Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for fans outside of Redskin Territory

fuji869

I have questions to Redskin Fans that outside of Redskin Territory and mainly in other NFL Team's Territory. Do you get razzed for you Redskin Loyalty and not being a fan of the team of the area you live in?

As for me I lived in Denver when the Broncos won back-2-back Super Bowls and I got razzed by Bronco Fans for staying a Redskin Fan and not jumping on the Bronco Bandwagon. I would hear stuff like "You live in Denver now, you should be a Bronco Fan" or "You should be a Bronco fans cause the Redskins suck and the Broncos won the Super Bowl"

I currently live in Seahawk Territory but even though I don't get razzed for staying a Redskin fan I get razzed for not becoming a Seahawk Fan.

Wonder if any other fans who use to or are currently living outside Redskin Territory had the same issues.

:whoknows:

I have questions to Redskin Fans that outside of Redskin Territory and mainly in other NFL Team's Territory. Do you get razzed for you Redskin Loyalty and not being a fan of the team of the area you live in?

As for me I lived in Denver when the Broncos won back-2-back Super Bowls and I got razzed by Bronco Fans for staying a Redskin Fan and not jumping on the Bronco Bandwagon. I would hear stuff like "You live in Denver now, you should be a Bronco Fan" or "You should be a Bronco fans cause the Redskins suck and the Broncos won the Super Bowl"

I currently live in Seahawk Territory but even though I don't get razzed for staying a Redskin fan I get razzed for not becoming a Seahawk Fan.

Wonder if any other fans who use to or are currently living outside Redskin Territory had the same issues.

:whoknows:

I'm a Redskins fan living in Michigan. I'm surrounded, hounded, and harrased by Lions and Cowboys fans. I've been a Skins fan since '82. I lived in Oklahoma too. Cowboys fans galore there. I usually stand alone in my fandom. I was at the barber shop the other day and the entire NFC East was represented. Strange since we are in Michigan. Seeing die-hards from all NFC East teams. Lots of trash talking! Infact? I took a Boys fan home from the barbers today. We planned a road trip to DC to see the Boys vs. the Skins.

I get it from every direction. Tampa, Miami, and to a much lesser extent Jacksonville. We also have an over abundance of Cowboy fans here.

Florida sucks :laugh:

Here in Jacksonville, the Jaguars fans give me the business because I don't pull for the Gators. But that's just Jacksonville for ya. The Jaguar fans wear teal, but bleed orange and blue.

I live in N.C. Panther fans don't really bother me about not being a panthers fan, But they are the most fickle fans I have ever seen. When the panthers were struggling before there Super Bowl run, There half Panther fans, A lot of Redskins fans, Then fans of other teams ( teams they grew up cheering for ). But when the Panthers went to the Super Bowl, What made me mad was that they all rubbed it in my face, Even the same fans earlier in the season who weren't panther fans were rubbing it in my face. Its one thing for them to cheer for your home if their team was put out, But they acted like the have been die hard panther fans the whole time.

I was like "So, you team didn't make it either ". They would swear they have been die hard panther fans the whole time, Even in the 1-15 season.

I will never have any respect for panther "fans".

Im in NYC....The Jets and Gints........ fans give me the business from time to time.... Even the players i know give it to me... But respect that im not changing colors..... I even wear Skins gear thru the tunnel after games.... They Hate it

Oh, I get it. I love when I get one of those Cowpuke fans is saying I should be a fan of the team closest to home. Of course that's when I point out that based on that idea they need to be a Texans fan. I tell thwm I don't mind if the Texans win as long as they are not playing my Redskins. As a matte of fact I would love to see the Redskins and the Texans in the Super Bowl.

HTTR :dallasuck

I live in NC and like many of you, I get it all the time. "You live in NC, you should root for the home team." That is what took me from not being a fan of the panthers, to absolutely hating them.

Plus, the fans down here are awful. If they are losing, you can't find many people who call themselves fans. But if they win, they come out of the woodwork. And many down here don't know the rules of the game, nor do they understand the strategy of the game. That is what really gets me when they try to harass you for being a Skins fan.

I get it from every direction. Tampa, Miami, and to a much lesser extent Jacksonville. We also have an over abundance of Cowboy fans here.

Florida sucks :laugh:

Couldn't agree more! Yea, what is it with the dallass fans in florida? I hate florida also and can't wait to leave! :dallasuck :bucsuck:

There is no "outside of Redskins territory." - It's a myth. :logo:

:applause: Thank you!

I'm in Delaware and somehow somebody has convinced a lot of the locals that this is "Eagles" territory <derisive snort> but I never agreed to that. I make a point of wearing the B&G all the time, rag on 'Boys fans when I see 'em, stop and chat with Skins fans (and recommend ES if they don't know about it) and generally make a conspicuous fan of myself. I probably bug more of the Philly fans around here than they do me. When Portis got the TD to go ahead in that last game I stuck my head out the front door and hollered "You can take those flags down now!" at the top of my lungs to the neighbors up and down the street that had the weak green laundry hanging out. One of my wife's coworkers is a big Eagles fan and I got one of their balloons and stuffed green feathers from an art shop in it, blew it up and stuck it around the corner right over her desk and popped it, just as an official end to their season. Sometimes you just have to make an extra effort when you're outnumbered.

In KC, there isn't a lot of razzing, but what you get is the "oh my" you're not a Chiefs fan thing. Fans here are so KC centric that it drives you crazy. Its as if a world doesnt exist outside of the town.

I tell them to simply drive 3 hours out of town and as if KC no longer exist to bring them back to reality.

Folks in KC have an inferiority complex, so they diffinitely build themselves up by living, and breathing all things KC.

I really dont concern myself too much with it. I was born and raised in DC, so I know where my roots lie, but KC is a nice town settle down in, so I dont hold their shortcomings against them.

Archived