Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers WR Smith hurts hamstring in practice

Titaw

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2533758

Panthers WR Smith hurts hamstring in practice

Associated Press

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Carolina Panthers All-Pro receiver Steve Smith was carted off the field Saturday with a hamstring injury on the opening day of training camp.

Midway through the afternoon session, Smith pulled up while running a long route down the left sideline. He immediately clutched his left hamstring, took a couple of steps and fell to the ground.

Click Link for full article.

Gary Clark had a hamstring injury that seemed to linger for his 7 years with the Skins. As a matter of fact in 2003 I met Gary Clark and I asked him how his hamstring was and he said it hurst like a mother .........er.

the skins were extremely fortunate with injuries last year

Don't know if I'd go that far. Sure, compared to Philly they were in good shape but it's not like they just coasted through the season. They also were really banged up going into that playoff game in Seattle.

Bottom line: While we managed to avoid the major season-ending injury to a key player, we had a lot of players miss time. Brunell also got injured on a cheap shot right in the middle of the stretch run. He played but he wasn't the same.

portis was real banged up towards the end of the year. I remember him sitting out quite a few series towards the end of the year, and it seems like we hobbled into that Seattle game. Springs had the groin problem, Thomas out, brunell with the knee, Portis' back/shoulder.

We had our share of bumps and bruises.

Archived