Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lincoln Kennedy Fails Physical, Skins Visit Still On

SkinsNoles21

http://redskins.scout.com/2/552112.html

Lincoln Kennedy, the former Raiders Pro Bowl offensive tackle who is trying to make a comeback after having been out of the game for two years, will still have a visit with the Washington Redskins, according to Scout.com sources. The visit apparently still is on despite reports that he failed his physical in a visit to the Cowboys on Tuesday.

He weighed in at 390, his playing weight was 330.

That's not good he failed the physical.....alot of guys outta shape here on ES (me included) would probably pass the physical.

But.... if it's a weight issue. Maybe the Skins would work to get him in shape.

Who knows??

He's going to lose 60 pounds by September?

The only way to do that is to amputate something.

I still don't understand why the Skins have to look at every player who is coming out of retirement or coming off a suspension. It seems like a weird message to be sending to your roster.

He could always move to guard if he is too slow to be a LT anymore. Hey any team would take a look at a 35 year old ex All-pro tackle for depth - even if we had studs backing up our positions, it also says something about our team since Lincoln said he was only looking at teams he thought could get to the big game.

how did he fail it?

I tried to paste more of the article above but for some reason it wouldnt let me. If someone else has a scout.com membership and is able to paste more of the article that would be great.

Anyways, it says that his weight had nothing to do with failing the physical, because that can be changed, however, it does'nt say why he failed the physical.

The Redskins just want to visit with him....I see no harm in that.

He's 35, but being out of football for two years means he's more like 33 in football years.

As a comparison, Willie Roaf was 35 years old last year. Most would say Kennedy's not Willie Roaf, but Kennedy was a Pro Bowler in 2001 and 2002 before retiring in 2003.

He's got time to get in shape because obviously he's not starting for us.

He could always move to guard if he is too slow to be a LT anymore. Hey any team would take a look at a 35 year old ex All-pro tackle for depth - even if we had studs backing up our positions, it also says something about our team since Lincoln said he was only looking at teams he thought could get to the big game.

i suppose that means that if he goes back to NFL network, he can't say anything negative about the Skins anymore.

Archived