Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers--Love him or Hate him? (Merged)

ChampSkinsFanatic

:whoknows: :whoknows: Y would anyone need to sell you....are you jerry gray(grey?) just sit back and watch the boy play, you will appriciate him more every game.:helmet: the kid really is solid

are you kidding me. Hes gotten toasted about 4 times tonight alone. He is always 2-3 steps behing his man.

My facts?

Umm ok how about the fact that he got burned there and had no play on the ball and they scored a TD on us and now were losing!

Are those facts good enough for you?

Okay so your saying that he sucks because he got burnt on the touchdown?

Hes a good cover corner and is an excellent tackler.

Ray Lewis missed a tackle yesterday, guess he sucks too, right?

Not helping is the fact that the D-Line is being hammered by Hutchinson and the Crew. If you give Johnson time, he will make the wise decision, plus you know the D-Line is being crushed when Chester Taylor can slice though both Griffin and Daniels. I point it as 50/50 to Carlos and the fact that the D-Line cannot establish a firm pass rush.

You need to pay attention to Carlos Rogers more then. I see him being a Poor Mans Champ Bailey. The only thing really missing is he needs to improve a bit more on his coverage againts speedy recievers and in zone coverage. He is already an excellent tackler who can even take down people like Lorenzo Neal.

But I think this season will really tell us what kind of potiential he really has. I've been really impressed on how smart Carlos Rogers is on the football field during plays.

I will give Rogers the benefit of the doubt, but jeesh this game for him is horrible. can't tackle, can't cover, can;t catch.

We cant blitz enough because Springs is out and these other corners cant play man to save their lives. Otherwise you know Williams would send Archuleta

its not only that , our d-line gets NO pressure , it all starts there and it boggles me to think williams system calls for corners to be put on islands to create pressure with other players , then why dont we get solid corners? springs is great but he is getting old and he wont play a full season , maybe we will have him 9 games this year , rogers isnt number 1 or even number 2 material in my eyes , he got roasted .... who else do we have?

The only play that sticks out in my head is the play in Seattle when he could have intercepted the ball and took it to the house but didnt. Why should I be confident that we dont need to look for another corner.

I dont have the same confidence in him that I usually have in our corners like Green, Bailey, Smoot, Springs.

He is a good hard hitter, but his cover skills seem suspect at times.

:doh: Carlos Rogers is a joke and borderline BUST. He has done nothing but get torched in the preseason and now its spilling over in the regular season. Does Gregg really think he would really be able to check T.O or Terry Glenn?

He got run over on more than 5 plays, then gives up a touchdown on third down. But the part that really PISSES me off is when the play a rap song and he

is dancing like he is at the club. You are at work SON!!!

You have not earned anything, you are not a shutdown corner! Yet you dance and come to the sideline smiling with Shawn Springs...I'm really losing my patience with this guy!! He got torched all preseason and now he gets torched and run over when it counts!!!

This is unacceptable...I guarantee that Carlos Rogers will fake an injury in the Cowboys game...Mark my words!!!

You Stink Carlos!!!:doh:

Archived