen in the last 10 years. Very calm in the pocket, see's what's going on pre-snap and oesn't have happy feet.

Will stand his ground, keep his eyes upfield even when he knows he's gonna get hit hard.

Arm is beautiful, and his spirals are tight. Accuracy is very good and he can run a bit also. The future looks good witj JC @ the helm and after today he should be 2nd string.

Portis will be fine, we've got a month before the 1st game. I think with all our injuries tonight, none are season ending and the guys should be fine with some Rest and Relaxation.

Everyone take a chill pill, JC looked good, I think I like what Isee out of him and see why we picked him up. His throws are beautiful to look at, look effortless. Even Madden was gushing about him.

ESPN triple x radio has been disappointing so far. Bad reception and the live stream is not in sync. I do have dvr but when i wanted to rewind and watch a play, etc it would be so annoying to sync it back again. Also I completely dislike larry michael's comments. his play by play is fine, but when hes not doing the play by play he says some really annoying things.

Seriously, the stream is more than a whole play off. Plus, I can only get their signal on regular radio if I hold my radio up to the ceiling in one corner of my room.

That boy has the best compusre of any QB I've ever seen in the last 10 years. Very calm in the pocket, see's what's going on pre-snap and oesn't have happy feet.

I like JC a lot too, but if you are talking about the whole NFL over the past 10 years you have to be smoking some good stuff!

During the News Coference he just had on redskins.com he's very upset and dissapointed and I think this could be a serious injury. Yea the xray came back negative but u never know what the mri reveals, this is upsetting and if he is gone for a long period of time like half a season or more kiss the playoffs goodbye cause our division is too good. Also if he is ok after a few weeks and ready for the seaosn its gonna linger for the rest of the season. So itll effect his running as well as his run blocking. Either way its not looking good man

I am just paying the bucks for NFL Field Pass this season. I am stoked that Snyder is doing the radio thing for us but, it has only been weeks since it debuted. So, I figured it would have a few kinks. I can not risk missing any Skins games. :silly:

During the News Coference he just had on redskins.com he's very upset and dissapointed and I think this could be a serious injury. Yea the xray came back negative but u never know what the mri reveals, this is upsetting and if he is gone for a long period of time like half a season or more kiss the playoffs goodbye cause our division is too good. Also if he is ok after a few weeks and ready for the seaosn its gonna linger for the rest of the season. So itll effect his running as well as his run blocking. Either way its not looking good man

An MRI test detected the injury, which involves the bone popping out of place temporarily in the shoulder socket. Standard treatment involves rest and strengthening exercises.

There was no immediate indication how long he will be sidelined.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9600115

Portis is very lucky that he didn't break his collar bone, w/ that STesq hit.

JC did throw a pick, but he also threw about 5 or 6 awesome balls. I belive he had guys drop a few also.

1. He was under control and had a very good calmness about him in the pocket, which is a GOOD sign.

2. He has excellent arm strength on his deep balls, which, I belive Moss could've caught at least 2 of those deep balls, that the backups couldn't.

3. The more he plays, the better he'll be, so far, so good.

4. Lloyd made a spectacular catch on the opening drive on a 3rd and long.

5. We didn't play good AT ALL, but you can get a lot of positives out of this game.

6. Lets be thankful its only the 1st preseason game :D

KEEP IT UP JC!!!!!

Forgot to mention, the starting D WAS DOMINATE!

We had 2 sacks in the 1st qtr. Not bad at all.

Archived