Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I was at Bailey's in Arlington. They had it on 3 bigass plamas. $5 cover, $2 Miller Lites. Somehow i spent $50. That championship fight just made me want to pound beer for some reason. :chug:

Somewhere on the UFC homepage, there is a list of every bar in America that is showing it. I asked the manager how much it costs for a bar to show it. $600.

I was at Summer's in Arlington. Cover was 10 bucks :/ which kind of sucked but they have more TVs then BestBuy and I had a blast.

I was at Summer's in Arlington. Cover was 10 bucks :/ which kind of sucked but they have more TVs then BestBuy and I had a blast.

That's where I normally go to watch it, but my bro was having a party, so I watched it at his place. I'm trying to get them to order some of the Pride events, but it doesn't look as though they are too interested.

I had no idea Bailey's showed it.

UFC 61 sucked bad. So so so so bad.

agreed. i wanted to see more ortiz/shamrock. while the stoppage may have been justified, it sucked that it was so short. and the sylvia fight was too long. i honestly stopped paying attention 1/2 way through the third round.

Burkman v Neer - best fight of the night. Good slams and well matched fighters. I laughed at Neer's tat of his own name on his back, some dude at the bar commented that it's so his boyfriend remembers his name. lol

both fighters had the "chick" target tats on their lower backs. my friends and i had a good time ripping on those guys.

it sucks that the ppv sucked so bad. at least my contribution to the party (the beer) wasn't wasted.

Just watched the youtube of the Ortiz/Shamrock fight (Thanks, Sunstone).

Ortiz kicked his ass plain and simple. It's the refs job to determine if someone is taking too many shots without defending, and you can't really see Shamrock's face while Tito is throwing those elbows.

That first elbow landed real clean ,though, and could have done some serious damage. Right when Tito starts wailing on him you can't really see his eyes, though, and the ref can. Clearly he saw enough to end it. I understand why some may feel they didn't get their money's worth but this is what the sport of cage fighting is all about. Of course you want to see a long drawn out battle but rarely can two guys wail on each other for 5 minutes and keep standing:laugh:

I remember the old days when Tank Abbot used to crush guys in the first minute. Then Frank Mir beat him in like 30 seconds or something with a toe hold, lol.

I look forward to seeing Forrest Griffin get back in the ring against Tito.

Zoed apparently you dont know jack about MMA fighting! You are the one who needs to lay off the pipe my friend. Ortiz still would have handled shamrock easily however he WAS NOT hurt by the elbows. The Silvia fight did not suck they both respected each others punching power a great deal and the Pit Bull mad a huge error by keeping it on his feet or the entire fight that is why he lost.

Took me a while to return to this thread but I must address paredskinsfanclub and his obvious lack of MMA knowledge.

Did you watch the replay's? Shamrock was getting ROCKED with the elbows and didn't try to defend himself at all. If you know jack about MMA you have to intelligently defend yourself. When the last Arlovski/Silvia fight was stopped Andre was at least blocking his face and it was still stopped. ShamROCKED didn't block any of Tito's elbows at all, not one, zero, nada my friend. I guess the ref should have let Tito drop 5 more on him before he stopped it just to prove he was hurt. :doh:

This main event did suck if you like MMA in the least. No one paid to watch a freaking boxing match where two people chased each other around the ring "respecting" each other. I watch MMA to see people swing for the fences, take downs, big knee's, submissions, kicks and knockouts. Not to mention these two guys are heavyweights and you expect to see bombs being dropped while leaving it all in the octagon. The only thing left in the octagon we're their pillows and pj's after that snooze fest.

Dude I was watching UFC when you were still shooting blanks, don't tell me I don't know jack.

while i agree with that shamrock was getting pounded and that he's over-the-hill, i still think the fight was stopped way too early (lets be honest, none of us watch this sport for civility; we want to see brutality). shamrock built his reputation on being able to take a pounding. take a look at his epic fight against the great don frye; shamrock survived one hell of a barrage from frye, found a way to reverse and went the distance. and, oh yeah, if the ref had stopped this fight, the fans would have missed out on another great fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gf_HCrYDdI

while i agree with that shamrock was getting pounded and that he's over-the-hill, i still think the fight was stopped way too early (lets be honest, none of us watch this sport for civility; we want to see brutality). shamrock built his reputation on being able to take a pounding. take a look at his epic fight against the great don frye; shamrock survived one hell of a barrage from frye, found a way to reverse and went the distance. and, oh yeah, if the ref had stopped this fight, the fans would have missed out on another great fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gf_HCrYDdI

That was Ken then and this is Ken now. Did you see his face after the last fight with Tito. The guy's head looked like a hedge apple. I think if it would have been Tito against a younger fighter you may have seen it go a little further.

I agree with Tito though. He said Ken went limp after the first big elbow. If you watch it in slow mo it looks like it did in fact go slack and then he didn't try to defend himself for four or five straight elbows after that. Maybe it was stopped an elbow or two too soon but I don't think Ken could have taken much more.

That was Ken then and this is Ken now. Did you see his face after the last fight with Tito. The guy's head looked like a hedge apple. I think if it would have been Tito against a younger fighter you may have seen it go a little further.

I agree with Tito though. He said Ken went limp after the first big elbow. If you watch it in slow mo it looks like it did in fact go slack and then he didn't try to defend himself for four or five straight elbows after that. Maybe it was stopped an elbow or two too soon but I don't think Ken could have taken much more.

let the fighters settle it in the ring between themselves. no one is paying good money to see the outcome determined by the judgment of the referee. if tito was going to KO shamrock, then lets see it; not talk about what might have been. otherwise, lets just go back to the traditional combat sports like wrestling and boxing.

• 3 weeks later...
II will be pulling for Chuck to beat Sobral this month. I really want to see Wanderlei come to the UFC and crush Liddell. If anyone could hurt him it would be the Axe-Murderer. Guy is a monster.

Hmmm, Chuck has at the very least a "puncher's chance". He can knock out anybody, bar none. While I used to think that Wandy was simply a superior fighter, I believe Chuck has finally peaked, and may give Silva a run for his money. Should be an excellent fight. :cheers:

Vitor Belfort beat the guy now he's gonna beat Chuck lol :laugh:

When Vitor has his head together, he is a GREAT (not good, GREAT) fighter. I think his sister's kidnapping/murder really messed him. Now that her body has been found and buried, I think he is concentrating more on his skills, and could very well make a name for himself once again. Anyone that watched the last Pride PPV saw what he's capable of.

Vitor Belfort beat the guy now he's gonna beat Chuck lol :laugh:

And Rampage beat Chuck, and Wandy beat Rampage twice.

"A fight's a fight, anything can happen." Vitor Belfort.

Vitor did beat Wandy this is true, but that one fight doesn't define a fighter.

From what I have seen Wandy is a better fighter now than anyone out there in that division.

But it's like the NFL...."on any given Sunday" with these fighters.

I've seen fighters so dominate over another fighter, but just one lucky and I do mean lucky swing won the fight for the fighter with far less skill.

Exactly, Sunstone. Not to mention since Wandy lost to Belfort he's been on an absolute tear. That fight was eight years ago, too. Since 1998, Wandy has gone 26 and 3, including losing a controversial decision to Mark Hunt in a fight everyone who saw thought he had won.

Since 1998 Belfort hasn't done anything close to what Wandy has done.

Point is, Wandy could knock out Liddell just as easy as Belfort knocked out Takahashi.

When is the last time you really saw Liddell take one on the chin? Don't get me wrong, Liddell is a great fighter, but he's only human. If anyone can touch him on the chin it would be Wandy. Guy is on another level.

Don't get me wrong, Liddell is a great fighter, but he's only human. If anyone can touch him on the chin it would be Wandy. Guy is on another level.

I totally agree - Wandy totally amazes me each time I see him fight. This fight will definitely be a good one that I can't wait for.

It's been very interesting to watch how both the UFC and Pride have evolved over the years.

Someone change the title into MMA Thread. Like the wrestling one. Oh yeah I'm thinking about upping the Lidell-Rampage fight for you people who never saw it.

Well looks like Cro Cop might pull out of the OWGP. I really wanted to see this Cro Cop - Wand bout. I downloaded their orig but couldn't get down with the K1 esque round system.

This is the source http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...04977/index.do

I'm still can't belive it.!!!!!!!!!

The article is in croatian, so i'm gonna translate the most important part.

Cro Cop is angry.But not with Wanderlei Silva but with DSE.DSE has refused to pay Mirko what he wants so he won't participate in the GP."We couldn't make a deal so on monday i'm leaving to Pula on well deserved vacation.I don't care how others solve this problems,but i won't give up my principles, and they say i'm to exspensive to them.I just want to be paid for the risk I take.

I'm very sorry for my fans,but also for all MMA fans who expected a great show."

Unofficialy we found out that DSE refused Mirko's request that if he gets to the finals he gets paid for the second fight.If Mirko defeats Silva in semis and fights in the finals (Nog/Barnet) it's logical that he requested to get paid for that fight including the prize money if he wins the GP.

If Mirko doesn't travel to Tokio he probably won't fight in Pride anymore, but he has a great offer from a new american organization (WFA).

Someone change the title into MMA Thread. Like the wrestling one. Oh yeah I'm thinking about upping the Lidell-Rampage fight for you people who never saw it.

Well looks like Cro Cop might pull out of the OWGP. I really wanted to see this Cro Cop - Wand bout. I downloaded their orig but couldn't get down with the K1 esque round system.

Mirko had us all believe he is all about winning the Grand Prix and that money is secondary. I guess not.

Mirko is apparently back in the OWGP.

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/605988/index.do

Cro Cop to feature in the finals after all.

Zagreb - After the news of crocop not participating in the pride grand prix finals the japanese reacted fast. They accepted every term that Mirko Filipovic has set and the Croat will participate on the 10th vs Vanderlei Silva.

- I'm happy because I reached an agreement. I will have a chance to make my sports dream come true after all, to be the undisputed champion in competition with silva barnett and minotauro- sayd crocop.

- With this move the pride people have showed how much mirko means to them. If he reaches the final his second fight will be payed, and if he was to win the tournament he will get a 150.000 dollar bonus.