Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I don't. Ken was going to throw a lead right hand and saw Franklin loading up a straight right (his forward hand). Ken was already comitted and tried to bail out by falling to his knees and going for a leg, but Franklin still hit him. If a fight is going to be worked, the guy that will lose will be asked to take a few punches.

I don't agree it looks like a major dive, I remember watching that yelling at my tv that he took a dive.

I don't agree it looks like a major dive, I remember watching that yelling at my tv that he took a dive.

he took a dive. also while on the subject of dives, there is huge speculation that cantrell took a dive with his fight against kimbo. that is a fight where i do question the validity of the KO.

:laugh:

Actually some of my friends thing the Le vs. Shamrock fight was a work. I don't believe that any fight is a work but you have to wonder why Frank wouldn't take him down.

Call your boy GSP and get tickets man! :laugh:

Yeah Karo has anger issues and that was classless IMO. No need to act like an ass because you stopped defending yourself and the ref jumped in that's his job.

Part of it is probably because he's been due a title shot for a while now and he knows that he was moved down a notch because of that loss.

ive heard the frank vs cung BS also. I doubt either of these super proud fighters would take a dive.

Also, my friend who brought me out to hang with GSP told me that GSP is getting a full section to himself. If thats the case, my friend said he should be getting about 2 dozen tickets for free. Im not holding my breath tho:laugh:

in Ken Shamrock's fight against Franklin, he starts to godown before the punch was thrown:

mb6bko.gif

i believe that was a work :laugh:

work work work work work!

ive heard the frank vs cung BS also. I doubt either of these super proud fighters would take a dive.

Also, my friend who brought me out to hang with GSP told me that GSP is getting a full section to himself. If thats the case, my friend said he should be getting about 2 dozen tickets for free. Im not holding my breath tho

Well if you do happen to meet GSP again grab me an autograph! I'll trade you a Jason Campbell autograph for it....maybe :)

I don't. Ken was going to throw a lead right hand and saw Franklin loading up a straight right (his forward hand). Ken was already comitted and tried to bail out by falling to his knees, but Franklin still hit him. If a fight is going to be worked, the guy that will lose will be asked to take a few punches. Ken has just been an embarassing fighter for a while now.

I don't think that was a work either. Franklin did hit him with the straight right on the forehead which would send his head back like that, and I either think Ken was bailing out or going for a weak takedown that got interrupted. I've come to expect garbage from Ken at this point in his career.

he took a dive. also while on the subject of dives, there is huge speculation that cantrell took a dive with his fight against kimbo. that is a fight where i do question the validity of the KO.

Cantrell was tapping before he hit the ground :laugh:

i don't know if that was work or Cantrell just quitting so he could get his check and go home

If Rich needs Shamrock to take a dive, he wouldn't have only 3 losses. It just looked like Ken got scared of the 1-2 that was about to pop him.

I love the guy, but- IMHO, Rich Franklin will never be the same after the Silva beatings. His nose is mush now and he won't have the killer instinct.

If Rich needs Shamrock to take a dive, he wouldn't have only 3 losses. It just looked like Ken got scared of the 1-2 that was about to pop him.

Franklin also said after that fight he would never fight at that weight class again, it was a one time deal and it seems fishy to me, plus it was an early hyped fight on Spike, Shamrock was already well known but Franklin needed an itroduction to a national audience. Shamrock legs do not bend like he was attempting a weak take down, they bend like he's expecting to fall backwards. Shamrock knows from the WWF days how to dive.

If I remember correctly Ken looked like he went after the ankle for his patented move. I thought he was trying to do something and then didnt get it and just got lit up.

Franklin was pushed way too fast in that division in my opinion and wasnt ready to be champ. I think the UFC needed a good face and he was it. he was a talented fighter but he was exposed by a real fighter..

If I remember correctly Ken looked like he went after the ankle for his patented move. I thought he was trying to do something and then didnt get it and just got lit up.

Franklin was pushed way too fast in that division in my opinion and wasnt ready to be champ. I think the UFC needed a good face and he was it. he was a talented fighter but he was exposed by a real fighter..

its hard to say he got "exposed". i think Rich is still one of the 3 or 4 best heavyweights in the land. he's only loss to two people in A.Silva and Machida, no shame in losing to either of those guys.

its hard to say he got "exposed". i think Rich is still one of the 3 or 4 best heavyweights in the land. he's only loss to two people in A.Silva and Machida, no shame in losing to either of those guys.

*Middleweight

If Okami wasn't ****ing around for the first two round Franklin would have had another loss.

True but I still think he was pushed too far to the top too fast.

I don't know. If Anderson never signed with the UFC Rich might still be champ. Who else at 185 can beat him? Well, I guess I'd take Henderson over him, but that would be a good fight.

That was a very weak division before Anderson got there and before Pride folded.

I don't know. If Anderson never signed with the UFC Rich might still be champ. Who else at 185 can beat him? Well, I guess I'd take Henderson over him, but that would be a good fight.

That was a very weak division before Anderson got there and before Pride folded.

quoted for truth.

I think that should be Hendo's next match actually. After Franklin-Lutter in a few weeks I'd love to see Hendo-Franklin that would be a hell of a fight.

Also, I've heard rumors of Wanderlei dropping down to 185 after the Jardine fight...anyone else hear this?

If Wanderlei, Hendo, Franklin and Anderson were all at 185 that division would stacked again. Maybe move a couple WEC guys over like Chael Sonnen and it would be damn near as deep as the Welterweight division.

BTW, I predict that Wanderlei is not going to lose another fight this year, he's going to get on a roll and KO some guys and get back to his old form.

GSP is going to have the same problem as Spiderman, no one close to his level in that division.

GSP moves up in weight.

GSP vs A.Silva!!!

I've heard rumors of GSP moving up to middleweight and fighting Silva at some point. He has said that he wants to leave his mark on the sport and if that means being the best at 170 and moving up and taking on 185, then so be it.

GSP's divison is a lot deeper though IMO. I still want to see him fight Jon Fitch and a few other guys (which I def give the advantage to GSP).

Im not really trying to bash Rich at all. I like the guy as a fighter, but outside of the Shamrock victory (which I think Ken helped lose) I havent really seen him dominate anyone big time.

Evan Tanner 2 times - who should have retired a long time ago.

Edwin Dewees - ??

Nate Quarry - good KO I will say that.

David Loiseau - decision and I wasnt pumped on his showing here.

There are others but I think I have made my point. He never really had any big competition in my opinion and he was given fights that helped put him at the top. And once someone came up that was won a fight with him, he got his butt handed to him. 2 times in dramatic fashion!!

Didn't know he had a twin, that is surprising, however the mullet is not.

I think that's the same brother of his that was on the last season of TUF, helping him coach.

Chachie we still on for the GSP / Serra fight, if I keep this up eventually my sig will be nothing but my terrible sig betting record.

Are you betting for or against GSP?