Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lincoln Kennedy Fails Physical, Skins Visit Still On

SkinsNoles21

He's 35, but being out of football for two years means he's more like 33 in football years.

As a comparison, Willie Roaf was 35 years old last year. Most would say Kennedy's not Willie Roaf, but Kennedy was a Pro Bowler in 2001 and 2002 before retiring in 2003.

He's got time to get in shape because obviously he's not starting for us.

I wonder what he weighed prior to taking time off from NFL Total Access? I hadn't seen him on that show for quite some time and I now figure it was because he was training to get into whatever kind of shape he is in for his try outs now.

But if he is weighing in at 390lbs now, sheesh, I wonder what he weighed before he started working out?

He's going to lose 60 pounds by September?

The only way to do that is to amputate something.

I still don't understand why the Skins have to look at every player who is coming out of retirement or coming off a suspension. It seems like a weird message to be sending to your roster.

First,

if it's 60 pounds and not like 20......then I don't see the point.

2nd- we lack depth at O line. We have alot of unproven young guys as backup. No Vets like Ray Brown this year. I don't think the Skins are scanning everybody, but if Dallas is taking a look- then the Skins probably wanted to take a look as well. Plus, the message to the 2nd stringers: STEP UP and earn yourself a job-- if you don't we'll find somebody who will.

I wonder what he weighed prior to taking time off from NFL Total Access? I hadn't seen him on that show for quite some time and I now figure it was because he was training to get into whatever kind of shape he is in for his try outs now.

But if he is weighing in at 390lbs now, sheesh, I wonder what he weighed before he started working out?

I hate to say I told you so!!!!

We got some studs at o-line.

If this guy was 390 at his physical, then I wondered he weighed before he tried to get back into shape.

:hungry:GET IN MY BELLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I asked that already. :D

He's got time to get in shape because obviously he's not starting for us.

This is how I feel. I guarantee he could be at 370 by the end of camp depending on how determined he is to get back in the league. The fact that he wouldn't start would buy him time to lose 20 more pounds in another month. So by game four, we have a solid addition to our OL depth for a playoff push.

That being said, I don't see Gibbs and company going for him. It's not their style. They're probably checking him out in case he's available pending an injury at that position. Just testing the waters...

390 pounds? Good Lord, Lincoln. Put... down... the... burger... and... step... away... from... the... drivethru.

Unfortunately, his playing weight of 330 put too much pressure on his knees. 390 is gonna kill him. He doesn't need to join the Skins, he needs America's Biggest Loser.

He is a former pupil of Buges, this is just a courtesy visit out of loyalty. Nothing more

Yeah, because the coaches have nothing better to do this time of year. :doh:

They might just be curious or only slightly interested, but they are not taking time out of their extremely busy day as a courtesy.

This should be a wake-up call to the OL-men that are competing for a back-up spot. :2cents:

When you're that big, it's much easier to lose weight. It's about percent lost, not pounds. I would say that by the season opener on the 11th of September Lincoln Kennedy could reasonably and healthily lose 30-40 pounds. Hopefully we won't have any injuries along the line in the first month and he can use that time to keep getting in shape. He could be in playing shape before midseason, in which case I would say it's well worth the risk.

I was training with the former strength trainer for the Chicago Bears back in '85 (he played at my high school and yes I saw his Superbowl ring) and he said that Refrigerator Perry reported to him at 395 pounds at the beginning of summer workouts in his rookie/ Superbowl year, but (he told us proudly) the training staff had the Fridge down to 330 by the start of training camp. It can be done. I'm more worried about Lincoln Kennedy's old joints than his weight.

Archived