Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams or Chiefs.....

Mr_Redskins

I would say that we won't look like the Rams or the Chiefs. The Rams had explosive receivers and could take it 80yrds on you at any point, but Faulk was more of a threat catching out of the backfield than as a between the tackles runner. The Chiefs only legitimate downfield threat is TG. Sure Kennison catches a few here and there, but TG is their main receiver. The Chiefs unlike the Rams will run it down an opponent's throat.

The Skins this season, will be a blend of the two. That's what's scary. Portis has proven that he can pound it up the middle or catch from the backfield and slash around for a few yards. We also have a great deep-threat in Moss, a failry large target with great hands in Cooley, and hopefully a great possession sideline receiver in Lloyd. We also have greater depth at WR than either the Rams or Chiefs. Oh, and we also have a defense. From QB play, I'd expect Saunders and Gibbs demand a more Trent Green type of controlled play than a Warner/Bulger gun slinging type of play. So we have what both teams wished they had; the complete package. Power, speed, and hands out of our RB, downfield and mid/short passing, and a great D. Does that remind you of the Chiefs or Rams?

agreed, systems still rely on talent to be judged. Gibbs and his style of offense "air Coryell" if that is still what it is, and his conservatism, along with Saunders whatever he did with the Cheifs, will combine well. Gibbs has had 3 1,000 yard receivers before, and this season holds promise of that happening again, though Cooley instead will be like the 3rd receiver as Gibbs didn't use TE's as pass catchers much overall before.

We have the small, explosive receivers of the Rams and the power running/productive TE of the Chiefs. We are probably not as good on the O-line as the Chiefs in their heyday and whether Brunnel can be Trent Green or pre-thumb-injury Kurt Warner remains to be seen.

We have the real potential to be explosive as heck, very like the '83 team. Power running backed up by the ability to drop 6 on your head from any point on the field if you cheat a safety up.

None of them. The Skins will maintain the same playbook from last year. You will only see wrinkles of Saunders' offensive wizardry during critical moments of the game. Winning the battles of those critical moments will what determines the team being a championship team.

I think you're going to see a lot of looks similar to the 91 Skins offense. We had two speedy deep threats, a possession receiver that never dropped the ball (Monk) and a smash mouth running game.

I see the same things in ARE, Moss and Lloyd. The only difference is Rypien threw the best deep ball I've ever seen that year. Only question is whether or not Brunell will be able to throw the deep ball like Rypien that year.

Archived