Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Not fight related, but it is on www.mmamania.com and Skins related.

------

Canadian fans know how to cheer on a fight. I’ve had the privilege of attending a few UFC events, as well as professional sporting events for every major sport except basketball. To date, there have been 3 crowds that I have witnessed that were truly a spectacle to beyond. You could tell history was being made—it was in the air:

* FedExField, Landover, MD. The Washington Redskins swept the favored Dallas Cowboys on December 18, 2005 in a must-win situation to earn a playoff berth, crushing their hated rivals 35 – 7. I’m a die-hard Steelers fan since forever, but I was proud to be living in D.C. on that day.

---

I will now read everything this guy ever writes :cheers:

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I had that game on my dvr for a year and a half.

Not fight related, but it is on www.mmamania.com and Skins related.

------

Canadian fans know how to cheer on a fight. I’ve had the privilege of attending a few UFC events, as well as professional sporting events for every major sport except basketball. To date, there have been 3 crowds that I have witnessed that were truly a spectacle to beyond. You could tell history was being made—it was in the air:

* FedExField, Landover, MD. The Washington Redskins swept the favored Dallas Cowboys on December 18, 2005 in a must-win situation to earn a playoff berth, crushing their hated rivals 35 – 7. I’m a die-hard Steelers fan since forever, but I was proud to be living in D.C. on that day.

---

I will now read everything this guy ever writes :cheers:

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I had that game on my dvr for a year and a half.

I have never seen a crowd buzz like they did at Fed Ex that night. The stadium looked overcrowded, everyone standing up. The buzz was causing me to shiver, I never felt more proud to be a Redskins fan than that night. After the first int, it was simply electrifying. Good call from this guy.

Yeah...after looking at that pic of Chuck's hamstring, he's out for a bit. Good grief!

If Irwin definitely replaces Chuck I say take that fight off the main card. Lesnar obviously hasn't been in the UFC as long, but he's got the "freak show" appeal that I think would attract more attention for the event...IMO.

They can also sign Little Nog to fight Rashad, seeing as his brother is the heavyweight champ of the UFC. Matt Hamill would be another decent matchup.

Dan Henderson just cut weight, but that'd be a good matchup stylistically speaking. If Dan were to move up, it would justify keeping that fight as a main or co-main event. It will be interesting to see what the UFC does.

http://i25.tinypic.com/inzhwx.jpg

^^^^very funny gif of the end Jason MacDonald fight with Joe Doerksen at the last weekends card. Steve Mazzagatti once again screws up :laugh:

Is it just me or is Mazzagatti the worst ref in MMA?

Those two have been talking a lot of **** to each other since their first fight, that's why Macdonald felt the need for a couple of extra hammerfists, but at the same time did Mazzagatti not completely stop it?

Is it just me or is Mazzagatti the worst ref in MMA?

Those two have been talking a lot of **** to each other since their first fight, that's why Macdonald felt the need for a couple of extra hammerfists, but at the same time did Mazzagatti not completely stop it?

in a video on sherdog, MacDonald said he was goin to stop (as the gif indicates), but Mazzagati told him to keep goin, and then Mazzagatti stepped in. Mazzagati should've been more clear. i can't blame MacDonald for that one

in a video on sherdog, MacDonald said he was goin to stop (as the gif indicates), but Mazzagati told him to keep goin, and then Mazzagatti stepped in. Mazzagati should've been more clear. i can't blame MacDonald for that one

Do you have a .gif of the Ed Herman triangle? I heard that he was choked out and looked dead after the bout.

Do you have a .gif of the Ed Herman triangle? I heard that he was choked out and looked dead after the bout.

148iulk.jpg

yeah Herman just laid on the canvas for a minute just out of it. he was unconscious. he did say after his loss to MacDonald by triangle that he would never tap again :laugh:

I like the idea of Henderson-Evans

mania throw out the idea of adding Bisping-Leben as a main event. London would love that war.

You make those two fights and the card is stacked again.

You could try to make Franklin-Bisping, but I don't think that one should be rushed.

http://mmamania.com/2008/04/22/ufc-85-fight-card-rumored-updates/

The hamstring injury to former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell has forced the promotion to shuffle the UFC 85 deck once again for the show at the 02 Arena in London, England, on June 7.

And while no official announcements have been made about what to expect, MMAmania.com has learned a few things throughout the day. A 185-pound showdown between Michael Bisping and Chris Leben — a match up we teased earlier this afternoon — is expected to headline the show. In addition, James Irvin has agreed to step up and replace Liddell to take on Evans.

In addition, and this is the shakiest bit of information we are passing along, the show will possibly air on SpikeTV for FREE similar to UFC 75: “Champion vs. Champion.”

If all this pans out — and there is still one fight to be announced — fans would have little to complain about. It’s a solid card even though it may lack a “big” name such as Liddell or Georges St. Pierre.

Stay tuned.

all rumors at this point, but a card full of solid matches (much like the last Ultimate Fight Night) would make up for the main event being scratched

http://mmamania.com/2008/04/22/ufc-85-fight-card-rumored-updates/

all rumors at this point, but a card full of solid matches (much like the last Ultimate Fight Night) would make up for the main event being scratched

I agree if that card panned out it AND it was free it would be hard to beat.

Lol to the Obama gif. Too bad you can't play that Jay-Z song with it.

Question:

I might be giving Serra too much credit because he got lucky last time against GSP, but did anyone else think he looked kind of pale and sickly walking out of the tunnel that night? I wasn't expecting him to win, but I certainly thought he'd put up much more of a fight.

Starnes Explains Himself

Criticized Canadian Calls UFC Contract ‘Most Oppressive’

By Mike Russell (gfn@thefightnetwork.com)

Kalib Starnes on Monday set out to clarify circumstances regarding his pending release from the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He countered a report from Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole in which UFC president Dana White seemed to indicate the Surrey, British Columbia, native had been cut from his contract.

“He just doesn’t belong in the UFC, and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work,” White said, referring to Starnes’ widely criticized effort against Nate Quarry at UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2 on Saturday at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

Starnes told The Fight Network that he requested his release from the remainder of his UFC contract, which had been carried over from his appearance on “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series and ensured him three fights per year.

“[uFC matchmaker] Joe Silva told me that it usually takes a couple of days for their legal department to complete the paperwork and that he would send me all of the paperwork to indicate that my contract has been dissolved,” Starnes said. “Later on in the afternoon, after I had spoken to Joe Silva, a story was released by some reporter from Yahoo! in which Dana White said that he had released me from my contract. I received no documentation on that, and it came after I asked to be released.”

Starnes – who dropped a unanimous decision to Quarry and was booed by his fellow Canadians for failing to engage – called White’s comments unprofessional and inappropriate.

“In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally,” Starnes said. “All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldn’t be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract I’ve ever been under in my life.”

According to the American Top Team-trained fighter, injuries led to his switch from an offensive to defensive mode against Quarry. For a majority of the fight, Starnes back pedaled out of harm’s way and away from his opponent’s dangerous punches. A former challenger for the UFC middleweight championship, Quarry battered Starnes with leg kicks throughout the three-round bout.

“Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight,” Starnes said. “My leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and he’s questioning my desire to fight? If that isn’t enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. I’m sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. That’s too bad. If that’s what they want, they’re paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in.”

Starnes then invited White to walk a few feet in his shoes.

“Dana White wouldn’t stand and trade with a guy [like Quarry] who had an 80 or 90 percent knockout ratio with injuries like I had Saturday night,” Starnes said. “He wouldn’t cross the street for $10,000. I don’t have anything to prove to anybody. I’m not about to stand there and get smashed to pieces. After I knew my foot was broken, I was trying to back up and work off the jab and keep moving so I didn’t get knocked out.”

Rumors also surfaced Monday that Starnes had dropped a bombshell – that his performance was a direct protest to his pay rate and insurance that he would be let go from the remainder of his contract – on a Montreal radio show following his match with Quarry. Starnes called the rumors ludicrous.

“Any report or rumor that I came on any radio station to comment on the fight or circumstances surrounding the fight or in reference to the UFC or Dana White is completely false,” he said. “I’ve been back in Florida since Sunday, and it was Dana White who decided to come out and publicly attack my character, not the other way around. That’s the way he felt like he should go. Maybe he thinks that character assassination might prevent me from moving on and fighting for another organization or carrying on a career. If he thinks it’s appropriate to attack me, it isn’t.”

I have a question; where was Joe Rogan? Florian looked like he was trying to be a Joe double and he SUCKED!!

Rogan before the event:

“There’s been a lot of goofy articles written on the internet lately about me missing the UFC card in Montreal this weekend, speculating all sorts of silly reasons why I’m not going to be there, so I figured it would be a good idea if I cleared it up here. The only reason I’m not going to be there is because of a family obligation. I’m certainly not upset at the UFC, and I’m not quitting to start doing commentary for a rival organization. I’ve also heard some ridiculous **** about me having massive fallout with the UFC president Dana White, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Dana is a very good friend of mine, and in the 7 years I’ve known him we’ve never even had a single disagreement. He’s a controversial dude, and a wild mother****er, but that’s why he’s the perfect president for the wildest sport in the world. We met back in 2001 when Zuffa purchased the UFC, and he’s the one that convinced me to do commentary after seeing how big a fan I am of the sport. I’ve seen this sport explode from relative obscurity to one of the most popular sports in the world, and if it weren’t for Dana White, and massive balls of Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta this sport wouldn’t be anywhere near as popular as it is now. Lorenzo and Frank, the owners of the UFC risked an incredible amount of money, and were DEEP into the red on this investment when the success of the Ultimate Fighter TV show finally launched this sport into the public’s awareness, and every fan on the planet owes them a debt of gratitude. They were literally everything this sport needed; they were true fans of the sport with the brains, money and balls to make it popular. On top of that, they’re cool as ****. The UFC has been the greatest job outside of stand up that I’ve ever had by a long shot, and I look forward to every single event. The entire production crew and everyone associated with the organization are a pleasure to work with, and I love them all. So in closing, I’m not going anywhere, ****es!”

Um, ok. Kalib just keeps digging himself deeper the more he opens his mouth. All I got from the interview Doublestrokeroll posted was Kalib making a lot of half-assed excuses for his pitiful performance...if that's what it can even be called.

I find the broken foot excuse pretty hilarious...I mean you would think that with a broken foot you wouldn't be able to run around the octagon for 15 minutes.

I also find it funny that he said the injury made him shift from offensive fighting to defensive fighting...I don't remember him ever being offensive during this fight...

Also, if it's true that Kalib was, in fact, working on getting released from his contract, my question is why? Why did he go on TUF in an effort to move up into the UFC if he was just going to quit UFC? What an idiot.