Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT : Seen and Heard at Redskins Camp

Hooper

Um, I thought Lavar was overrated and all, but this guy might be just a wee bit overconfident.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20060804-120823-2215r.htm

NO. 56's BOLD WORDS

While such numbers as 7, 9, 28 and 44 remain sacrosanct, the Redskins didn't waste any time giving out LaVar Arrington's No. 56 to free agent rookie guard Jasper Harvey.

"I knew whose number it was when they gave it to me," Harvey said. "I don't see it as pressure. I'm going to be a better player for the Redskins than [Arrington] was.

Smart and Dumb on Jasper's part....seeing as how he is probabaly a longshot to make the team, he provides some bulletin board material, and gets his name out there....bad move, because he has done nothing to warrant talking bad about Arrington like that....even though some of us do the same thing on this board LOL

hey, if he wants to claim that, let him do so. This is exactly the attitude we need from our players, it is probably why Gibbs decided to try him out.

You want him to say "I'm wearing #56, I don't know if I'll even make the team, let alone be as good as him"

I disagree. attitude is needed.

and he said he was going to be a better player for the redskins than lavar, NOT that he was going to be better than lavar.

if he provides more value to the redskins than lavar did the last 2 seasons, how can you fault him.

Nothing wrong with a little self confidence. sometiimes speaking is believing. I mean would you have preferred him to say, ummmm we'll see how I do. Hey If the guy can't back up his words then he'll look stupid. The way I see it, he's okay until he gets out there and plays like a clown. It's like the coach who makes the call to run the ball on fourth and goal, they could go for the field goal to tie the game, coach tells his guys the play will work. Now, he's okay as long as the play works. But when the play fails, he'll go down as the coach who took a risk and blew the game.

I disagree. attitude is needed.

and he said he was going to be a better player for the redskins than lavar, NOT that he was going to be better than lavar.

if he provides more value to the redskins than lavar did the last 2 seasons, how can you fault him.

Totally agree. Well said.

hey, if he wants to claim that, let him do so. This is exactly the attitude we need from our players, it is probably why Gibbs decided to try him out.

You want him to say "I'm wearing #56, I don't know if I'll even make the team, let alone be as good as him"

I agree, he should be confident in his abilities and speak optimistically.

whats funny is lavar and him are in the same shape:laugh:

Have you seen Lavar? :insane:

Take a look at pics from Giants.com, Lavar is looking incredibly fit... last year he didn't have the offseason to get himself in shape, he came in right before the season started and was a little hefty to say the least...

This year he has got a chip on his shoulder (which is a scary thought), is in shape, and is entering a fairly good defense from last year who improved a few of thier glaring needs in the secondary and LB positions. With Arrington, Pierce, Osi, and Strahan together they should be a very formidable defensive unit.

The two strongest teams in the NFC East the way I see it are the Giants and the Skins. However, the NFCE teams are so competitive (along with all NFL teams) that any team can win on any day.. which makes this season all the more exciting.

Can't wait for the season! HTTR

Archived