Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LeCharles Bentley hurt...

drowland

Man, that really sucks.

http://www.cleveland.com/weblogs/browns/index.ssf?/mtlogs/cleve_browns/archives/2006_07.html#165740

Browns center LeCharles Bentley, expected to anchor an improved offensive line, suffered what appeared to be a serious injury to his left knee during the first team drill of the day on Thursday in Berea.

Bentley went down in pain and could not put any weight on the leg. Trainers immobilized the leg with an air cast and he was taken from the field on a cart.

Bentley was signed in the off-season as a free agent after earning Pro Bowl honors for the New Orleans Saints. He is a native Clevelander, having starred at St. Ignatius High School and Ohio State.

By Mary Kay Cabot, mcabot@plaind.com

Man I feel bad for the Browns. They are cursed or something. I hope its just a sprain and nothing more serious.

Just heard that Bentley is going to be out the Entire year...

Cleveland-- Where athletes not named Lebron come to die.

Damn...hearing news like this is never, EVER, enjoyable or good. I hope Cleveland's line is able to adapt and recover from the loss..

yeh, but losing a stud lineman is not easy to replace. Look at us and Jansen in 2004. I only feel sorry for the Browns, they have great fans still, despite not having many things to feel proud about. I hope Bentley can recover well.

KFFL News of Note

Young works out deal with Titans

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with QB Vince Young on a contract that could be worth up to $58 million, according to sources familiar with the negotiations. It is a five-year deal with an option year and includes $25.7 million in guaranteed money.

Jets place Martin on PUP

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) has been placed on the team's active/Physically Unable to Perform list.

Bears place Jones on PUP

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears RB Thomas Jones (hamstring) has been placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list after tweaking his hamstring during his physical. He was not in uniform Thursday, July 27, for the team's first practice of training camp.

Bentley out for the season

The Associated Press reports Cleveland Browns C LeCharles Bentley (knee) is out for the 2006 season after sustaining a season-ending knee injury during the team's first 11-on-11 drills of training camp Thursday, July 27. General manager Phil Savage said Bentley tore his patellar tendon and will undergo surgery as early as Friday, July 28. Savage did not say if Bentley's tear was partial or complete and would not speculate on a timeframe for recovery.

Torn patellar tendon, F***in OUCH!!! That means his knee cap is just dangling. Very difficult to recover from. Atrophe is a big concern because any movement of the leg and dislodge the reattachment. I really feel bad for this guy.

Archived