Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lincoln Kennedy Fails Physical, Skins Visit Still On

SkinsNoles21

Yeah, because the coaches have nothing better to do this time of year. :doh:

They might just be curious or only slightly interested, but they are not taking time out of their extremely busy day as a courtesy.

This should be a wake-up call to the OL-men that are competing for a back-up spot. :2cents:

yeah it will really take a lot of time. He was a former all-pro under Buges, not some backup in Oakland, very few OL making a comeback like that would get a tryout. But loyalty got his foot in the door.

" I'm more worried about Lincoln Kennedy's old joints than his weight."

His joints?!?!?! At 390lbs, id be more worried about his ticker under all that strain. Running around with pads on, in the heat, at 390?? They better keep a defibulator on the sidelines.

He'll probably end up in Arizona because their right tackle Oliver Ross just got hurt. Kennedy is scheduled to visit there after the Redskins. My guess is he'll be more attracted to the Cardinals because their line is nowhere near as settled as ours at the tackle positions and he may actually get a chance to play there.

He'll probably end up in Arizona because their right tackle Oliver Ross just got hurt. Kennedy is scheduled to visit there after the Redskins. My guess is he'll be more attracted to the Cardinals because their line is nowhere near as settled as ours at the tackle positions and he may actually get a chance to play there.

But he has also said that he wants a Superbowl ring, which if I may say so myself, puts us in the lead. Although admittedly it may not be a victory we need-- I'm not sure.

Kennedy had a good career, and that's all good, but he's a "has been". He played well and made a name for himself. Now, the only thing left is the name. The skins shouldn't even be giving him a glance. Besides that, because of his name, he'll probably be taking the spot of some young guy that's been working his ass off trying to make the squad. That's F'ed up.

2nd- we lack depth at O line. We have alot of unproven young guys as backup. No Vets like Ray Brown this year. I don't think the Skins are scanning everybody, but if Dallas is taking a look- then the Skins probably wanted to take a look as well. Plus, the message to the 2nd stringers: STEP UP and earn yourself a job-- if you don't we'll find somebody who will.
Exactly my thoughts on the matter. :notworthy

He is a former pupil of Buges, this is just a courtesy visit out of loyalty. Nothing more
Interesting, I did not know this. When did he play for Buges Bubba?
When you're that big, it's much easier to lose weight. It's about percent lost, not pounds. I would say that by the season opener on the 11th of September Lincoln Kennedy could reasonably and healthily lose 30-40 pounds. Hopefully we won't have any injuries along the line in the first month and he can use that time to keep getting in shape. He could be in playing shape before midseason, in which case I would say it's well worth the risk.

I was training with the former strength trainer for the Chicago Bears back in '85 (he played at my high school and yes I saw his Superbowl ring) and he said that Refrigerator Perry reported to him at 395 pounds at the beginning of summer workouts in his rookie/ Superbowl year, but (he told us proudly) the training staff had the Fridge down to 330 by the start of training camp. It can be done. I'm more worried about Lincoln Kennedy's old joints than his weight.

Excellent point. We didn't have to call on old Ray Brown until week 14 last season, so it is possible that we wouldn't need Kennedy's services for some time, giving him some extra time to get back in shape. Plus, it really wouldn't hurt to have a veteran backup on the line.

By the way, cool story about meeting a member of the '85 Bears squad. That team was really something.

He's going to lose 60 pounds by September?

The only way to do that is to amputate something.

I still don't understand why the Skins have to look at every player who is coming out of retirement or coming off a suspension. It seems like a weird message to be sending to your roster.

Why September???? He would be a depth signing he could get in shape by Late November when we might need him to step in when somebody gets banged up. He is searching for a job and calling teams he most likley wouldn't cost much and at 75% is better than Molinaro and Co.

http://redskins.scout.com/2/552112.html

Lincoln Kennedy, the former Raiders Pro Bowl offensive tackle who is trying to make a comeback after having been out of the game for two years, will still have a visit with the Washington Redskins, according to Scout.com sources. The visit apparently still is on despite reports that he failed his physical in a visit to the Cowboys on Tuesday.

He weighed in at 390, his playing weight was 330.

BOO lincoln kennedy, HOORAY BEER!

His weight is no doubt the reason he failed the physical, there is no possible way that he could lose 60 pounds in apporox 40 days and be ready to play in the national football league. If is really wants to come back, I would suggest he start working out right now and come mid October or November he could probably help a team that gets an injury late.

Giibs just said after tonights practice that there was some mixed signals. He thought after he failed the physical in Dallas that they wasn't gonna bring him in for a look. Lincoln showed up today at Redskins park and visited with Bubba the trainer but they did not work him out. He has some medical problems according to Gibbs. Looks like Buges is gonna have to coach up some youngens.....:laugh:

Archived