Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That's what I meant, I take Sherk the other person takes Penn....hmmm...and you would even specify the round? If Penn subs/KOs Sherk in any other round you lose?

aaaaaaahh!!!

since its a 5 round fight will you give me 2nd and 3rd round to call it?

:laugh:

me or you think about it?

hahahahaha!!!

:laugh:

:laugh: Ooops that was ambiguous, I meant me though....

like I said this is going to be a very tough one to call. Sherk's been out for a while and Penn looks dominant back at 155 but at the same time you know how Sherk trains and how he can go the distance (which has been BJ's weakness in the past), this fight has a lot of hype around it, I hope it turns out like the Chuck/Wanderlei fight and lives up to the hype.

"After his fight against Stevenson though he looked to be back in Penn form "

Yeah he sure did. Completely out of gas and collapsing on the canvas after a fight that didn't even go two rounds.

umm...you are out of your mind if you dont think he would be tired from that fight. Joe is very strong and one of the best technical wrestlers in the game. he dominated him, never ran out of gas during the whole fight and finished him off with a rear naked choke that was almost textbook. he was standing at the end when they put the belt around his waist so **** what he did after that.

:laugh: Ooops that was ambiguous, I meant me though....

like I said this is going to be a very tough one to call. Sherk's been out for a while and Penn looks dominant back at 155 but at the same time you know how Sherk trains and how he can go the distance (which has been BJ's weakness in the past), this fight has a lot of hype around it, I hope it turns out like the Chuck/Wanderlei fight and lives up to the hype.

well let me know bro...:cheers:

"umm...you are out of your mind if you dont think he would be tired from that fight. Joe is very strong and one of the best technical wrestlers in the game. he dominated him, never ran out of gas during the whole fight and finished him off with a rear naked choke that was almost textbook. he was standing at the end when they put the belt around his waist so **** what he did after that."

Joe is nowhere near as strong as Sherk and has gassed several times in his fights. Sherk is a cardio freak, and that's Penns weak point. After seeing BJ in the best shape of his life and he still gassed after being in complete control of a 2 round fight that was stopped twice to check a cut, I have serious doubts about him being able to keep up with Sherk. I'm not knocking BJ's talent or his achievements, but his cardio will be the biggest factor in this fight.

"umm...you are out of your mind if you dont think he would be tired from that fight. Joe is very strong and one of the best technical wrestlers in the game. he dominated him, never ran out of gas during the whole fight and finished him off with a rear naked choke that was almost textbook. he was standing at the end when they put the belt around his waist so **** what he did after that."

Joe is nowhere near as strong as Sherk and has gassed several times in his fights. Sherk is a cardio freak, and that's Penns weak point. After seeing BJ in the best shape of his life and he still gassed after being in complete control of a 2 round fight that was stopped twice to check a cut, I have serious doubts about him being able to keep up with Sherk. I'm not knocking BJ's talent or his achievements, but his cardio will be the biggest factor in this fight.

do you know the "quote" button on the bottom right? that is how I get what you say in what I say as well. :2cents:

Sherk is a roid freak. He has pissed Penn off and he is going to pay for it. BJ has been dominating in his last fights and I bet he comes in stronger this time and in even better shape.

His cardio IS much better but I never said he was inthe best shape of his life. I said he is not gassing DURING fights and that you can tell by the amount of weight he has lost and the fact that he is still going on strong until the end that he has better cardio.

Sherk is a cardio freak, and that's Penns weak point.

Besides the GSP fight when did BJ's cardio hold him back? The three rounder against Renzo? Three rounder against Machida? Killing Stevenson or Pulver? He was also looking fantastic against Hughes until he separated his rib.

Let's keep in mind that BJ's "gas" losses have come against fighters who are naturally much bigger than he is.

GSP and Matt Hughes generally fight one weight class above BJ's 155 and Lyoto Machida is a light heavyweight for god's sake. Pulver beat him by decision but BJ didn't gas in that fight so all I can do is give kudos to Jens, whom BJ destroyed in their rematch. I can't speak for the Joe Stevenson bout (which BJ won handily before being tired afterword) but I suspect Joe is a natural 170 pounder. He looks too big for 155 even at that fight weight.

I'm not here to call Sherk a roid freak or take anything away from his game.

His cardio is absolutely sick and if he outlasts Penn it might not necessarily be a statement about Penn having bad cardio but simply another victory attributed to Sherk's awesome cardio. This fight gets more interesting by the week. :)

World Victory Road: Sengoku II card is tonight around 3am(est). decent card from the looks of it:

-Josh Barnett (#4 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Jeff Monson

-Jorge Santiago vs. Yuki Sasaki

-Satoru Kitaoka vs. Ian Schaffa

-Eiji Mitsuoka vs. Kwang Hee Lee

-Mike Pyle vs. Dan Hornbuckle

-Yoshihiro Nakao vs. Jim York

-Kevin Randleman vs. Ryo Kawamura

-Roger Gracie vs. Yuki Kondo

not sure if they'll be a stream for this or not

come on people own up

Sherk is one of the most boring fighters I've ever had the displeasure of watching. BJ is a classless tool with all of the talent in the world yet none of the discipline. Which camp does that put me in? :silly:

Wanderlei training for Jardine:

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=741728d964aed320d40b69ea4fe350

He's got his nose taped and wearing a snorkel to restrict his breathing so his heart works harder...that's ****ing hardcore!!!

I so hope he KOs Jardine and gets back to his old form. Wanderlei was a monster just a few years ago.

All I can say is "Wow." :)

Check out UFC.com and click the vid on the main page that shows Sean Sherk's regimen for the Penn fight. Amazing.

I'm for BJ and that vid made me nervous.

Sherk is one of the most boring fighters I've ever had the displeasure of watching. BJ is a classless tool with all of the talent in the world yet none of the discipline. Which camp does that put me in? :silly:

Why do you think BJ lacks discipline?

His training has completely changed over the last year or so.

All I can say is "Wow." :)

Check out UFC.com and click the vid on the main page that shows Sean Sherk's regimen for the Penn fight. Amazing.

I'm for BJ and that vid made me nervous.

Intense! Sherk's definitely known for his conditioning. To me, that ab roller for 5 minutes straight is just crazy. I workout with one of those at the gym and 3 sets of 10 hurts I couldn't imagine doing that for 5 straight minutes!

Sherk's going to be in top condition, I just hopehe's technique is ready for BJ.