Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rediculous to deny Dallas is.........

misterfan

I have been reading all these Dallas vs Wash threads for months now, and its truly amazing how many homers just shield themselves from reality.

Sure the Skins have improved and could go to the Superbowl, but to discredit Dallas and that offense by saying that Terry Glenn is not a good receiver or Terrell Owens is over the hill or whatever. Just plain naive or silly.

Terry Glenn had 7 TD's last year. Thats more than Santana Moss had. Terry Glenn had an 18 yard per reception average. Thats awesome. The guy is just plain dangerous. He is a long ball threat and is very similar to Moss.

Then you add Terrell Owens who is more than capable of catching 100 balls and 14 TD passes and you have a deadly pass attack.

Just leave the insults at home when trying to analyze Dallas. I hate the Cowboys, but I don't have blinders on. That is going to be a solid team and they are more than capable of beating the Skins in week number 2. Personally I think the Skins win the division but I am biased. Regardless, Dallas and the Skins are the 2 best teams in the NFC. One of them is probably going to the Superbowl.

However the Cowboys have an poor o-line, the defense is not what it used to be. Moss had 9 tds, and Glenn had 7. I don't know how they teach math in Alexandria, but in Leesburg, 9 is more than 7. TO will add a threat to their O, but it is not comprimised of just those 2 players. Brunell is similar to Bledsoe, but I'd take Mark over Drew, anyday.

I don't think people are just basing it off of the factors of TO and Glenn alone. I think looking at the entire team, Dallas has some major holes that don't make them look so great. I think they'll have a good year. But I don't think they'll be as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be, just because they have TO, doesn't make them a SB contender.

Its been a long day. So I was sleepy and made a 4 TD error. Somehow in your mind that makes Terry Glenn and T.O. less dangerous? You are certainly a homer. Thats one point I didn't error on.

Damn dude you still got your math all ****ed up. I think you're just trying to get a rise out of people. But whatever.

I never said either are any less dangerous. They both are, but 2 players don't make the team. Bledsoe can't get them the ball if he doesn't have a reliable O-Line. They've got some holes and some problems. They're not as good as people are making them. Not saying they wont be good. But I think people are giving them too much credit.

I have been reading all these Dallas vs Wash threads for months now, and its truly amazing how many homers just shield themselves from reality.
I agree with you that Dallas is a team to be feared, especially considering how hungry they will be because of the way we beat them last year. However, I think you should get your facts straight before talking about people shielding themselves from "reality."

Terry Glenn had 7 TD's last year. Thats more than Santana Moss had.

Not true, Santana Moss had 9 TD's.
Then you add Terrell Owens who is more than capable of catching 100 balls and 14 TD passes and you have a deadly pass attack.
More than capable? In ten seasons, he has only caught 14 TD's three times. Only once did he have 100 catches (3 years ago). Never in TO's ten year career has he done both in a single season.

the defense is not what it used to be.

can you tell me what you mean by that? I am not sure i ub=nderstand, considering they were very good last year, are you saying "used to be" as in last season? So what makes them worse off (on Def.) then last season? Just curious.....or do you mean "used to be"...as in 2003 when they were #1 in the NFL?

Sure the Skins have improved and could go to the Superbowl, but to discredit Dallas and that offense by saying that Terry Glenn is not a good receiver or Terrell Owens is over the hill or whatever. Just plain naive or silly.

Terry Glenn had 7 TD's last year. Thats more than Santana Moss had. Terry Glenn had an 18 yard per reception average. Thats awesome. The guy is just plain dangerous. He is a long ball threat and is very similar to Moss.

Just leave the insults at home when trying to analyze Dallas. I hate the Cowboys, but I don't have blinders on. That is going to be a solid team and they are more than capable of beating the Skins in week number 2. Personally I think the Skins win the division but I am biased. Regardless, Dallas and the Skins are the 2 best teams in the NFC. One of them is probably going to the Superbowl.

you know if this was 7 on 7 you might have a point, ya might wanna know a little about the game before ya go calling people silly, as peyton would say, they have protection issues. while glenn and owens are both good recievers neither of them stay healthy very long. if you are hell bent on worrying about the cowboys you should think about witten, he is their best player, doesnt have the hype like the rest but he is the only cowboy id want on our team.(oh yah and roy williams, as a linebacker)

marion barber is also a solid back, crayton also has a habit of flying under the radar and then jumping up to bite ya.

can you tell me what you mean by that? I am not sure i ub=nderstand, considering they were very good last year, are you saying "used to be" as in last season? So what makes them worse off (on Def.) then last season? Just curious.....or do you mean "used to be"...as in 2003 when they were #1 in the NFL?

I am sort of basing it off of both. I think I mean you guys have a young core. But I think that it's going to take time before they really become the D they were in '03. Right now, it seems like it's in a transitional phase. Not that it's a bad thing. But I think that the D needs some work.

Guys, the whole NFC East is going to be nasty. Sucks that once the Skins are coming around, so is every other team, and the Eagles will be back. It would be nice to be in a softer division, ala the NFC West or the NFC North. ****, any team in the NFC East would probably go 13-3 or better in those ****ty ass divisions.

Wow.

The Cowboys have OL issues, they have some RB concerns healthwise and certainly Bledsoe, with both of those factors, isnt the guy I would want tossing the rock.

On D they are relying on a lot of young guys to really step up and bring it. I am not sold that they will.

Its been a long day. So I was sleepy and made a 4 TD error. Somehow in your mind that makes Terry Glenn and T.O. less dangerous? You are certainly a homer. Thats one point I didn't error on.

Error ain't a verb my man. ;) But thats not the point...

Point is, yeah we are very homerish here. So is pretty much every other fan site on the internet. I'm sure whatever Cowboys board you frequent is no better. How many posts over there are there about how the free agents we "overspent" on are going to fail, how Brunell is worthless, how Moss was a one year wonder, how losing Lavar will cripple us, etc. If you don't like it, leave. I dont frequent other teams boards (and I really dont see the appeal to it) but there are plenty of guys who don't seem to mind too much. :cheers:

However the Cowboys have an poor o-line, the defense is not what it used to be.

The OL was pretty good before Adams got injured in game 7 of last season.

Defense not what it used to be?

The Skins finished ranked 9th in total defense (297.9/ yards/ game).

The Cows finished ranked 10th in total defense (300.9/ yards/ game).

Dallas started 2 rookies on defense last season! They suffered alot more injuries on that side of the ball last season, than Washington did. That is a very young defense and they're all adapting to a new scheme (3-4)......... they're not declining!! They're only gonna get better!!!!! The Skins defense on the other hand, is getting quite old!!

Moss had 9 tds, and Glenn had 7. I don't know how they teach math in Alexandria, but in Leesburg, 9 is more than 7.

Actually, you're only half right smart-ass........ Glenn had 8 TD's last year (7 recieving and 1 rushing)

I don't think people are just basing it off of the factors of TO and Glenn alone. I think looking at the entire team, Dallas has some major holes that don't make them look so great.

The Redskins have as many or more "holes" than Dallas.

The Cowboys lack depth and talent at the OL, but they can get by.

The Redkins lack depth and talent on the DL, but they can also get by. Dallas has a glaring hole at the FS position, lots of question marks there.

I question the Washington's LB's as a whole, Marshall and Washington are good, but who will fill the other OLB spot? What if a starter goes down? The Skins are very thin at LB!

I think they'll have a good year. But I don't think they'll be as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be, just because they have TO, doesn't make them a SB contender.

If the Redskins are SuperBowl contenders, then so is Dallas! Our teams are very evenly matched. Dallas did beat alot of good teams last year.

1913595873-thumb.gif

TO.... do we forget what he did for Philly last year? Am I mistaken that between injuries AND TO, that Philly Imploded?

Yes, I like the hype that I see on behalf the skins.

Patten is looking great, Lloyd is looking great, ARE is looking solid. Moss.... he doesnt needed any hype. Cooley, will probably get fewer passes than last year, but he was key for us last year, and I expect him to still be there when we call his number. Portis and Betts... both looking solid.

NFC EAST is again gonna be a tough division, as it normally is.

At this point, I'll concede your point that Dallas ( as well as NYG and Philly ) aren't gonna be pushovers this year....

BUT some of the media seem to think Dallas is gonna run away with the division this year....I doubt it.

It's July, it is the time of year to be optimistic about your team, this is a redskin site, we ARE looking good atm. IMHO we are looking better than the cowboys. Prior to any DAL/WAS gametime kickoff, we ALL know it's gonna be a rough game, even if one team is undefeated and the other is winless. It's the best rivalry in the NFL imo. And man do we ever hate it when we lose to Dallas, and do we ever love it when we win.

But I'm looking at Dallas... and it looks to me as a week 8 ish type deal.

Come week 7, TO is either gonna be sainted in Dallas, or will be hung.

I'd be betting he's gonna do to dallas, EXACTLY what he did to Philly, and that's destroy the morale of the team.

Defense not what it used to be?

The Skins finished ranked 9th in total defense (297.9/ yards/ game).

The Cows finished ranked 10th in total defense (300.9/ yards/ game).

Dallas started 2 rookies on defense last season! They suffered alot more injuries on that side of the ball last season, than Washington did. That is a very young defense and they're all adapting to a new scheme (3-4)......... they're not declining!! They're only gonna get better!!!!!

Thats the point i was going to make. Dallas wont have to depend on as many young guys this year as they did last season. 10th in total D last season, and they are improved (better FS) A solid ILB (Akin Ayedele) and more mature and experienced pass rushers. (Canty, Spears, and Ware)

Both teams are good on paper and both are well coached. I do see it being very close with some injuries & luck being the determining factor.

Tthey're not declining!! They're only gonna get better!!!!! The Skins defense on the other hand, is getting quite old!!

Quite old??? Leave it to a troll to make this kind of comment. Whatever bro...Shawn Springs at his current age is better than most corners in the NFL. :)

Actually, you're only half right smart-ass........ Glenn had 8 TD's last year (7 recieving and 1 rushing)

I guarantee that Moss + Lloyd + ARE's total TDs this year eclipses Glenn, TO and Crayton's. I GUARAN-****ING-TEE it.

The Redskins have as many or more "holes" than Dallas.

The Cowboys lack depth and talent at the OL, but they can get by.

The Redkins lack depth and talent on the DL, but they can also get by. Dallas has a glaring hole at the FS position, lots of question marks there.

I question the Washington's LB's as a whole, Marshall and Washington are good, but who will fill the other OLB spot? What if a starter goes down? The Skins are very thin at LB!

:laugh: The Redskins have as many "holes" as Dallas?? LMFAO.

ANd then, as if to prove how little you know about our team, you say DL lacks depth and talent.....LMAO. DL is one of our strengths this season, SON!!! :laugh:

The next strongest position on the defense?? LINEBACKER. Figures you would call that out as well....:laugh: MW is one of the best OLBs in the league, and Marshall is more than serviceable. OLB will be manned by a healthy, confident Warrick Holdman. FYI -- don't be surprised if WH has 100+ tackles this season.

If the Redskins are SuperBowl contenders, then so is Dallas! Our teams are very evenly matched. Dallas did beat alot of good teams last year.

Man...that acid you're on must be POTENT. Mark it down, take a picture, whatever you have to do, but remeber this: THE COWGIRLS ARE NOT SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS. Not even close. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

Quite old??? Leave it to a troll to make this kind of comment. Whatever bro...Shawn Springs at his current age is better than most corners in the NFL. :).

Yep, Springs is playing very good these days, i wont deny that.

I guarantee that Moss + Lloyd + ARE's total TDs this year eclipses Glenn, TO and Crayton's. I GUARAN-****ING-TEE it..

I'll love to see this thread week 17 of the 2006 season. I wont GUARANTEE it, but its more likley that your wrong on that one. I'll most definitly bookmark that comment.

:laugh: The Redskins have as many "holes" as Dallas?? LMFAO...

Your right...on paper it appears that the skins have less holes then Dallas.....

The next strongest position on the defense?? LINEBACKER. Figures you would call that out as well....:laugh: MW is one of the best OLBs in the league, and Marshall is more than serviceable. OLB will be manned by a healthy, confident Warrick Holdman. FYI -- don't be surprised if WH has 100+ tackles this season.

come on you guys do have some decent LB's...but dont over hype Marshall and Holdman

Man...that acid you're on must be POTENT. Mark it down, take a picture, whatever you have to do, but remeber this: THE COWGIRLS ARE NOT SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS. Not even close. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

I thought it was up to the so-called trolls like myself to make statements like that one.......thats just shows your ignorance now doesnt it.......and arent we all (well outside of the lions and Cardinals) contenders in July?

.......and arent we all (well outside of the lions and Cardinals) contenders in July?

I'm not sure but isnt it more like

Except for the Packers, Lions, 49er's, Bills, Texans, and the Titans, aren't we all contenders in July?

Cardinals.... well thank goodness for them they got out of the NFC east... sooner or later they will be due, maybe after their owner passes control over...

I think what is going to separate the Skins from Dallas this year is coaching, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Before his arrival in Washington. I could go to a lot of Cowboy boards and read Cowboy fans beg for their franchise to bring in Al Saunders to "fix" their offense. Of course when the Skins signed him that pick-up in Cowboy fans minds became moot and irrelevant. Though I think it is going to carry the most relevance this season, more so than any player on the field. We'll see.

Archived