Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rediculous to deny Dallas is.........

misterfan

The unmistakable misspelling in your title indicated you have nothing intelligent to say. Your post confirmed it.

No true Redskins fan dismisses Dallas' talent; that would be absurd. They are a good team. Even if they weren't strong, anything can happen on any given week. They're good. We're better. That's all anyone can say until September.

Okay tell me what teams have TO ripped and if their name is the Redskins. Right the Redskins are a different team when it comes to, not exactly shutting down receivers, when it comes to TO. Also remember GW wasn't in San Fran and did not Coach Carter and no Coaches don't make plays but through leadership and ability they can darn sure influence it.

So the players around Carter are a lot better,too. And once Carter and the rest of the "D" gets behind closed doors there's no telling what messages are being articulated. Remember leadership and motivating people is not always about what you say but it's more about how you say it that impacts and provides winning results.

So Carter is better by virtue of (1) the Coaches and 2 the system and 3 the players....so let's not get a head of the, well, "cart" before the horse. Again , Carter will run circles around those OTs and by the 3d QTR Dallas' will collapse. Hell, Dallas' OTs couldn't even run with Wynn...not taking anything away from Wynn but he was the first name that crossed my mind on the DL and we do have Depth across the DL ask , well, Killings. Evans is also not a bum/slouch ...hey go back and look at the film.

Come to think about it whose depth on the DL would you take Dallas' or the Redskins. Actually, who's depth at any position on Dallas' team would you take over the Skins? Before you answer that , let me say this: don't listen to handicappers and media outlets because none of them had Barbaro to win the Derby this year and he won by 6th lengths and last year they damn sure didn't have Giacomo.

Okay we can start at the QB position let's say Collins matches up with whom? Oh, better yet lets say Campbell who on Dallas' QB depth matches up with Campbell. No we haven't seen them play yet....but lets say for heavenn sake. Bottom line is if you're a Cow Poke when you play the Skins you're getting smoked! And no, don't start trying to see who matches up with Rock Cartwright on Dallas' RB depth chart.....I'm telling you hey just take sometime and go down the line/rosters. :munchout:

Its been a long day. So I was sleepy and made a 4 TD error. Somehow in your mind that makes Terry Glenn and T.O. less dangerous? You are certainly a homer. Thats one point I didn't error on.

Wow, I think you're still a little sleepy... cranky

btw... 9 - 6 = 3 Therefore you made a 3 TD error, not a 4 TD error. Resulting in an error regaurding your error.

Ridiculous, not rediculous.

Very nice post, Bubba -- some very good points. I haven't seen any Cowboy fans reply to it yet. I'd like to hear what they have to say.

OK I'll take a stab at it:

They gave up 49 sacks last season, and despite running the ball more than any team in the NFL last season

The Cowboys OL actually performed well early in the season but fell apart after Flo went down. Rob Pettiti was a rookie OT who was nowhere near ready to start in the NFL. Parcells had expected Jacob Rogers, the 2nd round pick in 04, to take that job but when Jake turned out to be a huge p**** and was cut, Rob got thrown into the deep end. Not having a veteran RT as an insurance policy ended up being a catastrophic mistake by Bill.

When Flo was playing though, Parcells could help Rob on almost every play whether it was a TE or RB chipping or a straight double team. After Flo went down, Bill no longer had that luxury. With the human turnstile, Torrin Tucker, at LT he had to help both sides. This too often kept Witten out of the pattern and the max protect schemes became too easy to defend. Bledsoe was a sitting target.

With Flo returning and Pettiti with a year under his belt (not to mention an entirely new physique thanks to an offseason of working his arse off), the tackles should be much more reliable. Throw Fabini in the mix as a seasoned veteran backup and Marc Columbo who is a former 1st round pick who's healthy for the first time in years, and the Boys will be much improved on the outside.

Oh but Adams returniung... Whoopee!! he is inconstant, and is coming off a season ending injury.

Back to back Pro Bowls seem to indicate he wasn't as inconsistent as you think. Flo, when healthy and motivated, is an excellent LT.

He no longer has his long time partner in Larry Allen, who cover many of Big Flo's mistakes.

This just kills your credibility. LA hadn't covered for anyone's mistakes in 2 years (including his own). If anything it was Flo and Al Johnson picking up LA's slack last year.

Rivera was a turnstile last season, and no where near the same as he was in his packer glory days, with his age & back problems it's hard to imagine he suddenly has a resurgence to his former talent level.

Marco herniated a disk on a treadmill in mid-summer last year. It's hard to believe a guy who hadn't missed a start in 5 years could hurt himself jogging, but unfortunately it happened. His injury and subsequent surgery kept him from working out all off season. He showed up at camp without any of his usually superb strength and conditioning. He played at 50% all season and was shell of his former self. He has had a full offseason of work this summer though and he and the trainers say he's back to 100%. That's the same 100% that took him to Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl in GB. He'll play this season at 34 so he's no spring chicken but that's not unreasonably old for an OG and assuming his health is as improved as they say, he should be a significant upgrade.

Dallas at best has middle of the road serviceable lineman, and no depth at all, if someone goes down.

With Columbo and Fabini at tackle depth and former 1st day draft picks Andre Gurode and Stephen Peterman as their interior depth, they are much better protected against injury than last season.

It's also important to note that with the move to a 2 TE base formation, the Boys will be able to throw many more protection schemes at opposing D's. Both could stay in to block, both could go into the pattern, one could drop into the backfield and block from the H-back, etc. There are many wrinkles this formation can throw at you but when it comes down to it, this formation is designed to better protect the QB.

If I was a poke fan (shudder) I would be scared to death about the OL

The only thing we're afraid of is injury which after looking at the Skins "depth" chart should be a concern for us all.

I have been reading all these Dallas vs Wash threads for months now, and its truly amazing how many homers just shield themselves from reality.

Sure the Skins have improved and could go to the Superbowl, but to discredit Dallas and that offense by saying that Terry Glenn is not a good receiver or Terrell Owens is over the hill or whatever. Just plain naive or silly.

Terry Glenn had 7 TD's last year. Thats more than Santana Moss had. Terry Glenn had an 18 yard per reception average. Thats awesome. The guy is just plain dangerous. He is a long ball threat and is very similar to Moss.

Then you add Terrell Owens who is more than capable of catching 100 balls and 14 TD passes and you have a deadly pass attack.

Just leave the insults at home when trying to analyze Dallas. I hate the Cowboys, but I don't have blinders on. That is going to be a solid team and they are more than capable of beating the Skins in week number 2. Personally I think the Skins win the division but I am biased. Regardless, Dallas and the Skins are the 2 best teams in the NFC. One of them is probably going to the Superbowl.

this is just disgusting...seriously.

:dallasuck

Head to Google.com. In the little box at the top of the page, type "Cowboy message board." Do a quick search of posts around the time that Owens was signed. With all due respect, if you can't find a plethora of posts gushing about how Owens pretty much guarantees a Super Bowl, you are lazy.

True, both teams have holes. The Redskins have holes in the form a depth at a few positions. Meanwhile, Dallas is full of holes of the "A" variety.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

The OL was pretty good before Adams got injured in game 7 of last season.

Not true. I believe by that point they had already given up atleast 20 sacks. thats far from pretty good

EDIT: 27 sacks after game 7

EDIT: Wrong stats from bad site

Not true. I believe by that point they had already given up atleast 20 sacks. thats far from pretty good

EDIT: 27 sacks after game 7

Flozell went down on October 16. There were only 5 games before that injury:

San Diego - 4 sacks

Washington - ZERO sacks

San Fran - 2 sacks

Oakland - 4 sacks

Philly - 0 sacks

BigDave You are right. The site i got them from was way off. Not sure how they came up with those. But you still only listed 5 games.

I didn't count the game in which Flo went down which was the 6th game against NY. Strahan had 2 sacks and Umenyiora had 1 but (I think) 2 of those were 4th quarter after Flo left the game.

Bottom line, the offensive line went to sh** after they lost Flo. Torrin Tucker was a disgrace which I'm sure you guys remember as he was waving Daniels through at the Fed Ex game. Assuming Flo is healthy, the unit will perform much better this season.

I have been reading all these Dallas vs Wash threads for months now, and its truly amazing how many homers just shield themselves from reality.

Sure the Skins have improved and could go to the Superbowl, but to discredit Dallas and that offense by saying that Terry Glenn is not a good receiver or Terrell Owens is over the hill or whatever. Just plain naive or silly.

Terry Glenn had 7 TD's last year. Thats more than Santana Moss had. Terry Glenn had an 18 yard per reception average. Thats awesome. The guy is just plain dangerous. He is a long ball threat and is very similar to Moss.

Then you add Terrell Owens who is more than capable of catching 100 balls and 14 TD passes and you have a deadly pass attack.

Just leave the insults at home when trying to analyze Dallas. I hate the Cowboys, but I don't have blinders on. That is going to be a solid team and they are more than capable of beating the Skins in week number 2. Personally I think the Skins win the division but I am biased. Regardless, Dallas and the Skins are the 2 best teams in the NFC. One of them is probably going to the Superbowl.

this is just disgusting...seriously.

:dallasuck

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I mean, wow!, a Dallas thread. I hate these Cow Pukes I could just stay in my cubicle till Xmas and write about Dallas...and you waite till the Redskins find out what a bad boy you've been Dallas.....you'll be punished for life....bad, bad, bad boy! You're nothing but a bunch of jelly donut bandits.

The skins in 2004 did NOT have that good of O-line production and now after 2005 they are one of the best units in the NFC (behind Atl, Carolina and Seattle)......

Precisely - here's the difference: While the Skins did get Jansen back, like the Cowboys are getting Flo back, this unit has the one thing Dallas' unit can't possibly get: time to gel. This unit has played together for years now. Dallas is changing two stopgap starters on the line and do not have a line coach like Bugel. And Fabini is struggling to beat out Pettiti. What's the spin going to be if can't? NO offense is going to succeed w/o a good offensive line. I don't care who your QB, RB, WR etc etc is.

Last thing I remember about this rivalry was that it was the 4th qtr and the score was 35-0.

So, TO is worth 36 points a game?

Last time I remember this being a "real" rivalry it was 1997, then this happened:

11/16/97 - Cowboys 17, Redskins 14

10/04/98 - Cowboys 31, Redskins 10

12/27/98 - Cowboys 23, Redskins 7

09/12/99 - Cowboys 41, Redskins 35

10/24/99 - Cowboys 38, Redskins 20

09/18/00 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 21

12/10/00 - Cowboys 32, Redskins 13

10/15/01 - Cowboys 9, Redskins 7

12/02/01 - Cowboys 20, Redskins 14

11/28/02 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 20

12/29/02 - Redskins 20, Cowboys 14

11/02/03 - Cowboys 21, Redskins 14

12/14/03 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 0

09/27/04 - Cowboys 21, Redskins 18

12/26/04 - Cowboys 13, Redskins 10

Last time I remember this being a "real" rivalry it was 1997, then this happened:

So why'd you leave off 2005? Still pretending it didn't happen?

So why'd you leave off 2005? Still pretending it didn't happen?

Because those 15 games were the death of the "rivalry" and that was my point.

Plus, you guys talk about those last two games plenty. Way too much in fact... I guess you're still pretending the decade before that never happened.

It's posts like these that make 14-13 and 35-7 - with the playoffs on the line no less - all the sweeter!

I fully expect a home and home split - each home team will win this year. Both teams go on the road after a short week to play each other.

Yawwwwwwwn keep living in the past..

Because those 15 games were the death of the "rivalry" and that was my point.

Plus, you guys talk about those last two games plenty. Way too much in fact... I guess you're still pretending the decade before that never happened.

We beat you last season. Now we have bragging rights. Suck it up and stop being a pansy about it.

I fully expect a home and home split - each home team will win this year. Both teams go on the road after a short week to play each other.

I completely agree that the Boys and Skins split this year.

But I also think Dallas wins the division at 11-5 while Wash goes 10-6 and gets a wildcard. I don't expect many here to agree with that prediction though...

Archived