Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm confident in Nicks ability to survive. I think Silva wins it, but I can't see Nick being outclassed. Silva is 40. He might not be the Silva we remember.

Wow. I can't even imagine it. Nick methodically peppering him and absorbing Anderson's strikes. Anderson covering up, Nick plodding forward. All I see is Nick getting floored early.

Wow. I can't even imagine it. Nick methodically peppering him and absorbing Anderson's strikes. Anderson covering up, Nick plodding forward. All I see is Nick getting floored early.

I never count my boy out anymore, I honestly expected Daley to ko him, instead I got the best round of mma rver.

I'm confident in Nicks ability to survive. I think Silva wins it, but I can't see Nick being outclassed. Silva is 40. He might not be the Silva we remember.

Well, to be fair, Diaz may not the same as we remember either. That Paul Daley fight you mention was three years ago. And it was Paul Daley.

Three years ago, Silva was front kicking Vitor's head into the 11th row of the Mandalay Bay Events Center. We all know about the injury, but it's not like Nick has been active while Anderson has been rehabbing.  

I dunno. It's one thing to fake that you're going to high five, it's another to show no intention. He ran right at him, no hand in the air, and dude put it up at the last moment. Gotta be mutual, make sure he's giving you signs that he wants to touch gloves. Otherwise, get your guard up when someone is running at you.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

& with those last 2 events, I found out the hard way the UFC's Canadian broadcast partner-Sportsnet- stopped broadcasting the Fight Pass fights for free in live tv. Well, on a premium sports cable channel not in the basic packages. Thanks for the warning pricks.

Now word is Vitor's test results will be made public if he applies for a license in Nevada. Now why put Vitor in to replace Wandy under the suspicion he was dirty, when apparently Vitor failed that earlier test? Did Dana believe Belfort when he said he passed, or it won't be an issue? Seems odd to do that, I think the fight gets canned unless they can find Chael a replacement.

Please dear God don't let Machida get hurt. Save Chael for Anderson's comeback.

In other news, reason # 4,765,864 to not like Jon Jones-

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/3/5777034/ufc-jon-jones-deleted-instagram-video-addressing-fans-alexander-gustafsson-daniel-cormier

Here's the quote, in it's entirety:

Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler, strikeforce champion makes me somehow a coward? How about the fact that I beat Gustaffson already? Whether you guys like how close it was or not. It's my career. Not yours.

End Quote.

Supports my theory Jones only wants challenges he thinks he can handle, & avoids the real hard stuff. I picture in my head, Jones as a kid beating up on the smaller Chandler all the time, but never fighting the bigger Arthur without a sneak attack or Chandlers help. Strikes me as a guy more afraid of losing that struggling for a win, he wants the easy path is what in saying.

With thar being said, if this is a negotiation tactic with the UFC- I think it's a convinient byproduct- I appluad Jones for using the leverage he has as champ and now the biggest star. Think about it, he turned down Chael, & pushed the Glover fight after the UFC announced the date & Dana corrected, then said another date that didn't happen. Clearly he us not afraid of Dana saying he's upset with him to the media.

Jones is not going to bend in this, in the end, I think he gets exactly what he wants, even if that is just a bigger payday for Gus 2.

Well, to be fair, Diaz may not the same as we remember either. That Paul Daley fight you mention was three years ago. And it was Paul Daley.

Three years ago, Silva was front kicking Vitor's head into the 11th row of the Mandalay Bay Events Center. We all know about the injury, but it's not like Nick has been active while Anderson has been rehabbing.  

If you look at Anderson Silva's Instagram it looks like he's been lifting a lot of weights and eating big. I didn't pay a ton of attention to his weight between bouts when he was fighting regularly, but this is probably the biggest I've seen him. A lot of his workout videos are him in the weightroom too. 

I have already knocked Chad out. He has gone to the end of the line. He has ran the path to get credentials to fight for the belt again, although I don't think that he beat nobody with a big name since then. Anyway, someone will pay the price for that joke and it's going to be Chad."

Getting me hyped for the rematch.

• Like 1

Played the EA Sports UFC demo tonight, not that impressed with it overall. Seems like they tried to straddle a line between simulation and arcade and failed. The striking is clunky, like jabs and regular leg kicks seem to register the same reactions and damage as power strikes and specialty moves. Not a fan of the submission mini-game either. The game looks great on the ps4, but I'll probably bypass this one.

Finally....all parties agree to Jones & Gus rematch - UFC 178 on Sept 27

Just realized it is in Toronto again (Jones is from upstate NY). I think this one I'll go to, just get a cheap seat & watch the screens.

I'll go as a Jones hater. Anyone know how to say/spell "you're going to die!" in Swedish? I want that to become a tradition in every non English speaking country at weigh-ins & in the actual fight, at the very least it will make the Brazilians look a little less crazy.

Just realized it is in Toronto again (Jones is from upstate NY).

Really, I didn't know that. It's messed up because Dana promised it would be in Sweden.

Maybe that was one of the negotiation criteria that Jones demanded, in order to agree to fight Gus instead of Cormier - that it couldn't be on Gus' home turf.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Rustam over Bendo by close decision: Bendo is kinda in a weird spot, he's just good enough to hang with everybody, but not deadly enough to beat them convincingly. His offensive output is dropping from fight to fight as well. I'm a believer in the Dagestani's that seem to be invading the UFC. Rustam isn't the best of them, but he's got some slick skills in transition grappling.

Dodson should have a field day with Moraga. I really want to see him rematch Mighty Mouse.

Pearson over Diego by decision: Pearson is a slow starter and could get caught in Sanchez's aggression, but that aggression is the only thing Sanchez has going for him. He is fading fast as a fighter, Pearson isn't much, but his technical striking should give Diego problems if he can withstand the initial barrage.