Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rediculous to deny Dallas is.........

misterfan

Congrats on those bragging rights. Going 3-14 over the last 17 is certainly something to be proud of :doh:

Neither is laying a big-fat egg to your hated division rival with the playoffs on the line and getting steamrolled 35-7.

If you want to dredge up the past - how bout you come talk to me when you guys beat the Skins in the playoffs mmmk?

Last time I remember this being a "real" rivalry it was 1997, then this happened:

11/16/97 - Cowboys 17, Redskins 14

10/04/98 - Cowboys 31, Redskins 10

12/27/98 - Cowboys 23, Redskins 7

09/12/99 - Cowboys 41, Redskins 35

10/24/99 - Cowboys 38, Redskins 20

09/18/00 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 21

12/10/00 - Cowboys 32, Redskins 13

10/15/01 - Cowboys 9, Redskins 7

12/02/01 - Cowboys 20, Redskins 14

11/28/02 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 20

12/29/02 - Redskins 20, Cowboys 14

11/02/03 - Cowboys 21, Redskins 14

12/14/03 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 0

09/27/04 - Cowboys 21, Redskins 18

12/26/04 - Cowboys 13, Redskins 10

I'm not the type the likes bringing up numbers and such. As a matter of fact I mentioned earlier in this thread that Skins fan need to move on from talking about the 35 -7 game. But it's posts like this, the 71 and 0 stat for Parcells going into the 4th quarter leading by 10 or more and the banner about how "Snyder may have bought them but We Own the Skins" that makes the way the 14-13 game went down that much sweeter.

I completely agree that the Boys and Skins split this year.

But I also think Dallas wins the division at 11-5 while Wash goes 10-6 and gets a wildcard. I don't expect many here to agree with that prediction though...

Why they going to win the division because they have TO ? :doh: Yeah, I guess they would be the favorites:rolleyes: . The fact is there is no clear cut winner in this division every one is pretty close. The division is pretty wide open because you have TO does not make you a clear cut winner.

Congrats on those bragging rights. Going 3-14 over the last 17 is certainly something to be proud of :doh:

3-14 against you doesn't matter as much as you think. We had a better record over that same span of time than the Cowboys did. We went to the playoffs in 99 and actually won a game. That streak is nice and all, but that's about the highlight of that span of time. You have nothing else to show for it. Just two cameo appearances in the playoffs. One and done. At least we win when we make the post season.

Wow. Another dallas vs. Skins thread, who'd a thunk it. Well since most of the players stuff has been done ad infinitum, not just here but in other threads as well, I might as well put in my :2cents: .

1. The dallas O-line is a big IF. Sorry, but it is. IF they gel, If they play up to past levels, they'll be good. Not great, but good. As for the Flozell defense, its not just sacks that make a good O-Line. Check the stats, the cowboys weren't exactly running the ball well with or without him. That tends to show up as the year progresses, hence the downhill run of the dallas offense.

2. Since literally everything else has been covered I'll point out what hasn't. Last time I checked, this is a coaches league. We have the better coaching hands down. Better OC, better DC. Better playcallers. At this point in time, the dallas coaching is still very much up in the air. Can any dallas fans tell me who will be calling plays on either side of the ball? Because no one has answered that question as of yet. All I've heard, and this has been said on multiple message boards, is that Zimmer is still learning the 3-4. Palmer is new to dallas and is a QB coach. That, plus losing the veteran presence and skills of Glover and Dat could cause issues for the dallas D. Again, a big IF.

3. What does help is the addition of TO. One thing though, a gifted WR is less likely to turn anyone into a SB contender. Upgrades at RB or QB will, because these players touch the ball alot, WR's can only touch the ball if 9-10 other players on the field do their job.

That being said, its going to be an absolute dogfight in the East this year. All of the teams have gotten better, all have great head coaches and all have upgraded weaknesses from last year. In the 1,000th predict the NFC East thread I posted this:

1. Washington 10-6

2. Philly 10-6

3. Dallas 10-6

4. New York 10-6

Most people probably took it as a joke, but I think it portrays exactly how tought the division is going to be. Injuries and close games will determine the outcome of this, the best division in the NFL. Taking any team lightly is a huge mistake. That goes for dallas, the Skins, the giants and the eagles.

Why they going to win the division because they have TO ? :doh: Yeah, I guess they would be the favorites:rolleyes: . The fact is there is no clear cut winner in this division every one is pretty close. The division is pretty wide open because you have TO does not make you a clear cut winner.

Where in the world did I say anything about TO?? Let me let you in on a little secret... the national media cares a TON more about the TO signing than the majority of real Cowboy fans. We're excited about this season because of the improvements on D like Ayodele, Carpenter, Coleman (please keep Moss in front of you)... a year under the belt for future stars like Spears, Canty, and Ware... a year experience playing the 3-4. We're excited about Vanderjagt, a kicker who won't cost us 2-3 games like Cortez did. We're excited about getting Flo and Rivera back from injury.

Yes, TO will help. But real Cowboy fans don't think that just that signing will put us in a Super Bowl.

:laugh: Why does T.O. have you guys so spooked? He didn't even mention T.O.. T.O. simply gives Dallas one of the best receivers and playmakers in the league but by no means is he a savior.

Can any dallas fans tell me who will be calling plays on either side of the ball? Because no one has answered that question as of yet.

All I've heard, and this has been said on multiple message boards, is that Zimmer is still learning the 3-4.

That, plus losing the veteran presence and skills of Glover and Dat could cause issues for the dallas D. Again, a big IF.

Parcells will be calling the offensive plays this year. No question. And he has plenty of experience and prior success calling plays.

Zimmer will be calling the bulk of the D. Now he's no Dick LeBeau but let's not pretend he's some fool who's still trying to learn the system. The unit was top 10 last year and has been #1 under Zimmer in the recent past.

Dat and Glover will be missed in the locker room but not on the field. Both were just too small for this scheme. They'd tried to avoid blockers instead of taking them on and that created holes. The subtraction of those two will help.

3-14 against you doesn't matter as much as you think. We had a better record over that same span of time than the Cowboys did. We went to the playoffs in 99 and actually won a game. That streak is nice and all, but that's about the highlight of that span of time. You have nothing else to show for it. Just two cameo appearances in the playoffs. One and done. At least we win when we make the post season.

Well said... :applause: Not to mention that in recent history, the Cowboys are only 5-3 against the Skins over the last four years...hardly anything to brag about.

I have been reading all these Dallas vs Wash threads for months now, and its truly amazing how many homers just shield themselves from reality.

Sure the Skins have improved and could go to the Superbowl, but to discredit Dallas and that offense by saying that Terry Glenn is not a good receiver or Terrell Owens is over the hill or whatever. Just plain naive or silly.

Terry Glenn had 7 TD's last year. Thats more than Santana Moss had. Terry Glenn had an 18 yard per reception average. Thats awesome. The guy is just plain dangerous. He is a long ball threat and is very similar to Moss.

Then you add Terrell Owens who is more than capable of catching 100 balls and 14 TD passes and you have a deadly pass attack.

Just leave the insults at home when trying to analyze Dallas. I hate the Cowboys, but I don't have blinders on. That is going to be a solid team and they are more than capable of beating the Skins in week number 2. Personally I think the Skins win the division but I am biased. Regardless, Dallas and the Skins are the 2 best teams in the NFC. One of them is probably going to the Superbowl.

Before I read the rest of this thread I must say good post, and then make predictions

You will be called idiot, Moron, Cowboys fan, and not a true Redskins fan.

someone will surely call you out on Moss having less TD's than Glenn because Moss had 9 to Glenns 7. But solid post none the less

Parcells will be calling the offensive plays this year. No question. And he has plenty of experience and prior success calling plays.

Zimmer will be calling the bulk of the D. Now he's no Dick LeBeau but let's not pretend he's some fool who's still trying to learn the system. The unit was top 10 last year and has been #1 under Zimmer in the recent past.

Dat and Glover will be missed in the locker room but not on the field. Both were just too small for this scheme. They'd tried to avoid blockers instead of taking them on and that created holes. The subtraction of those two will help.

While this defense will be one to contend with for years down the road, I think it'll take a step back before it goes forward - Ware had a nice rookie year, but ther was a long strech w/o a sack. Carpenter is a rookie, while promising, he is still a rookie - Ryan Leaf and Heath Shuler were promising once. I believe they will be good, but you never know - Arrington was so promising early in his career too. Last I heard Davis was still the starting FS, and Coleman was nothing special, neither was Ayodele.

I can't wait to hear how this all plays out...god it's going to bea great season...

I have been reading all these Dallas vs Wash threads for months now, and its truly amazing how many homers just shield themselves from reality.

Sure the Skins have improved and could go to the Superbowl...

I don't know about the rest of you, but this is where I stopped reading on the thread starter's original post.

Pot, the Kettle. Your post not only reveals you are a cowboys fan, but that you have no idea what you're talking about, which is the only thing that allowed you to put up a semi-coherent argument for the cowboys being a good team.

Does this count as idiot or moron? you decide

Last I heard Davis was still the starting FS, and Coleman was nothing special, neither was Ayodele.

Last you heard where?? Here on the skins board?

Coleman is nothing special and Davis might even keep the starting job but Coleman will be a very good nickel FS with good coverage skills and deep speed, things KD just doesn't have. His deficiencies in that area cost us games last year. I expect Coleman to contribute.

And Ayodele is a big, tough 100 tackle a season guy. He's just what we needed inside.

Dallas's O line is going to be their biggest weakness this year. They have nobody at right tackle and our starting left DE had 4 sacks against them in ONE game last year.

You realize those 4 sacks came against a backup LT right? That backup LT is no longer here. Adams will be back at LT and Daniels has never got a sack against him.

BTW Daniels was your starting RDE last year not left

wth? Our Defense was ranked #10 last year in year 1 of the 34 defense. We ranked a shade behind the Skins. We improved the D this year, and now its "not what it used to be"??

Now now BigD, I've seen you jump on other posters for such speculation. They MAY have improved their Defense. ;)

Archived