Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1/2 Price Tickets For Pre-season Games Row 2!!

FlaSk1nsfan

I think a lot of us are sensitive because we've been pounded by so many people about ticket prices this year. One person offered me $800 for two upper level seats for the season. They didn't want the pre-season and said that my seats only cost me $48.50 so they'd give me $50 a seat for the 8 regular games. I responded with the explaination that no, we have to buy all the games (like I'm going to eat the cost of pre-season?) and I don't know of a seat in the stadium for $48.50 - heck mine were never that even when I first got them! Wait - behind a pillar might be that cheap! I guess my tone was quite strong because the person did respond that they didn't mean to offend me LOL

we all know the song, sing it with me.....so you had a bad day....

i do.. im willing to pay 250-300 per ticket...

I think a lot of us are sensitive because we've been pounded by so many people about ticket prices this year. One person offered me $800 for two upper level seats for the season. They didn't want the pre-season and said that my seats only cost me $48.50 so they'd give me $50 a seat for the 8 regular games. I responded with the explaination that no, we have to buy all the games (like I'm going to eat the cost of pre-season?) and I don't know of a seat in the stadium for $48.50 - heck mine were never that even when I first got them! Wait - behind a pillar might be that cheap! I guess my tone was quite strong because the person did respond that they didn't mean to offend me LOL

we all know the song, sing it with me.....so you had a bad day....

im not saying that u should eat the preseason, but u gotta realize that someone wont pay u the full amount, u would be lucky to get 50%.. u gotta do whatever u do as a season ticket holder, if the seats costs u 800 for the season, u gotta overcharge i think to get ur money back lost from the preseason and make a little profit as well

Who was talking trash. What you have done is incite such a vast amount of responses to your ridiculous offer that anyone might be interested has to sift through 2 pages worth of comments.

Also all your comments about fair market price make no sense to me because I come up for all reg. season games. I would never sell games like Dallas and NY and Philly. I just can’t justify the expense to fly up there, esp. on Labor Day weekend (plane tickets would cost me almost $600 for that Thursday alone) for preseason games. I thought someone might like some great tickets for 1/2 price but instead you only are looking for what comes out to be a hand out.

I'd rather set them on fire than give them to a greedy 19 year old kid like you.

How is that for trash talk?

im not saying that u should eat the preseason, but u gotta realize that someone wont pay u the full amount, u would be lucky to get 50%.. u gotta do whatever u do as a season ticket holder, if the seats costs u 800 for the season, u gotta overcharge i think to get ur money back lost from the preseason and make a little profit as well

Who said I was asking for full price. DUDE I AM OFFERING THEM FOR1/2 price of face value that is PRINTED on the tickets. What are you talking about.

I'm a fan who buys the tickets to GO TO THE GAMES and cheer on the skins. Not to make "profits" like you are talking about.

I think you are missing the point here.

And your still posting to this thread why???

Go away kid....

Ill tell you like my mother used to tell me, If you dont have anything to do go run around the block a couple of times

I cant wait till school starts back up :doh:

dude, dont tell me what i can or cant do.. who do u thikn u r?

We're all fans here...there's no need to fight about this. If an offer is no good, just ignore it as Chief skin did. The name calling is ridiculous. skinfan2k does have a point that there haven't been any offers, for all the replies to this thread. That's why I chose to drop mine cheap to a fan; I don't want to drive down from PA for the preseason. But I completely understand why someone wouldnt want to sell them that cheap. Better to ignore than start a fight about it.

If us wait list members were able to buy regular season tickets at face value then there probably would be a reason to pay face value for preseason.

There is a reason why there are significantly more tickets for sale for preseason games then there is for a regular season game. Why are you guys selling them? Because the games don't count, the starters get maybe a quarter in the second preseason, and the stadium is not anywhere NEAR capacity.

Please save us the sad song about having to buy the preseason games to, if it is a hardship, then don't buy them, there are plenty of us that would.

If us wait list members were able to buy regular season tickets at face value then there probably would be a reason to pay face value for preseason.

Please save us the sad song about having to buy the preseason games to, if it is a hardship, then don't buy them, there are plenty of us that would.

If you will notice, this thread is selling tickets for 1/2 price not face. All season ticket holders realize that you cannot get face for preseason tickets right now.

What the purchasers have to realize, and some people selling the tickets, is that a donation to a charity will result in alot of people keeping close to 40% of the face value of the tickets. I cannot think of any reason that I personally would ever sell them for less than that. Alaso I always go to the games so its not realy an issue for me.

So it's not a hardship to buy them, its just the amount some people offer for them is absurd. While I agree they are not worth face value, they are also worth more than $10.00- $15.00 each.

No one's complaining about buying pre-season tickets. That's part of the deal when you get season tickets. I think the main beef is the buzzards circling overhead, trying to score tickets for next to nothing, and getting flip about it when they're called on it.

You're absolutely correct, they're not worth full price, and I've never sold pre-season tickets for full price,(or even tried to). But the fact of the matter is, we did have to pay full price for them. It's kind of a pisser when people act as if the Redskins are giving us the tickets. It's almost as if they're expecting us to give away the tickets.

I sell pre-season tix, with parking, for less that 1/2 price, or I give 'em away to friends. I take the loss and chalk it up to the price I have to pay to go to regular season games. I don't, like some people have suggested, jack up the price on any regular season games, to make up the difference.

I wonder how cavalier they would be about if it was their money....

If you will notice, this thread is selling tickets for 1/2 price not face. All season ticket holders realize that you cannot get face for preseason tickets right now.

What the purchasers have to realize, and some people selling the tickets, is that a donation to a charity will result in alot of people keeping close to 40% of the face value of the tickets. I cannot think of any reason that I personally would ever sell them for less than that. Alaso I always go to the games so its not realy an issue for me.

So it's not a hardship to buy them, its just the amount some people offer for them is absurd. While I agree they are not worth face value, they are also worth more than $10.00- $15.00 each.

Really, ALL season ticket holders? I see the break down about 50-50 on this site alone.

And look to the list of regular season tickets that are listed with a "PM with an offer" as the price.

No reason to sell them for less than that? How about to give someone a chance to go. Someone maybe without the money to pay the jacked up prices that they will pay for a regular season game because they are sitting on the wait list.

The market drives the price in the preseason just like any other time. Buyers want to pay the least amount, sellers want to get the most amount.

My recommendation for these buyers would be show up at the stadium, there will be plenty of tickets for sale there, or at McD's

No reason to sell them for less than that? How about to give someone a chance to go. Someone maybe without the money to pay the jacked up prices that they will pay for a regular season game because they are sitting on the wait list.

I'd say the Boys and Girls Club of America, or the Big Brothers organizations would be worthy of the ticket donation and the kids would love it.

If people have the cash to buy season tickets, which I assume they have if they are on the waiting list, I feel much better about giving "the chance" to go to some children that might not ever go otherwise instead of people that won't pay even 1/2 price because its not worth it to them.

If my options are to sell them for $15.00 each to someone waiting to buy $1500.00 seats, or give them to needy kids, the kids are going to go.

I'd say the Boys and Girls Club of America, or the Big Brothers organizations would be worthy of the ticket donation and the kids would love it.

If people have the cash to buy season tickets, which I assume they have if they are on the waiting list, I feel much better about giving "the chance" to go to some children that might not ever go otherwise instead of people that won't pay even 1/2 price because its not worth it to them.

If my options are to sell them for $15.00 each to someone waiting to buy $1500.00 seats, or give them to needy kids, the kids are going to go.

But if your options are to sell them for $50 then the needy kids are SOL?

Well why not just give them the tickets in the first place instead of trying to get an additional 30 bucks out of a buyer? Better yet, don't donate the tickets, take one of the kids...it is a very rewarding experience.

By the way, I think 1/2 price is reasonable to ask, and I think less than 1/2 price is reasonable to offer. I just notice that all the people jumping all over the "lowballer" in this thread are not jumping all over the "PM auction" guys in the regular season threads.

I often give the tickets that I can't use to members here who might not be able to otherwise go. Yeah, give.

Reading this thread has eliminated at least one person from my list of prospective recipients.

That is very thoughtful and considerate of you. You are to be commended for your generosity...and I am being serious.

Archived