Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are everyones Redskins superstitions?

Redskins75

• 6 years later...

I am starting new superstitions for this and they worked last week

1 I have coffee at the same shop the morning of the game

2 I wear my gold RG3 jersey until 10 minutes before the kickoff then change to burgundy RG3 ( #10 ten minutes get it?)

3 I watch the game by myself in the man cave

4 I put my skins towel on the left hand side of my TV tray I don't wave it around like those yahoo in Pittsburgh

5 before each quarter starts I touch all my skins flags and signs hanging in the man cave

6 I play hail to the redskins on my iPad after each score. But I wait until after the PAT

7 every time Davis makes a play I say Thank god Cooley is gone. That might piss of some fans but its MY superstitions!

Go Skins!!

why would you ever take it off?

That is a good question. I find that when I'm laying in bed after a night of heavy drinking the jersey is too hot. However, when I'm not a lazy bum and decide to get wings with friends, I have to rock my RG3 jersey and Skins hat. I guess I have to find the lowest common denominator, whether it is the jersey, the hat, the wings, or some combo of the three.

I am starting new superstitions for this and they worked last week

1 I have coffee at the same shop the morning of the game

2 I wear my gold RG3 jersey until 10 minutes before the kickoff then change to burgundy RG3 ( #10 ten minutes get it?)

3 I watch the game by myself in the man cave

4 I put my skins towel on the left hand side of my TV tray I don't wave it around like those yahoo in Pittsburgh

5 before each quarter starts I touch all my skins flags and signs hanging in the man cave

6 I play hail to the redskins on my iPad after each score. But I wait until after the PAT

7 every time Davis makes a play I say Thank god Cooley is gone. That might piss of some fans but its MY superstitions!

Go Skins!!

805988761.jpg

I have to downplay the success of the Redskins and not praise them too much, or at all. This past week was the first time I argued for the offense and RG3 on another message board, and then this happens. If I get too excited about a play or how a game is going, the Redskins will most assuredly lose the game. For instance, earlier this season when the Redskins went up 21-6 on the Rams, I foolishly asked the server at Buffalo Wild Wings for a "celebratory beer". Big mistake on my part because we all saw how that ended.

All of you guys are obviously failures at superstitions. Shanahan's record as the Skins coach is proof of this. Gibbs, Zorn, Spurrier, Norv, etc as well.

i blame everyone in this thread for the past 20 year collapse and demand that you get it straight asap. Talk to some Steelers, Pats, Giants, and Ravens fans. Hell, even Eagles and Saints, Colts, and Chargers have had it much better since 1993.

I don't have any anymore.

I keep making something up after they win a game, I wont wash the shirt, wear the same hat, make sure i'm drinking the same brand of beer.

But then they lose.. so it all gets wiped.

I've done this many many times. There is no lucky shirt or lucky beer or lucky anything, cause I can't remember the last time they put 2 wins back to back. I dont feel like looking it up, but it had to have been a long damn time ago.

If you push it up to 3 wins in a row.. i'm thinking that streak by Todd Collins was the last time.

I know that no matter the lead I am not comfortable for any Skins game

THIS!!!!

Also I will wear one players jersey until we lose. In 05, I rocked Portis jersey and my Skins socks for 6 straight weeks without washing it. The mojo ran out at Seattle, but I'd be damned if my jersey didn't give us a lil extra burst.

I usually boycott using the Redskins Coffee Mug after poor showings.

I wear the same skins garb if we won last week. Washing optional at best.

randonly, I found my old 25 cent gumball machine helmet. The one I had to buy 20 helmets before I got the right one. He got promoted from storage to the mantle. He is 1-1.

I don't buy player jerseys anymore until they're out of the game. So far both jerseys that I've got (given as gifts) have been for players that weren't on our team the year after.

The main reason I'm not buying a Griffin jersey until after he retires.

Redskins won the Super Bowl in 1991

I married my wife in 1992

I'm sorry

Please forgive me.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 06:19 PM ----------

And yes..........

It is true

Unfortunatly

I thought it was me but then I got a divorce in 1998. I was taking a lot of credit for 1999 until everything ended in a typical Norval fashion. It was really you all along :ols:

I believe that the redskins will be cursed until we move the team back to DC. Maybe I am a little biased because I am from the city, but we are the Washington Redskins not the PG County Redskins who built a stadium next to a church. Bring the team home!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm. Some of these are pretty silly.

I'm usually not a very superstitious person, but football does seem to bring it out of me a bit.

For example, I have taken to the superstitious belief the team I love is actually suffering from some kind of curse. It is against my rational nature to think this, but consider the evidence:

-We always seem to lose the guys we can least afford to lose to injury. This season it is Orakpo, safeties, and RG3. During Gibbs 2.0 it was offensive linemen and Portis.

-One of the best players to ever don the uniform was tragically killed in his prime.

-Year after year, no matter what we do, our kickers always miss easy field goals and our opponents always seem to make even the toughest ones.

-Weird things happen to us. Phantom and untimely penalties abound (Josh Morgan said he could not even remember throwing that ball against the Rams). We have unusually high numbers of blocked kicks and missed kicks. When we get close it is the Turk brothers botching a snap or usually reliable receivers dropping passes that cost us. Even unprecedented things happen to us. Salary cap penalties?

-Players who struggle here leave to find great success elsewhere (Brandon Lloyd, Carlos Rogers, Suisham, Ryan Clark, Antonio Pierce et al)

-Players who do well elsewhere come here and stink (Jeff George, Deion Sanders, Adam Archuletta, Donovan McNabb, Albert Haynesworth, Dan WIlkinson, Dana Stubblefield, et al, even Billy Cundiff was an accurate kicker before coming here)

-The mere fact that we have been as bad as we have for as long as we have is a strange statistical anomaly. Odds would seem to indicate that we would occasionally be good just by sheer chance. Look at all the close games, and how few turn in our favor. I can think of so many games decided by one or two crucial plays, which never seem to go our way.

I could actually keep going with this, but you get the idea. We really do seem to be cursed. I'm not sure what the cause of the jinx is or how we would go about breaking it, but I do sorta believe in it, against my better judgment. At times I have even thought we should change our name in case its an indian curse. Maybe that is not it though. Whatever it is, I wish we could find a way to appease the football gods who are clearly angry at us. Only the saintly Gibbs was able to tip the karmic scale in our favor, and even he could not do so completely.

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 01:57 AM ----------

Seriously. We were up 21-6 at one point in BOTH the Rams game and the Bucs game, and we let them back in it.

Just the sort of thing I'm talking about with this curse business.

Archived