Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Radio: Patten Sick and ARE Hurt or Injured?

NattyLight

I remember hearing that Patten had the flu. I also remember seeing that ARE was tripped up during one of the ST returns by Khery Campbell.

ARE was tripped up, BUT that is NOT when he was injured.

ARE was injured when he planted his leg running a route and tweaked his back. He was held out the rest of practice, but is expected to return.

Search has been done.

I was on my way to work and ESPN Radio reported that Patten left Camp with a viral infection (ew) and ARE suffered from a jammed back and a pulled something or other.

Can anyone substantiate or elaborate on this?

i heard that too this morning, doesnt seem serious

That's what worries me about this heat. Players are going to get tired and dehydrated more quickly and that makes injuries more likely. I think that's the real reason for pulling back on the 2-a-days.

I think they are only having 3 2-a-days all training camp long...they can handle it...The first month they'll be playing in full pads at full speed for 60 minutes in this type of heat. Let's hope they get used to it.

I think they can too, but that's why players are being pulled and many 2-a-days are being scrapped. Too protect the players. That's another great quality about Gibbs. On the other hand, it's good for them to get out there because if they can survive through this it's going to be easier later.

Search has been done.

I was on my way to work and ESPN Radio reported that Patten left Camp with a viral infection (ew) and ARE suffered from a jammed back and a pulled something or other.

Can anyone substantiate or elaborate on this?

If Patten just has the flu shouldn't he be toughing it out? What if this happened during the regular season?

Michael Jordan played during the NBA finals with the flu...come on.

If Patten just has the flu shouldn't he be toughing it out? What if this happened during the regular season?

Think about your post...think about what time of year it is...and then think about how foolish you are making yourself look.

What a shame. Well, time to trade Patten back to NE where the weather's a little more stable. :D

I've got a better idea, if Patten (who I hate) is that fragile, we should just GIVE him back to the Patriots. There's nothing on that team that I would want in return so we ought to just give him back to them and let them deal with his flu-riddled ***. Maybe if we're lucky he'd infect that entire team.

I agree trade Patten to Atlanta (they just lost Finneran for the year) for their #1 next year.

You're comparing the first day of TC to the NBA Finals... ?

Imagine playing in this heat, then combine it with a virus. Coach Gibbs won't expect the guy to be laying it on the line just for the first day of TC.

I don't like this. I about had a heart attack when they said Mike Sellers was carted off the field. Thankfully, it was just cramps. Wow!

Yeah I'm with you on that. Now a days they are extremely careful when dealing with the heat so i'm not surprised that Sellers was carted off. Thanks God thats all it was.

Archived