Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East - Positional Unit Comparisons

21KillzCowboys

How would you compare each teams' starting units to one another? Best to worst: 4 points for best, 1 for worst.

Quarterback ---- PHI, WAS, DAL, NYG

Wide Recievers - WAS, DAL, NYG, PHI

Runningbacks --- WAS, NYG, DAL, PHI

Tight Ends ----- DAL, NYG, WAS, PHI

Offensive Line - WAS, NYG, PHI, DAL

Defensive Line - PHI, NYG, WAS, DAL

Linebackers ---- NYG, WAS, DAL, PHI

Safeties ------- WAS, PHI, NYG, DAL

Cornerbacks ---- PHI, WAS, DAL, NYG

Special Teams -- NYG, WAS, DAL, PHI

Coaching Staff - WAS, DAL, PHI, NYG

Totals

WAS - 36

NYG - 27

PHI - 24

DAL - 23

Am I being too much of a homer? I formed this list as objectively as possible. As I look back on it, I can only see a spot or two where we could drop one spot (WR, DL, LB). Are we this much more talented than the other teams?

How would you compare each teams' starting units to one another? Best to worst: 4 points for best, 1 for worst.

Totals

WAS - 36

NYG - 27

PHI - 24

DAL - 23

Am I being too much of a homer? I formed this list as objectively as possible. As I look back on it, I can only see a spot or two where we could drop one spot (WR, DL, LB). Are we this much more talented than the other teams?

Whats the excuse going to be when you guys don't win the superbowl with the supposed best talent and best coach?

One could certainly argue that PHI has the best safeties in the league, but we're definitely up there.

As far as CBs, NYG is a ?, but the rest of us all seem interchangeable. Because we have a bit of a ? ourselves in Wright I'd put us 3rd.

For coaching I'd switch DAL and PHI (due mainly to dallas losing peyton and the eagles retaining johnson).

If Carter works out I'd put us ahead of the Giants on D-line (only cause they lost clancy and are therefore unproven at DT). I'd argue that either the skins or eagles have the best starting DTs but the Giants (definitely) and Eagles (maybe/probably) have better DEs than we do.

I like the assessment though, I wasn't trying to trash your work, just throwing my opinion our there... good job.

I may bring our special teams down. As far as we know, we don't have a stable punter or kicker. Our return corps is great, but I'm worried about our kicking and punting. While I think that our runningbacks are the best, you could make an argument for Dallas (maybe) or New York (much more maybe) being better than us in that department.

Totals

WAS - 36

NYG - 27

PHI - 24

DAL - 23

And this is exactly where I would drop you guys a spot or two. I don't think you're 13 pts. ahead of Dallas using this system. Carlos Rogers/Shawn Springs > T. New A. Henry? I think it's pretty safe to say that the scoring will be based upon who you're a fan of.

Our D-line is better than NY. They have a DE w/ only one good year, and another who is aging. After that, who are their DT's? Other than that, I'd take special teams down one spot, WR group after Dallas (just for the sake of being objective), Linebackers needs to have Philly in front, then Washington, then Dallas, then NY. Others will disagree, but Philly has the best depth and most experience, Washington has Marcus and Marshall, McIntosh/Holdman are a question mark. Dallas, has Ayodele and Ware will be improved, Carpenter is a question mark. NY has Pierce, but LA is a question mark and who is their other OLB anyway?

Our D-line is better than NY. They have a DE w/ only one good year, and another who is aging. After that, who are their DT's? Other than that, I'd take special teams down one spot, WR group after Dallas (just for the sake of being objective), Linebackers needs to have Philly in front, then Washington, then Dallas, then NY. Others will disagree, but Philly has the best depth and most experience, Washington has Marcus and Marshall, McIntosh/Holdman are a question mark. Dallas, has Ayodele and Ware will be improved, Carpenter is a question mark. NY has Pierce, but LA is a question mark and who is their other OLB anyway?

the gaints might have the best linebackers in our divison you should move them up not down

Our D-line is better than NY. They have a DE w/ only one good year, and another who is aging. After that, who are their DT's?

Thats a pretty negative breakdown of their line. Its pretty easy to be negativly subjective about our line like that too. For example one could easily say we have one DE that has been a perennial underachiever (Carter) and another that has only played half a season of good football (Daniels). Griffs career has been marked by inconsistancy and no one outside of DC knows big Joe just like you don't know the Giant's DTs.

In my opinion the Giant's DEs are much better than ours and we probably have the edge on the DTs (although I will admit I don't know much about their tackles).

Just my :2cents:

Quarterback ---- PHI, DAL, WAS, NYG - Eli will be a monster soon

Wide Recievers - WAS, DAL, NYG, PHI - Through entire depth chart we take it

Runningbacks --- WAS, DAL, NYG, PHI - Cartwright, Portis, Betts good, Julius Jones and Marion Barber over Tiki and his crew

Offensive Line - PHI, WAS, NYG, DAL - I think dallas' Oline takes a lot of heat just because Drew holds onto the ball for a second too long

Safeties ------- WAS, PHI, DAL, NYG

Cornerbacks ---- DAL, WAS, PHI, NYG

Special Teams -- PHI, DAL, NYG, WAS

Washington 32

Dallas 29

Philadelphia 27

NYG 22

Yet, in my predicitions for the division I have it going WAS, DAL, NYG, PHI...

Maybe we'll ask Tiki what excuse he used when you guys got shut out in the playoffs at home.

Here's a good line my Cowboys fan buddy uses when he is talking football with Giants fans:

Cowboys fan: How many points did we score in the playoffs?

Giants Fan: None, you weren't in the playoffs

Cowboys fan: We scored the same amount as you.

And this is exactly where I would drop you guys a spot or two. I don't think you're 13 pts. ahead of Dallas using this system. Carlos Rogers/Shawn Springs > T. New A. Henry? I think it's pretty safe to say that the scoring will be based upon who you're a fan of.

This system is completely flawed. It is irrelevant how good an individual unit is compared to an opponent. How teams play together as complete units is the only thing that really matters. People don't give near enough credit to coaching and/or depth in these kinds of rankings. It doesn't matter what NFL players you have if you have a bad defensive scheme. Give me Gregg Williams and I think I will do okay on the defensive side of the ball.

This system is completely flawed. It is irrelevant how good an individual unit is compared to an opponent. How teams play together as complete units is the only thing that really matters. People don't give near enough credit to coaching and/or depth in these kinds of rankings. It doesn't matter what NFL players you have if you have a bad defensive scheme. Give me Gregg Williams and I think I will do okay on the defensive side of the ball.

You're exactly right. The only purpose of this type of comparison is to gauge starting talent on the 4 teams. It does not mean any TEAM is better than the other. Also, some positions may be much more important, like QB.

Philly has by far the best QB in the division, but he has by far the worst receivers and RBs to play with...

The only thing I would change is the offensive line. I think we have the 2nd best line in the division after philly. Everything else seems about right.

:doh: Philly?

they ranked 27 in rushing, 11th in most sacks allowed,only 3.9 YPC, and they are replacing 1 maybe 2 starters, and could be starting a rookie

Philly isn't even the 2nd best OL in the NFC East

The Redskins were dominate the second half last season, Almost half of all the sacks the skins gave up last season were in 3 of the first 4 games (when Rabach was adjusting, and Jansen had two broken thumbs) and the last five reg. season games we had 5 straight 100 yard games by Portis, (1 by Rock) and only gave up 2 sacks! that was against 3 NFC East foes, and 3 games on the road. KC Joyner's position ranking had Samuels #1 and Dockery #6 in blocking efficiency and Jansen & Thomas weren't far off the top ten, and he said in a recent chat the Skins were probably the best blocking most efficient OL in the NFL

:doh: Philly?

they ranked 27 in rushing, 11th in most sacks allowed,only 3.9 YPC, and they are replacing 1 maybe 2 starters, and could be starting a rookie

Philly isn't even the 2nd best OL in the NFC East

The Redskins were dominate the second half last season, Almost half of all the sacks the skins gave up last season were in 3 of the first 4 games (when Rabach was adjusting, and Jansen had two broken thumbs) and the last five reg. season games we had 5 straight 100 yard games by Portis, (1 by Rock) and only gave up 2 sacks! that was against 3 NFC East foes, and 3 games on the road. KC Joyner's position ranking had Samuels #1 and Dockery #6 in blocking efficiency and Jansen & Thomas weren't far off the top ten, and he said in a recent chat the Skins were probably the best blocking most efficient OL in the NFL

Get 'em, Bubba.

Runningbacks --- WAS, NYG, PHI, DAL

Tight Ends ----- DAL, WAS, NYG, PHI

Defensive Line - NYG, WAS, DAL, PHI - Washington may exceed the Giants

Linebackers ---- WAS, DAL, NYG, PHI

Totals

WAS - 36

NYG - 27

PHI - 24

DAL - 23

QB - PHI, NYG, WAS, DAL

RB - WAS, NYG, DAL, PHI

WR - DAL, WAS, NYG, PHI

TE - DAL, WAS, NYG, PHI

OL - WAS, PHI, NYG, DAL

DL - NYG, PHI, WAS, DAL

LB - NYG, WAS, DAL, PHI

Safeties - WAS, PHI, DAL, NYG

CB - PHI, DAL, WAS, NYG

ST - DAL, NYG, WAS, PHI

CS - WAS, DAL, PHI, NYG

Totals