Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for fans outside of Redskin Territory

fuji869

not so bad in san diego (which is german for whale's vagina, btw). it helps that we're in different divisions. i sometimes get, "why the skins?" but once i explain that i'm from the east coast, they understand. it also helps that the chargers sucked for so long, and that half the people here are raiders fans. chargers fans really only hate raider fans, with denver fans being a distant second.

I get the " You're from NC and not a Panthers fan?"

HELL NO.. I was a Redskins fan long before the ****cats moved in.. They INVADED REDSKINS COUNTRY!. I'll never support the ****cats and hope they lose every game.

:laugh:

I used to live in Seattle and went to Redskins Seahawks game(we lost) and everyone was saying how they were going to the SB and what not. It was the 99-2000 season(I believe) and boy were they wrong!

But mainly Seattle is a baseball town and they really didnt seem to care for their Seahawks when I was their.

:applause: Thank you!

I'm in Delaware and somehow somebody has convinced a lot of the locals that this is "Eagles" territory <derisive snort> but I never agreed to that. I make a point of wearing the B&G all the time, rag on 'Boys fans when I see 'em, stop and chat with Skins fans (and recommend ES if they don't know about it) and generally make a conspicuous fan of myself. I probably bug more of the Philly fans around here than they do me. When Portis got the TD to go ahead in that last game I stuck my head out the front door and hollered "You can take those flags down now!" at the top of my lungs to the neighbors up and down the street that had the weak green laundry hanging out. One of my wife's coworkers is a big Eagles fan and I got one of their balloons and stuffed green feathers from an art shop in it, blew it up and stuck it around the corner right over her desk and popped it, just as an official end to their season. Sometimes you just have to make an extra effort when you're outnumbered.

:laugh:

I love the way you rubbed it in to those damn Eagles fans. Those people are so god damn annoying.

Eagles fans = annoying.

Cowboys fans = Stupid, ignorant, fools and blind homers.

Giants fans = they're not that bad.

Redskins fans = Most loyal and diehard fans their is. :D

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I live in patriots country but dont have a problem with pats fans. Most of the people i hang out with are fans of out of town teams to, Raiders, Packers, Broncos, they all know football and we debate what teams will do well and generaly get allong. The pats fans I hang out with are the most football ignorant fans you will find anywhere they dont seem to know a damn thing about football but cant shut up about the patriots they think whatever they do is a great idea and their coaching staff is the best in the NFL (hahaha bellicheck is no gibbs and whoever they pulled of the street as cordinaters after all theirs left arent that good) and they refuse to admit they destroyed their roster losing all tose starters and replacing none of them.This season is gonna be great pats are gonna suck this year.

The Redskins have begun to take on a rivalry with the Tampa Bay Bucs and I constantly battle with them here in Tallahassee. Plus I always get questions about the fact that I go to FSU and like the Redskins. In my opinion I get the best of the both worlds bc all the good Miami players are on the Skins and no longer playing the Noles.

NC Represented well in this thread.

I have lived all over the country. And didnt usually get razzed for my fandom, although in Charlotte it has happened from time to time.

The funniest part about Panthers fans is, even many of the supposed diehard fans I come across in person; dont even know more than 3 or four players.

Now, there is a Panthers board that I have read have some pretty good fans and seemingly overall good people (Charity and whatnot). These guys seem to be real diehard fans. Respect given.

But I dont root for the Panthers and analyze every potential weakness they have so I can quickly quiet the bandwagoners. The real Panthers fans, I love talking football with. I have experience the 'well you live in Carolina now' thing and its usually turns into a pretty open and shut case when I ask who they rooted for 15 years ago.

I live in the Raider nation area. What fans they have are some of the hardest core fans I have ever had the pleasure to party with. The problem is, they are far a few between come game day. Raider fans are at the tailgate area on Saturday night, not the morning of the game. You gotta respect that.

In other news, I just flash the tattoo, and they got nothing to say, they respect that. Three guys I work with are season ticket holders, and the owner of my company is Niners fan, so not much coming out of his office come football time….

lol

All the time here in philly suburbs, of course maybe because car is decked out in colors and I am constantly wearing Skins tshirts, jerseys, golf shirts. In laws had the nerve to ask wife "doesn't he own anything that doesn't have a Redskins logo on it". I didn't understand that, they know I have the Skins tattoo, guess I am finally getting on their nerves (who cares they are turd bird fans) I love it aggrivating all the turd bird fans low class maggots.

I don't get razzed that much. I'm pretty much in the crossroads of Jets/Gints/Bills/Patriots, so they have no time for a lone Redskins fan. I get a few dirty looks from Gints fans occasioanally, and my emps and I of course talk trash.

I work with 2 Gints fans, and 2 Iggles fans...I'm the lone Redskins fan...the only enlightened one :laugh:

The Redskins have begun to take on a rivalry with the Tampa Bay Bucs and I constantly battle with them here in Tallahassee. Plus I always get questions about the fact that I go to FSU and like the Redskins. In my opinion I get the best of the both worlds bc all the good Miami players are on the Skins and no longer playing the Noles.

Hey ...I'm born and raised in the DC Metro area.....so I've never had any problems...

But I must say you have GREAT TASTE in football...

GO SKINS!!!

GO NOLES!!!

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

In Colorado Im usually the first one to start the trash talking. I went to the game last year and sat in the South stands. After a threat or two they left me alone. Co-workers hate football time because I always yell out "Broncos Suck"! Alot of them or bandwagoners, "we love portis"!! Now its, portis isnt good we have R. Dayne? Plus they always talk about the past, "IF WE HAD ELWAY" we would have won.

I get it from every direction. Tampa, Miami, and to a much lesser extent Jacksonville. We also have an over abundance of Cowboy fans here.

Florida sucks :laugh:

Pete,

Do you stay home and watch the games or do you go to the Cape Steak and Crab house?

Im me if you want. But yeah between the Bucs and the Boys we are outnumbered here as well. Everyone give me a hard time for "NOT" rooting for the Bucs. A team which I like but they have become a nemisis here lately.

I'm in New York. So it's just Jet and best of all Giant fans here. I've gotten some bad calls when we were doing bad, but now hahah now they just keep quiet. You'll get the usual "redskins or f*r*skins suck" yell from time to time. But that don't bother me.

I get the " You're from NC and not a Panthers fan?" also ncsuapex. I tell them no. I have been a Redskins fan my whole life. The first Superbowl I remember is Superbowl VII. I will pull for the Panthers to win if it will not hurt the Redskins.

Seconded....Skins fan through and through. While some people wonder about not being a Panthers fan, there still are a lot of people in NC that stayed Skins fans after the Panthers started up.

I live in Orlando Florida. So when I'm out in my gear, most floridian idiots think I'm wearing a seminoles hat! I'm a gator fan as well, so I'm doubly offended. I must say though I've gotten a lot more respect and a little less pithe commenting from the opposition after last years run.

HTTR

Archived