Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Chiefs

Mickalino

I work with this Bronco fan who thinks the Chiefs are the team the beat next year, and thinks that Larry Johnson is going to steamroll through every defense. He hates the Skins and is convinced the Chiefs are way better. He thinks that Al Saunders is NOT the reason why the Chiefs offense did well. And that Saunders will do nothing for the Skins, because it was "hall of fame" coach Dick Vermiel was the reason their offense was great. And he thinks that Herman Edwards will be able to continue that offensive success because he's a perfect fit for their ground-oriented Chiefs team. He doesn't understand that Al Saunders was the Chiefs' loss, and the Redskins' gain. He is convinced that the Chiefs will have a better record than the Skins and is even willing to bet on it. Of course, I wont hesitate to accept that proposal, my only question is, how high should I raise the stakes for this bet ?

as high as you can..........

ask him if herm "plays to win the game?" and if he improved on his clock management!!!!

by week 6 he will wonder if herm can read a clock!

might be the worst in game coach in the history of profootball...........ask any real jet fan

I love when Herm Edwards loses and he says, "Its hard... its real hard to win in this league"

:laugh: I know it is hard, but still its so funny. I always feel like Herm is going to pop an eye out of his head, he is just one big constantly flexxing muscle.

Yeah raise the stakes to 100$, no more than that if you care to keep him as a friend.

Funny that a Broncos fan of all people could be so dissillusioned with the truth about the Chiefs.

I don't trust any team that doesn't have a proven CB or Safety under 30 years old. Just not a good formula if you ask me. Derrick Johnson is a beast though, so is Jared Allen.

I work with this Bronco fan who thinks the Chiefs are the team the beat next year, and thinks that Larry Johnson is going to steamroll through every defense. He hates the Skins and is convinced the Chiefs are way better. He thinks that Al Saunders is NOT the reason why the Chiefs offense did well. And that Saunders will do nothing for the Skins, because it was "hall of fame" coach Dick Vermiel was the reason their offense was great. And he thinks that Herman Edwards will be able to continue that offensive success because he's a perfect fit for their ground-oriented Chiefs team. He doesn't understand that Al Saunders was the Chiefs' loss, and the Redskins' gain. He is convinced that the Chiefs will have a better record than the Skins and is even willing to bet on it. Of course, I wont hesitate to accept that proposal, my only question is, how high should I raise the stakes for this bet ?

As high as he will let you. I actually have a bet (albeit lunch) with a guy at work that the Chiefs will be in the bottome 5, thats how bad i think they will be this yr!!! Herm is a fun guy to watch, not a great coach though. They lost Saunders and Roaf now. Ty Law is old and he will be lucky to have a simliar yr from last yr. (of course thats what everyone says about Brunell and i shoot them down b/c i'm a homer) anyway, new coach no offense, bad defense...= bad!!!

Go all in on this hand, but if he's a friend make it something other than money, put his pride on the line somehow. If he's not a friend take everything he's got, the house, the car, the cat, the TV, his wife's underwear, all of it

I work with this Bronco fan who thinks the Chiefs are the team the beat next year, and thinks that Larry Johnson is going to steamroll through every defense. He hates the Skins

A Bronco fan that hates the Skins... I wonder why?.....

:logo: :helmet:

Chiefs defense will be better but their offense wont be the same without Saunders, Welborne, Roaf and possibly Holmes.

They are going to a more run first offense and less diversity in their play calling so teams are going to be queue'ing up on the RB this year.

LJ is a beast of a runningback, but that whole team got a face lift and lost some key components that are unquestionably very important to the (offensive) success of the franchise for the past few years. i like herm edwards, but i'll wait to see what their record is by mid-season before i really make a call.

First off, your friend is a loser. Thats like One of us going around bragging about the sure-fire success of The eagles, and how the loss of TO wont effect them, that all of their offensive output actually came from Todd Pinkston and the genius that is Andy Ried.

Take the bet, and bet high. Just don't bet ridiculously high, b/c anything can happen. KC just lost Roaf, which leaves a big hole on the line. Gonzalez is getting older, and KC has tried to fix their D by putting older veterans in there. As any Redskin fan will tell you, that doesn't usually work too well. I have said I believe KC will make the playoffs this year, but as a wild card. The loss of Roaf is huge, but KC will probably perform close to the same as last year, but the Redskins will do better than KC's 9-7 or 10-6.

I love when Herm Edwards loses and he says, "Its hard... its real hard to win in this league"

:laugh: I know it is hard, but still its so funny. I always feel like Herm is going to pop an eye out of his head, he is just one big constantly flexxing muscle.

Yeah raise the stakes to 100$, no more than that if you care to keep him as a friend.

Funny that a Broncos fan of all people could be so dissillusioned with the truth about the Chiefs.

I don't trust any team that doesn't have a proven CB or Safety under 30 years old. Just not a good formula if you ask me. Derrick Johnson is a beast though, so is Jared Allen.

Yea Jared Allen is vicious

The problem with your friends thinking is that KC isnt getting any younger and even if Johnson does run through everyone he doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball where they need help the most, and theres no guarantee that he can sustain an entire season being the #1 guy.

Don't sleep totally on the chef's. They have historically been a great home team.

They always play good at home, just ask us!

But they are lousy on the road!

We needed them to beat the Giants to give us the Division and they fell flat.

If Herm can capitalize at home they will be decent,but not better than us.

I see them at 10 -6 , possible wild -card, but as my sig says we will be...............

see below

KC will not win their division much less the SB. Denver will handle them and I believe a rematch of the Redskins vs. Broncos will be our January/February 2007 Super Bowl game.

That is my pick also. :cheers:

Don't forget the Chefs lost one of the best lead blockers, Richardson.

The running game won't look anything like last year's.

Never mind the fact Roaf "might " retire, I think he just doesn't want to go through training camp.

Take the bet, and bet high. Just don't bet ridiculously high, b/c anything can happen. KC just lost Roaf, which leaves a big hole on the line. Gonzalez is getting older, and KC has tried to fix their D by putting older veterans in there. As any Redskin fan will tell you, that doesn't usually work too well. I have said I believe KC will make the playoffs this year, but as a wild card. The loss of Roaf is huge, but KC will probably perform close to the same as last year, but the Redskins will do better than KC's 9-7 or 10-6.

You do realize that we face the 5th hardest schedule in the NFL while the Chiefs have the benefit of the 19th hardest schedule. Meaning, they have a huge advantage to finish better than us. The only thing in our benefit is that Philly has the hardest schedule, followed by the Giants with the third hardest. Hell even Dallas only has the 9th hardest.

It will be a long hard fought season. Lets not count our chickens before they hatch.........

Archived